Re: Books!

lil'jj wrote:

The Amulet of Samarkand
I like it. This is the second time i've read it.

I think I read that a while ago, although I don't remember a lot about it. It did seem to be an interesting book, though.

- Leo

I have read both Cannery Row and Miguel Street for my English Exam Project. Now I have to start working on a comparative analytical essay comparing the two... *sigh*

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

I am reading Orson Scott Card's Xenocide, because it's an awesome book, and now I OWN it.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

I've run out of books to read,I mean,even my local library is starting to run a bit dry...
Can anyone recommend some must-reads?

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Just_a_Minifig wrote:

I've run out of books to read,I mean,even my local library is starting to run a bit dry...
Can anyone recommend some must-reads?

Robert Anton Wilson: The Illuminatus! Trilogy (they will definitely change your life!)
And ALL of Haruku Murakami.

ブリックフィルマー

His Dark Materials?

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

Yeah, that's a great trilogy. Look at some Nancy Farmer books (House of the Scorpion, A Girl Named Disaster), and definitely check out The Catcher in the Rye.

Have you read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? It's a great book.

Just started reading Trainspotting.... mini/jaw

rstudios.co.uk - Brand New Website Up And Running!
Experiencing problems with Rstudios.co.uk? Tell me HERE.

I just read Herbert Mason's version of Gilgamesh. It's awesome.

*BUMP*

I read an amazing book called The Conquest of Paradise, about the ecological legacy of the invasion of the Americas. Pretty depressing, but very enlightening. It's particularly good at giving the reader an idea of the enormous differences between European and Native American worldviews (the Europeans being explicitly anti-nature, the natives being the opposite).

Right now, I'm starting Allen Ginsberg's The Fall of America and a translation of the Bhagavad Gita.

I just bought the whole "Chronicles Of Narnia" series at a garage sale for 2 bucks.
SCORE!

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I am now engadged in a book called The Great Wide Sea. I love it so! mini/smile Now excuse me I'm gonna go read it.

The Strange case of Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde

Interesting, very interesting.

Now I'm reading Native Son

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

I just ordered a copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.It looks awesome!

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

I can advise Joey Goebel. Last I read from him was Commonwealth, but the 2 other books are great as well.

ブリックフィルマー

I'm currently reading An Utterly Impartial History of Britain (Or: 2000 Years of Upper Class Idiots in Charge). It's certainly dragging on, especially as I've bought some better books in the meantime. At the moment, I've read from the Romans through to the rather boring early 1800's. Hopefully it should get more interesting from 1914.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Just finished whipping through all the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books, and I loved them; however, I was kind of disappointed with the ending of the last book.

I hope Eoin Colfer does a good job with the next book, and doesn't add any nods to environmentalism, like he did in his last Artemis Fowl book.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

I need to read that one, waht's it called again?

meme
http://i.imgur.com/gMfjgiC.jpg

Eion Colfer is a great author. When in his last book did he make an eco nod thing