Re: Books!

I don't read normal novels unless I'm forced to, but I like to read graphic novels. I recently read The Walking Dead: Days Gone By and it was fantastic. I want to get the next book in the series and Watchmen next.

The last book I read was Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, which is the book that inspired the video game series (I only own Rainbow Six: Lockdown, Vegas and Vegas 2 and I've only had a go at the PS original once). I have no idea why I just keep on reading this book, it's sort of addictive mini/tongue. I plan on getting a book by Terry Pratchett, I don't know what to get but, I'll have a look.

-storgero

YouTube | PlayStation Network: storgero | Xbox LIVE: storgero | Steam: storgero

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

Acctualy i read it about a month ago but haven't finished another book.;)

RETIRED

storgero wrote:

The last book I read was Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, which is the book that inspired the video game series (I only own Rainbow Six: Lockdown, Vegas and Vegas 2 and I've only had a go at the PS original once). I have no idea why I just keep on reading this book, it's sort of addictive mini/tongue. I plan on getting a book by Terry Pratchett, I don't know what to get but, I'll have a look.

-storgero

I have Tom Clancy's State of Siege. Lol, I didn't think anyone else would have a Tom Clancy book...or did I?]

Janice, you have one ugly baby. Seriously!" — Jack Cox
"Did you actually teach your son to be mean to a baby?" — J.D.
"Not just any baby, but your baby." — Dr. Cox

My last serious book read was How Right You Are Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse.
My last unserious (is that a word?) book was the manga Black Lagoon Vol 1 by Rei Hiroe

I'm now working on Stardust by Neil Gaiman, as I'd like to read the book before I watch the film.

Cheers!
-Nich

"See...this is why we can't have nice things."
21:05 Nich: Am I a purdy lady? : D
21:05 Smeagol: yes?

"The World Without Us." It's a great read.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

mintyfreshCOJO wrote:

The Shack by William P. Young. An awesome book, you should definitely read.

-MFcojo

I actually haven't heard good things about that book.

- Leo

MMproductions wrote:

"The World Without Us." It's a great read.

I read that last summer; it definitely is interesting, especially the way it goes into the past just as much as it predicts the hypothetical future.

By Any Means-Charley Boorman
An interesting story of a man's adventure to get from Wicklow in Ireland,to Sydney,Australia without using any commercial air transport.
NOTE:Non-fiction.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Gone... yep...

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer.
Brilliant book, by an Irish author aswell

Janice, you have one ugly baby. Seriously!" — Jack Cox
"Did you actually teach your son to be mean to a baby?" — J.D.
"Not just any baby, but your baby." — Dr. Cox

The Mighty Book of Boosh By Noel fielding and Julian Barret.
This made me lol repeatedly throughtout but despite it being Quite Big it was quite short. I wish it could have been longer.

_2014

*bump*

North American Mythology

A really interesting overview of Native American myths, though it's more scholarly than entertaining in its style. It's still accessible, though, and definitely has some neat stuff.

The Known World

Beautifully written, though I think I'll read it again to really grasp it. It's not overly long, just under 400 pages, but there are so many characters and storylines woven together. It's definitely the most interesting book about slavery I've read.

A Semester in the life of a garbage bag

So funny. Written with great dry humor and a plot that is completely believable.

Just finished Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl for Language Arts class.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

I'm reading some book I've got about the Ramones in school atm.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Antifaan/KISS/kiss_banner_2.jpg

Anthem
by Ayn Rand or whatever.

Hoenstly, I thought I was very stupid, especially I had to read.
Third person speaking with the word "we" got so annoying.

America's Boy
by Wade Rouse
http://www.amazon.com/Americas-Boy-Wade … 0452288010

A memoir about growing up gay in Missouri and dealing with prejudice, tragedy, friends and foes, and above all, confusion!  A brilliant book that had me laughing, crying, fuming with anger, but most of all, hooked the entire time.  If you're willing to step out of your comfort zone and see things through the eyes of a gay man, definitely check out this book.  It's a huge eye opener.

-Dave

Last edited by quakefilms (March 7, 2009 (06:36pm))

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/quakefilms/myspace/Brickfilms/whitewallssig.jpg

Doomed Anne Boleyn
by Carolyn Meyer

I thought the book was quite interesting, I like how the books not just a biography saying "She did this, she did that", it
told the story in the point of view of the person the book was about. I have read other Carolyn Meyer books making hme
read this one, I have read "Bloody, Bloody Mary" and this other book about Queen Elizabeth

I'm reading I, Robot again, and I really think I should read The Naked Sun, The Robots of Dawn, and Issac Asimov's other books.

Robots are like, awesome.

Last edited by Littlebrick (March 7, 2009 (08:45pm))

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...