Re: Books!

I've read 'Three of Diamonds' before. Exellent book.

Thanks for telling me there was Eight. I should look out for more of these exellent books.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

-two wrongly placed film reviews-

Last edited by Hazzat (March 15, 2009 (06:39am))

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Wrong Thread

It's about this guy who wants to post in the film thread, but posts in the book thread instead. It's very depressing.

Night Owl wrote:

Wrong Thread

It's about this guy who wants to post in the film thread, but posts in the book thread instead. It's very depressing.

i c wut u did thar.

Oh. Whoops. How awkward.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Night Owl wrote:

Wrong Thread

The very pants I was going to return...the irony...THAT is interesting writing, Elaine! mini/XD

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Night Owl wrote:

Meh, I think Artemis Fowl took a nosedive after Book 3 and never recovered.

I think the latest book killed the series, mostly because of the numerous "ZOMG Sav da wurld!" tie-ins. I almost stopped reading the book when Artemis took a moment in the middle of a chase scene to marvel at how well the solar panels on his plane were sucking up the energy from the sun...

Really, how ridiculous can you get? You know, I would probably care a bit more about the environment if people would stop shoving all this environmentally friendly junk in my face, and using my entertainment to advertise it.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Odd, I never noticed any kind of environmental message in Artemis Fowl. I guess it's because I simply view Artemis's increased respect for the environment as a way that he becomes a more moral person. As for the pausing in the middle of the chase, I guess that could be expected, as gadgets feature so heavily in the books anyhow.

Maximum Ride
It was a good book, moves fast though.

User formerly known as "LEGO"

Which one did you read?

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

The first one, angel experiment, are the others good?

User formerly known as "LEGO"

Watchmen

Might be one of the best books I've ever read. Like, seriously.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

Watchmen

I need to read this at least 2 more times.  This one will take a while to sink in.  Totally agree, one of the best books I've ever read.  I read the whole thing in two days, partly because I found myself not looking at the pictures because they looked so much like the movie that I didn't really need to. The movie makes a lot more sense now, but i need to watch the movie and read the book again.

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

Batman: Year One

They say this is the best batman graphic Novel.... well, they are surtenly right that it's one of the best freakin batman books.

the action, story and graphic stuff sucker you in the book and makes a damm good batman book.

I sorta noticed some bits that there were sorta the same moments from Batman Begins and TDK

Buy it if you can.

next on my buy list: The Dark Knight returns mini/bigsmile !

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

MindGame wrote:

Watchmen

Might be one of the best books I've ever read. Like, seriously.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing, isn't it?

I am currently reading 'Post Office' by Charles Bukowski

I finished The Island by Gary Paulsen yesterday.

I really liked it. It was different from many of his other books, focusing more on the human mind and human affect on nature and themselves. It's really good.

I just started reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and it is so far hilarious! mini/bigsmile

I'm halfway through Watchmen (for fun) and halfway through The Great Gatsby (for school).

Both are amazing, especially Watchmen.

People won't be people when they hear this sound.

The Amulet of Samarkand
I like it. This is the second time i've read it.