Register at Forums - Bricks in Motion
You must agree to the forum rules set out below in order to register.
Welcome to Bricks in Motion!
We are a community devoted to the art of stop-motion animation using LEGO® and similar construction toys.
Our mission is to encourage filmmakers of all ages to learn and develop their skills in a diverse community of people from all walks of life who all share an enthusiasm for the brickfilming craft. To that end, we are devoted to protecting the members of this community and providing an environment that promotes growth and creativity.
Safety & Privacy
- By registering to this website, you accept the responsibility of sharing your username, email address, IP address, and optionally, real name with Bricks in Motion.
- We are committed to the safety and privacy of our members. We promise to always keep any personally identifiable information (such as your IP Address) safe and secure. We never share or sell any data.
- Please respect the privacy of other members. Any stalking or doxing attempts or will result in a ban.
- If a member is not comfortable with sharing specifics about a project, their personal life, or anything, do not pressure them. Everyone is entitled to privacy and respect on Bricks in Motion.
- While this community is made for people 13 years and older, it’s impossible to know everyone’s age. Therefore, be safe online, don’t give your personal information to anyone, and if you see any misconduct, harassment, or blackmailing going on in the community, please report it.
- We are a community that does not accept discrimination of any kind. We do not allow racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, religious discrimination, or any other forms of bigotry.
- Please treat everyone inside and outside Bricks in Motion with respect. While we do not generally become involved with off-site conflicts, if we feel that your deeds on another website may cause issues in this community, we will take action.
- Insults, gossiping, threats, slurs, and abusive comments are not allowed. Everyone is a valued human being and needs to be treated with utmost respect. I encourage you to remember the golden rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
- Remember that sarcasm and some jokes may not come across as you intend through a text-based message, so be polite, understanding, and do not attack people, even if joking.
- You are free to discuss personal beliefs (political, religious, etc.) in chat only if everyone in chat is comfortable with the discussion. While opinions from all walks of life are encouraged, bigotry will not be tolerated.
- This is a 13+ community, so mild swears like “hell” and “damn” are allowed, however there is a word filter that censor more mature and explicit language.
- No sexual imagery or discussion allowed. The posting of anything which may not be safe for work or young audiences. This includes pornographic imagery, writing, or language. Keep it safe for kids.
- No spamming. This includes text, emoji, gif, or image spam. Even if you are simply replying to a chain of spam, it is considered spam. Let’s keep our topics and chatrooms tidy.
- No double posting. If you want to quote multiple people or add something to something you’ve recently said, do not double post, unless significant time has passed, or you are posting in a Production Log. Use the “Edit” button instead.
- Marketing and advertising are discouraged. However, if you have something that might be relevant to the brickfilming community (e.g., a product or service which might prove useful to the craft, or a film festival), you may post it. Any unrelated advertising will be deleted.
- It is impossible to moderate a website 100% of the time, so some things may slip through the cracks. Please report anything you find.
- While not all films submitted to Bricks in Motion need to be G-rated, you are expected to use the appropriate content warnings on your films. If you are in doubt of whether the content of your films may be offensive or objectionable, put a content warning.
- Self-promotion is allowed in the appropriate forums. You may share brickfilms by clicking “Submit Film” under the Brickfilms section, and share your Works in Progress and Other Films in the appropriate sections.
- If you are leaving feedback on a film, please be respectful. Understand that not everyone may share your level of understanding of brickfilming techniques. If you leave feedback, do it nicely and constructively, not just stating what you dislike, but offering ideas for how to improve.
- Internet Piracy is not allowed. Any discussion of, or links to pirated software will be deleted.
- Impersonation is not allowed. You may not impersonate any other member, or person (including public and historical figures).
- Role-playing in chat or on the forums is not allowed.
- If you have been banned, making duplicate accounts to bypass the ban is not allowed. It will only extend your ban, potentially even making it permanent.
- If you wish to have your account deleted, speak with an administrator. We may not delete the content of your posts to preserve the integrity of discussions on the forum, but we will be happy to remove any Personally Identifiable Information.
For more information about our community and how to operate the website, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions
By registering, you affirm that you agree to all the above rules and are 13 years of age or older.