Re: Worst movie you've ever seen?

Bug
I hope the creators of this film share the same fate as the main characters

I actually agree with the main thrust of Max Butcher's point re Cars. Yes, there's technically not a lot of realism in a movie about toys coming to life, or monsters popping out of closets to scare kids, but those worlds and the rules established for those worlds within the movies themselves were better thought-out and presented more interestingly (and throughly) than in Cars.

I suppose one could call that nitpicky, especially seeing some of the other CGI crap that has been churned out, but Pixar movies are usually what I point people towards as prime examples of what 'family-friendly' entertainment ought to strive for; I tend to have high expectations.

Also, though it's not a terrible movie by any means, the world coupled with the actual characters themselves just didn't 'pop' for me like most Pixar films.

I also don't have high hopes for the sequel. From the trailer I saw, it looked as though they didn't know what to do with the cars so they were all like 'I know! Let's make an action-packed Bond spoof.' One gets the sneaking suspicion that maybe the biggest reason to make Cars into a series isn't to tell a compelling story but so they can make another $5 billion in merchandising.

Last edited by Shale (January 23, 2011 (12:10pm))

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

I haven't actually seen this film yet, and hopefully never will have to, but Gnomeo and Juliet looks soooooo bad. mini/no

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

I have mixed feelings to 'Cars 2'. I thought 'Up', 'Cars', 'The Incredibles' (although, I was around 9 years old) and 'Ratatoille' were going to be crap judging by the trailer, but I was wrong. But, as I said, I have no idea where the concept of Cars being actual people can go (I still think 'Cars' would have been better if it was like 'Herby' - only with every car having a mind of its own).

Shale wrote:

One gets the sneaking suspicion that maybe the biggest reason to make Cars into a series isn't to tell a compelling story but so they can make another $5 billion in merchandising.

Isn't that what every sequel does?

Last edited by Max Butcher (January 25, 2011 (11:02am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

lil'jj wrote:

Bug
I hope the creators of this film share the same fate as the main characters

Wow yeah that movie was like the WORST ever.... agreed.

Mr.Bean was the DUMBEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN!

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left." -Bertrand Russel
Youtube: www.youtube.com/LegoPeoples37 (Subscribe!)

mini/sad
The first one was pretty bad, but I wouldn't really consider it worse than... say, Wild Hogs. I think Bean managed to be mediocre, even if it was a big departure from the series.

EDIT: OK so IMDB gives Wild Hogs a better rating than Bean... maybe I was alone in my distaste for that film. I guess I'm just trying to say I've seen films that were on a completely different level of bad, to the point where they stopped being enjoyable entirely. I can stand a terrible movie. I just can't stand a boring movie.

Akay.

Just Go With It.

Along with other Adam Sandler films. Also, reviewers said this to Just Go With It: "Just go away"

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

Peewee's Big Adventure

Jeez, that movie SUCKED.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

goldencamerastudios wrote:

Peewee's Big Adventure

Jeez, that movie SUCKED.

You SUCK. mini/tongue

LegoPeoples37 wrote:

I'm sorry but this is Oscar material.

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

LegoPeoples37 wrote:

Sure, its not as witty as most British humour - and the movies have been dumbed down a little so that they can appeal to a more mainstream audience compared to its original sitcom (which NEEDS to be checked out), but if you think any of the (two) Bean movies are dumb...I'd hate to see what you make of such 'comedies' as 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop', 'Big Mommas House', 'G-Force', the list goes on....

YouTube
Max, She/They

Tree hugging crap..I despise every inch of this movie in very way, the only part i didn't was the subtitles, which featured a font i like

"You have a Tic-Tac obsession" 
-Tbr207

Inch? I think 'second' would be more appropriate in my opinion.

Anastasia is for sure on my worst movies list. God, that movie was horrible.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

tehepicpineapple wrote:

Tree hugging crap..I despise every inch of this movie in very way, the only part i didn't was the subtitles, which featured a font i like

Wait, you actually like Papyrus?

To be fair, Papyrus isn't a badly-made font. The nineties just weren't good to it. I don't really get why James Cameron wanted his movie to have something in common with one third of laundromats nationwide.

Land of the Lost may be the worst. It's definitely up on the list.

'The Last Airbender' actually looks hilariously bad (the pebble dance clip had me in stitches). Is it worth risking my sanity for some goofy acting and directing?

YouTube
Max, She/They

The Last Airbender was sooo bad. In the right mood, you'll find some stuff hilarious.

goldencamerastudios wrote:

Peewee's Big Adventure

Jeez, that movie SUCKED.

Die.

wernier wrote:

Hancock was the worthiest movie. I don't for what the movie meant for.

Sense, this sentence makes none.

I'd say Meet the Spartans and Epic Movie are the worst movies I've ever watched parts of. I've seen no more than 5 minutes of those movies.
It seems like every film Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer make, it's the worst movie ever. If I see their names anywhere in a movie trailer, I know I'm steering clear of that movie.