Re: Worst movie you've ever seen?

Max Butcher wrote:

Toys talking is the only thing that was out of the norm in that movie. Cars had an entire world of impossibility. If we saw more of this world outside of the stupid little town and the racing stadiums and it was explained, I would have no issue. In Star Wars and Monsters Inc, we see enough to assume how everything works without everything needing explanation.

And artificial gravity hasn't been invented yet, meaning for all we know it could be completely plausible.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Credibility isn't necessary to enjoy a movie. We don't need it.

Max Butcher wrote:

Toys talking is the only thing that was out of the norm in that movie. Cars had an entire world of impossibility. If we saw more of this world outside of the stupid little town and the racing stadiums and it was explained, I would have no issue. In Star Wars and Monsters Inc, we see enough to assume how everything works without everything needing explanation.

And artificial gravity hasn't been invented yet, meaning for all we know it could be completely plausible.

I envy you

-----------

Guys that is my opinion don't make such a big deal about it. Pixar is still DA BOMB in animation and story but with Cars it just didn't go the right way. I wish it was one of those short films they make with the opening race cause that kicked ass. Then it fell apart quickly and dragged on way to long. Then when the last race starts you go like "Oh good morning.... oh wait I am still watching the movie, wait did something happen!?" That's how I went when I saw the movie.

NO! I AM A TROLL AND I WILL TROLL!!! mini/troll

YouTube
Max, She/They

Stop being a troll and get back to Troll 2.
--------------

I also forgot to say that how stupid are these cars who runs the race's. Chick Hicks is almsot KILLING everyone!? Remember that they are like humans in their world. You would get expelled if you pushed someone at a race in our world so he fells down and gets injured. He almost kills everyone and yet he still gets to continue the race.

Spoiler (click to read)

In the end he REALLY almost killed Strip Weathers

but he still got to continue.

Max, you need to realize that reviewing a film isn't picking out every little plot hole and implausibility. That's missing the point by miles.

Oh you can talk Night Owl... mini/eh

Brickyman wrote:

Oh you can talk Night Owl... mini/eh

From what I've seen he's just very critical of a movie in its entirety, not about a whole bunch of little details.

Night Owl wrote:

Max, you need to realize that reviewing a film isn't picking out every little plot hole and implausibility. That's missing the point by miles.

I thought that's what he was saying...

Diary of A Wimpy Kid
Kill.Me.Now!
Loved the book, hated the movie. Very cheesy acting, they should have spent maybe, more than a day on working on this. Just very dumb.
1/5

Chris W. wrote:

Diary of A Wimpy Kid
Kill.Me.Now!
Loved the book, hated the movie. Very cheesy acting, they should have spent maybe, more than a day on working on this. Just very dumb.
1/5

Yeah, I was disappointed when I saw it because I'm a BIG fan of the book series. And...

Batman & Robin
Don't even get me started about it. mini/rolleyes
0/5

Back In Black!

really bad movies that are NOT so bad they are good is any of those *expletive* disney channel films my sister watches. terrible. They are made for people with an attention span of about 0.01 seconds.

-22 / 10

That is the greatest brickfilm ever made. Screw COTY.

topitmunkeydog wrote:

really bad movies that are NOT so bad they are good is any of those *expletive* disney channel films my sister watches. terrible. They are made for people with an attention span of about 0.01 seconds.

Totally mini/tongue

Back In Black!

Star Wars Christmas Special.

ShootTheChicken wrote:

THAT'S NOT REAL!

- Search your feelings you know it to be real.
- NOOOOOO!!!!

Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 that was a good example of how bad movie sequels usually are....

Lucas wrote:
ShootTheChicken wrote:

THAT'S NOT REAL!

- Search your feelings you know it to be real.
- NOOOOOO!!!!

its called star wars holiday special and for some reason it's terrible. I saw it and liked it actually.

Gallipoli (1981)

http://thebuttonfilm.com/

Night Owl wrote:

Sure, I do nitpick, but the nitpicking doesn't judge my overall and final opinion. I like nitpicking. I enjoy analysing minute details of movies, no matter how good or bad they are. Is there a rulebook somewhere saying how to 'review'? If I want to nitpick, I shall nitpick.

Did I say I hated 'Cars'? No. Sure, in my opinion its not the best Pixar movie - but not because of the aforementioned nitpicks. I was merely defending the ridiculous, shallow, and hypocritical arguments that other members were suggesting when a person dared to not like their beloved Pixar (I hate it when people treat Pixar like gods. Sure, they haven't made a bad movie yet, but that doesn't mean they cant produce a flop tomorrow) - in particular, the stupid argument that 'If you think Cars is impossible, you must think Toy Story make no sense too', and I was making the argument that actually Toy Story is much more believable due to its more solid setting in the real world. I do seriously think that one of 'Cars' flaws is that we hardly see this world of Cars. What happens in the city? How do they live in apartments? I'm interested to know. I'm interested in this world and I want to see more of it. (I'm hoping this is explained in the sequel, although I still dont think the movie needs a sequel as the story concludes in a way that there is nowhere really left to go plot-wise)

And two of my favourite movies of all time are 'Batman: The Movie' and 'Robin Hood Prince of Thieves'. I could nitpick all day about their plot holes and implausibilities, but yet I love them. Also, make-or-break plot-holes dont normally affect me - such as 'The Worlds Strongest Fridge', 'The Destruction of Vulcan and middle finger to classic Star Trek', and 'The giant Birds of Mordor'. I know millions of people who hate the movie just because of these. Sure, 'Doctor Who' contains many plot-holes that completely destroy it for me, because its a Sci-Fi Series that needs to be consistent and within some grounds of Science and logic (I repeat, some. I'm willing to buy the TARDIS having a heart and being able to withhold a Paradox, a Lord Voldemort rip-off ressurection, and Oxygen Pills - but my suspension of disbelief stops at stone being able to move, love somehow overriding a computer....TWICE, and the past being changed when we've established within the series that changing the past is IMPOSSIBLE).

Last edited by Max Butcher (January 23, 2011 (04:09am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

I was merely defending the ridiculous, shallow, and hypocritical arguments that other members were suggesting when a person dared to not like their beloved Pixar

Good to know where you stand.