Re: Café Corner

Cartoonkid98 wrote:

Happy Paddy's Day.

And now, I shall go watch "The Fugitive"...

http://images3.static-bluray.com/reviews/8627_4.jpg

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

backyardlegos wrote:

Not just any pi day, ultimate pi day: it's 3/14/15, so be sure to eat some pi at 9:26, because it's 3.1415926.

I've never much been interested in Pi day because it's not really pi.

3/14/15 has very little to do with Pi, it's just a series of numbers to form a date that happens to look slightly similar.  Pi is just a really precise number 'twixt 3 and 4, which isn't really a very big number, just very long.

Really pi moments happen all the time, they are just infinitely small, and infinitely brief.  Such as every day it it being pi o' clock, sometime just after three o' clock.  And every single minute there is a point that is pi in seconds, and every second there is pi in milliseconds.

Squid wrote:
backyardlegos wrote:

Not just any pi day, ultimate pi day: it's 3/14/15, so be sure to eat some pi at 9:26, because it's 3.1415926.

I've never much been interested in Pi day because it's not really pi.

I don't understand Pi has always been 14/3. 
That's how we did our Maths in school.

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

Today is a good day to watch Leprechaun in France.

Squid wrote:

Today is a good day to watch Leprechaun in France.

Shameless, but impossible to argue with.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Zachary Volt wrote:

There's no Chick Fil-A anywhere near where I live, but you always want it on a Sunday, though.

Our nearest one is 45 minutes away.  When my kids are good we go on Saturday, and take extra for Sunday!

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

For your viewing pleasure: beast minus everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CckWmV4keIs

Idea by: Penta
Animation by: Nathan
Editing by: Rioforce

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Based on a misunderstanding in chat after a mention of great brickfilms without minifigures. I think we may now finally count Beast among them.

It's a work of art.

Is it strange that I still managed to understand the basic story despite editing out every single (minifig) character?

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Hey everybody, I've got an announcement to make. I feel I kind of owe it to everyone, especially here on the forums. I hope it doesn't come off as too grandiose or attention seeking. Please forgive me if it does.

This New Year has been really busy for me, with school taking up a lot of my time. Things have changed for me over the course of several months. I'm getting increasingly more interested in other artistic pursuits outside of brickfilming. Things like YouTube, live action filmmaking, photography, and even a rekindled interest in drawing have been vying for my attention for some time now. I really want to try these things out and improve in them.

As for brickfilming, I don't have the time, space, or resources to make the type of movies I want. And even if I did, I'd have to be very passionate about what I was working on. With these things missing from the equation, I think it's safe to say I won't be brickfilming again for some time.

These two major factors influenced the decision I've made, and while it might seem kind of sad, I'm actually very excited about it. I want to try new things and expand my horizons.

That's not to say I'm done with brickfilming forever. If Lord willing, things work out, I hope to make another brickfilm again someday. And of course I'll still watch other brickfilms and hang out on the forums from time to time. I love brickfilms and that will never change!

Anyway, that just about covers everything. Everybody has been so nice and supportive of my work, especially in recent months, that I felt an explanation was owed to those wondering what I've been up to.

Whatever happens know that I think you all are awesome and I appreciate every moment I've spent as part of this community.

Thanks for everything!
-Walter

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

That's too bad. mini/sad  It's perfectly understandable, though, sometimes you need to move on.  And, you released a 20-minute Brickfilm not too long ago that is up for consideration in the BiM Awards, so I think you can allow yourself a break if you feel that way.

Still, I hope one day you'll be able to return to Brickfilming.

Incidentally, I'd love to see your live-action work, and your drawings, if you'd be willing to share them (I've been doing some live-action work myself lately, and I too enjoy drawing so I'd be curious to see what you've done).

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (March 25, 2015 (11:25am))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Thanks for the explanation!
Too often people just fade off or leave a short little "See ya!" type note.

Really, your reasons aren't that much different that most, and so I'll just say what I normally say.
It's been fantastic having you here, and your brickfilms have just been amazing. The high quality animation and writing will be missed, but you've left us with quite an amazing body of work to review and remember you by.

I wish you the best with your future, and hope that you put out as much effort and love toward them as you have toward your films. Live-action film making and drawing will open a lot of great opportunities, and both seem to be natural progressions that many brickfilmers eventually grow into.

It's sad to see you go, and we'll all be glad to see you any time you wanna stop back in.

You will be missed, Walter! Can't wait for the return!

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

It's of course disappointing to see a member of the brickfilm community move on, but I commend you for your reasons for moving on. Passion for a project is key, and if you don't have passion for something, it really is a drag to work on it. School and lack of passion was also why I left the hobby for five years. But a rekindling of that passion brought me back, and I only hope it brings you back too, eventually. That's the Way it Goes! is a fantastic high note to go out on, and it will be long remembered in the brickfilm community.

Some advice from someone who went into a hiatus like you: Don't sell your LEGO. Do what you reasonably can to hold onto it, even if it means packing it all away into a box. If you sell it, I'm almost certain you'll regret it later. If you do put it into long-term storage, be sure to disassemble any built models or sets, and even minifigures. This will prevent LEGO from warping or, in case of the minifigures, cracking (minifig torsos are prone to cracking if left connected to legs for very extended periods of time, I've found).

Also, keep your brickfilm channel pure. If you want to produce live-action brickfilms, or video game Let's Plays, upload that stuff to a new channel. I learned this lesson the hard way.

I hope you still will stick around in the community. You're a great member of Bricks in Motion.

Take care!

Thanks for the kind words, everybody! mini/smile

Mr Vertigo wrote:

Incidentally, I'd love to see your live-action work, and your drawings, if you'd be willing to share them (I've been doing some live-action work myself lately, and I too enjoy drawing so I'd be curious to see what you've done).

I'll be sure to keep everyone up to date on my Twitter, so you'll definitely see it there! mini/smile

Nathan Wells wrote:

Some advice from someone who went into a hiatus like you: Don't sell your LEGO. Do what you reasonably can to hold onto it, even if it means packing it all away into a box. If you sell it, I'm almost certain you'll regret it later. If you do put it into long-term storage, be sure to disassemble any built models or sets, and even minifigures. This will prevent LEGO from warping or, in case of the minifigures, cracking (minifig torsos are prone to cracking if left connected to legs for very extended periods of time, I've found).

Also, keep your brickfilm channel pure. If you want to produce live-action brickfilms, or video game Let's Plays, upload that stuff to a new channel. I learned this lesson the hard way.

I still want to continue collecting LEGO (When I have the appropriate funds), so I don't plan on storing it away too tightly!

And the brickfilm channel will definitely remain pure and untouched! No way would I start uploading non-brickfilm stuff on there.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

I wish you much success on your new endeavors, Walter! You're a wonderful brickfilmer, and I hope you don't stay on this hiatus for too long. mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I have always enjoyed your films greatly, so it is sad they have come to an end for the present. But your reasons for stopping are worthy ones and definitely worth pursuing. So good luck with your new passions and I look forward to your return. mini/smile

Sorry for asking but what is this forum for? Anything?

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Tims videos, this thread is sort of a catch-all for random topics that don't deserve their own threads.

Good luck with your future endeavors Walter!

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png