Re: Café Corner

Mr Vertigo wrote:
Squid wrote:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Getting all that old Harry Potter LEGO made me want to play it again).

Did you want to play it for "research" purposes?

By the way, what was the music you used in "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Brick"?  It sounds familiar but I can't place it.

It's from the the same Harry Potter game series.  Instead of just using the music from the films, they had Jeremy Soule compose an original score, which, in my opinion, is really good.  He also composed the music for Skyrim.

It's probably familiar because I had used one of the same pieces of music in my THAC film The Lost Invention.  Since the music files were on my computer it was easy to put them into the film.

Their Rebooting the Muppet Show! I hate Humanity.:mad:

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Tims Videos wrote:

Their Rebooting the Muppet Show! I hate Humanity.:mad:

mini/no how could you.

That's the best news I've heard all day!

Its not as bad as them making a CGI Peanuts Movie. mini/troll

I'm....................................... A brickfilming noob.

As long as they put effort into it and make it relevant to today, by having modern day stars and jokes, I will watch it.

Give these things a chance before you judge them, people.

uh oh!

Zachary Volt wrote:

This.

I have no idea how a Muppets show would turn out, nor do I know how the Peanuts movie will be, but I'm not jumping to conclusions saying they are no good before I have seen them. Only if Mega Blocks made a movie would I jump to that conclusion.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I'm not saying the peanuts movie will be bad, but if its 3D GCI I just won't feel like peanuts.
I'm all for the muppet show though! mini/bigsmile

I'm....................................... A brickfilming noob.

rioforce wrote:
Zachary Volt wrote:

This.

I have no idea how a Muppets show would turn out, nor do I know how the Peanuts movie will be, but I'm not jumping to conclusions saying they are no good before I have seen them. Only if Mega Blocks made a movie would I jump to that conclusion.

I don't think that's jumping to conclusions: it's not saying they're bad or good, it's saying they're wrong. I'm against the idea of making a Peanuts movie in 3D and update a show that was great in the 70s-80s, and whose main original cast is not there anymore (starting from Jim Henson, dead, and, if I'm not mistaken, Frank Oz, doesn't do his characters anymore). Kind of like updating Chaplin's Tramp with someone else or making a Pink Panther movie with a different Clouseau than Sellers: good or bad, it's just not "it". There's no reason for doing that.
If people still want to do those thing, just change the names and say you were inspired by them: would be perfectly fine for me.
Nolan for example, made a movie called "Interstellar" instead of "2001: Remaking an Odyssey": I didn't complain, and even ended up enjoying it a little. Can't say the same about the latest Muppet movies.

Sorry my first comment was Angry its just that there are so many Reboots, Sequels and Spin-offs. There is hardly any Originality.
The Peanuts movie doesn't look too bad, though. mini/smile

Off the current topic, but I was driving behind one of these on my way home today. mini/sunnies

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8

MPfist0 wrote:
rioforce wrote:
Zachary Volt wrote:

This.

I don't think that's jumping to conclusions: it's not saying they're bad or good, it's saying they're wrong. I'm against the idea of making a Peanuts movie in 3D and update a show that was great in the 70s-80s, and whose main original cast is not there anymore (starting from Jim Henson, dead, and, if I'm not mistaken, Frank Oz, doesn't do his characters anymore). Kind of like updating Chaplin's Tramp with someone else or making a Pink Panther movie with a different Clouseau than Sellers: good or bad, it's just not "it". There's no reason for doing that.
If people still want to do those thing, just change the names and say you were inspired by them: would be perfectly fine for me.
Nolan for example, made a movie called "Interstellar" instead of "2001: Remaking an Odyssey": I didn't complain, and even ended up enjoying it a little. Can't say the same about the latest Muppet movies.

It's not really surprising.  At the end of the day, studios want to make money.  They love reboots, sequels etc. since they're more financially sound, because the material been proven to be successful and people are willing to pay to see it.  The audience (or at least a good part of it) loves it because they're going to see characters they know and love doing more of the things they know and love. 

It's considerably different from making an original story based off of the same material, because it's new and untested.  Christoper Nolan can make movies like Interstellar, because, well... he's Christoper freakin' Nolan.  He's one of the most successful and famous directors around today, has a sizable fanbase who will pay to see his work, and will attract a large audience simply by putting his name on the poster of a film.  If a relatively unknown or less famous director were to attempt to pitch a film like Interstellar to a major studio they'd probably be far less likely to succeed.  Which is not entirely unjustified, since a studio is essentially entrusting millions of dollars to the cast and crew to make a movie that will (they hope) be financially viable.

I agree that the lack of variety in today's cinema is disappointing, but it's always been like this, and at the end of the day it's the audience voting with their wallets.  If you want to support a film, go pay to see it, and if you don't want to support a film, don't go watch it.

Besides, 2014 was one of the best years for original films in a long time.  It would have been pretty unlikely for films such as Birdman, Whiplash, or The Grand Budapest to get such mainstream recognition and do so well at the Oscars even a few years ago.

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (April 4, 2015 (01:56pm))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Their Rebooting Bat-man a few years from now.

Tims Videos wrote:

Their Rebooting Bat-man a few years from now.

They're rebooting Batman next year, technically, and Spider-Man's getting an even faster reboot. Ugly. (and this is from someone who loves superhero movies)

Also, I refute the claim that Interstellar is 2001: A Space Odyssey. They're wildly different in terms of content, style and direction.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Reboot superheroes who films were garbage first. Daredevil deserved the reboot. Maybe do Spawn or Green lantern next.

Tims Videos wrote:

They're Rebooting the Muppet Show!

Aw yus!

I for one really liked The Muppets. I was a bit unsure of how this reboot would turn out since I'm a huge Muppets fan, but I gave it a chance and I was really happy about it.  So I'll give this one a chance as well.

Of course, I would probably be more interested in seeing the old show streamed through Netflix, as there are several episodes which I haven't seen still in the later seasons.

I have no idea how many times I watched Muppets Treasure Island on VHS as a kid, but it must have been a big number.

Rivvm m wrote:

Off the current topic, but I was driving behind one of these on my way home today. mini/sunnies

I envy you. I saw one of those things at our local Auto Show, and it looked pretty great.

Umbra-Manis wrote:

Its not as bad as them making a CGI Peanuts Movie. mini/troll

Actually, Schulz' nephews, sons, and notable others have stressed many times already how they will oversee the film's development and keep Blue Sky Studios in line. The only red flag so far is the pop song used in the theatrical trailers, and even that's highly insignificant to the finished product, due to the fact that it's merely a song used for a trailer, and will most likely not even be used in the movie. The filmmakers have reported many times how the film will not involve Snoopy twerking, or anything like that. The film will most likely go for a classic feel, and will have an atmosphere similar to the original Peanuts films, specials, and shorts. And, as long as that's the truth, then I can harbor no hatred for the development of the CGI Peanuts movie.

As for the Muppets Show, I am someone who grew up on Muppets From Space, among other Jim Henson classics. And, taking a glance at the silly modernization of the past two Muppets flicks, I can't help but shift in my seat upon hearing this news. I let loose a loud groan when I heard that The Muppets won an Oscar three years ago. And seeing the trailer for Muppets Most Wanted is upsetting. But, all this is coming from "yet another stuck-up fanboy, of whom is too over-protective of his childhood nostalgia".

I'm glad they're not continuing the Amazing Spider-Man series, because both of those movies were terrible. The very first Sam Raimi venture into the series was great, Spider-Man 2 is--without a doubt--the best of the canon, and Spider-Man 3 was just okay. It seems that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 suffered from a lot of the same problems as 3, but many kept on casting their stones in the direction of the latter, almost without noticing the atrociousness of the most recent entries into the franchise.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 IS THE ONLY SPIDER-MAN MOVIE TO RECEIVE A ROTTEN RATING AT ROTTEN TOMATOES, PEOPLE! IT MAKES SPIDER-MAN 3 LOOK LIKE A MASTERPIECE, AND IS THE LOWEST-RATED MARVEL MOVIE, ON THE TOMATOMETER, OF RECENT MEMORY! HOW'S ABOUT DOING SOME FRIGGIN' RESEARCH NEXT TIME, BEFORE TAKING TO WORSHIPPING SOMETHING CONSTANTLY?!?

*hyperventilates*

Whew, sorry for that rant. I, uh...I...I think I'd better just leave this here.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Gfa2OMh2aZU/T_kgePHJSQI/AAAAAAAAAA4/uMKF9_7Ttl8/s1600/peter-parker-dance.gif

Last edited by Mickey (April 5, 2015 (12:18pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I hope everyone is having an egg-cellent day!

Honestly, short of an actual cartoon, I think the animation style in the new Peanuts film is the best we could have hoped for.