Topic: Yellow Vs Flesh

in the licensed Lego community there has been a swing to Flesh coloured Mini figures(I'm from NZ so yes to me Colour is Spelt Colour) do you fella's(and Fells') like animating with Yellow or Flesh.
I'm all for Flesh.

Re: Yellow Vs Flesh

I don't care, I use a mix of whichever. and whichever face pattern looks best.

It depends on what the purpose is. For my current project, I've chosen flesh-tone figures because it more accurately reflects the real-world historical feel I want to capture. For other more fanciful brickfilms I've used yellow figures. Ultimately, to me, as long as you don't mix and match (without explanation) yellow and flesh, I think either works.

Well I don't really have many flesh-colored minifigs so I animate with yellow ones but if I could switch I would mini/smile

Lego minifigs are not supposed to be close to reality. Therefore I prefer yellow.

click->youtube - twitter - vimeosoup

yellow all the way
got hundreds of yellow and only one flesh

Youtube
As a mortal, I was called by the name Duffcow56. That time has passed. I am now Duffosaur, ravager of worlds. Look on me and despair.

I vote yellow because that was made to stand for all skin tones. mini/wink

Yellow all the way. Palefaces are evil, 100%. (Shameless self-promotion for my upcoming film)

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

kcirbfilms wrote:

Yellow all the way. Palefaces are evil, 100%. (Shameless self-promotion for my upcoming film)

I'm still looking forward to that film. mini/smile

Personally, I prefer yellow minifigs (though I use a combination of flesh and yellow in my brickfilms). They feel more... "Lego-like"

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/youtube.jpghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/sitelogo.jpg

Yellow all the way! (I also only have one flesh colored figure, and that might make me a little biased.)

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

YELLOW! It's classic and keeps some of the Golden Age alive.

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

I'd say yellow, there are more yellow faces out there

Didn't think there would ever be a debate, but whatever. Yellow all the way.

-ht

Mainly yellow, but I have to say..

Yellow AND flesh.

Can't we all just get along? There doesn't have to be an explanation! That's like making a movie where the black guy character has to explain the origin of his race... Just wrong.

I'm gonna be a rebel and use both.

I dunno, I guess I prefer yellows, they're a darker tone, there more classic, and they're the first thing that pops to you mind when you hear "minifig".

I think that there should be a film set in a world where there are both fleshies and yellows, and the fleshies are outcasts to the racist yellows (We were here first, thus we rule over you inferior fleshies).

Well the big question is why da hell the flesh tone minifigs were made at all? We used to have yellow only and nobody seemed to be unhappy about it. Now that there are both all we can do is keep on going with both.

I use both colors............Nothing to interesting about thet!

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left." -Bertrand Russel
Youtube: www.youtube.com/LegoPeoples37 (Subscribe!)

Oops I meant too say that

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left." -Bertrand Russel
Youtube: www.youtube.com/LegoPeoples37 (Subscribe!)

LegoPeoples37, Welcome to BiM! It's okay to double post if no one has posted anything in days, but double posts are unwanted on the site. Next time, if you want to fix a spelling mistake or add something onto your post, click the 'Edit' link at the bottom right hand side of each of your posts. Thanks.

P.S. If you haven't already, I suggest you read the Biginner's Guide to Bricks In Motion! It helps a lot.
- Mason

Last edited by Mason (February 19, 2011 (07:22am))

I frankly don't care which one. Though I kinda find it annoying when I'm creating characters, and the face I want is yellow and another character's face is flesh colored. I like to keep it the same color for each film.