Re: Yellow Vs Flesh

I like yellow (not because it my fav color mini/tongue) because it somehow drifts you into the would of lego mini/lol

LarryStudios wrote:

Well the big question is why da hell the flesh tone minifigs were made at all? We used to have yellow only and nobody seemed to be unhappy about it. Now that there are both all we can do is keep on going with both.

Blame that dang Lando Calrissian. He was originally released in the Cloud City playset with a brown face, contrasting with the regular yellow minifigures of Luke, Leia, and Han also featured in the set. LEGO quickly realized that the implication of such an arrangement was that yellow minifigures were Caucasian, when the yellow figures were originally meant to be a universal and inclusive color that could be identified with by everyone.

I like that licences sets have flesh colored minifigs while normal figs are yellow, I prefer to animate with yellow figs because it captures that bit of nostalgia from my childhood. The flesh minifigs weren't my childhood toy so I prefer to film with yellow.

What camera do you use? I like the quality mini/smile

FrameStudios

That is pretty off topic FrameStudios, next time you should send a PM for a question like that, I go over what camera and lenses I use in this thead

Flesh all the way. Yeah yeah, fuss at me if you want, but I'm no purist, I actually have a dislike for Yellow figs...

"You have a Tic-Tac obsession" 
-Tbr207

like wise

tehepicpineapple wrote:

Flesh all the way. Yeah yeah, fuss at me if you want, but I'm no purist, I actually have a dislike for Yellow figs...

Lol it's ok. As I said if I had any flesh tone figures I'd animate them too.

I really don't care if my minifigs are flesh colored or not, I just worry about the faces.

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

Yellow, having flesh and yellow in one film, i just can't do.

I say they both look good, but not together.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

legocitymovie wrote:

I like yellow (not because it my fav color mini/tongue) because it somehow drifts you into the would of lego mini/lol

YES!

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

i like yellow only because it has more types of faces

Hi

I am for Yellow, why you ask? 2 reasons.

1. Almost all my lego figures are yellow and I dont have to much flesh.

2. Lego started with Yellow, and Yellow has tons more expressions and types of heads while flesh has quite a lot less. You can portray a much wider array of characters with yellow figures, while if using flesh, you can only do a certain amount and repeated use of certain heads is frequent.

Ive seen a few people who combine the two and do a good job, but I personally am all for Yellow minifigs mini/smile

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6055/6222879608_7afe011386_m.jpg

I am all for yellow. I've colored most of my fleshy heads yellow with a sharpie. (You can't tell the difference, I highly recommend the method to any yellow purists out there.)

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

fireguy789 wrote:

Ive seen a few people who combine the two and do a good job, but I personally am all for Yellow minifigs mini/smile

Like Keshen8

i am for flesh since if you want to win a contest i would have mine accurate as possible

Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.
formerly Elijah Ormandy

Delta Animations wrote:

i am for flesh since if you want to win a contest i would have mine accurate as possible

You don't have to have flesh heads to win a contest mini/tongue

Anyway, I like yellow best, but don't really care mini/confused

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.

I use them all together -- yellow, flesh, brown, white, green -- they all co-exist in my LEGO world. mini/mrgreen mini/delirium mini/devil
That being said, I have a ton more yellow faces so those tend to get cast more frequently aside from when I'm deliberately attempting to add diversity. I was very conscious of this in making "On the Street with Steve Deepsea" and whenever I'm coming up with a fictional group of characters like the Rainbow Council or the SVELT high Tribunal I aim to be as diverse as possible.

Yellow without a doubt. There is just so much more you can do with yellow, more heads and facial expressions... although, sometimes I use flesh when it's really necessary, if I have a choose I pick yellow.

Coming soon: "Dark Eidolon"
One-third of ShiftyPotatoes