Re: Yellow Vs Flesh

I think flesh makes a film more serious.

I think both have their uses. I generally prefer yellow, because it's childish, and more classical looking. mini/smile which really helps give my movies that classic LEGO feel I like. mini/smile  And it's usually best to not have the two together, it makes the yellow guys look really odd. But it can be done if you do it the right way. mini/smile

I think it depends! It will be more cinematic and "real" with flesh, but less "classic Lego" if you know what I mean. Interesting topic!

-pacific

Doesn't matter. I use both, and it really depends what decal the face has.

New sig coming soon...

Along with brickfilms...

Well I finally bought some flesh colored heads and hands so I think I'll use the flesh ones more often than the yellow colored figs mini/smile

Yellow for a classic lego feel.
Flesh for a more realistic feel.

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

I use both so that there is a big difference between some of the heads with the same design.

I'd eat you in half if I wasn't playing with Legos right now!

I only use yellow as I only have yellow. I don't have any skin tone ones.

I don't pay attention. I just use whichever face pattern is the right one for the character. Although I have mostly used yellow cuz I don't have many tan heads.

Flesh just doesn't look as good for me.

bricksinmotion member of the year

Yellow is good for me. Flesh just doesn't appeal.

http://www.usa.canon.com/assets/app/images/callouts/cameras/callout_hdvideo_091511.jpg    http://www.usa.canon.com/assets/app/images/callouts/cameras/cdlc_148_rt.jpg

They both have their place. The two colors together in a film don't work very well together though, it almost sets them apart from each other as different. But I'm for yellow.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/SpeedyGonZohan/GIMPStuff/SignaturesBiM/match.png

Also, for some reason I think black minifigs are good, but flesh is just not the thing, though. I mean, yellow look almost like flesh so that is not a problem. But black and yellow do not look same, so I would like some black and some yellow, not flesh.

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.

Jargon wrote:

Blame that dang Lando Calrissian. He was originally released in the Cloud City playset with a brown face, contrasting with the regular yellow minifigures of Luke, Leia, and Han also featured in the set. LEGO quickly realized that the implication of such an arrangement was that yellow minifigures were Caucasian, when the yellow figures were originally meant to be a universal and inclusive color that could be identified with by everyone.

mini/lol  Agreed, I like the yellow ones better to be honest, they are more universal, and classic, however I'm not against the flesh colored ones... mini/sunnies

Lego men are racist. mini/tongue

Unless a film is super serious and has extremely good animation, I say yellow because it is really more in the spirit of legos and brickfilming.

Dunno. I like Yellow more but I normally use both.
I just don't mix a Yellow hand and a Flesh head or something like that mini/wink
That's my opinion, it doesn't have to ve yours, though. mini/smile

Yellow Rules! Woo

I mix and Match.I like both.

Elfskater---ELfbRICk

But I don't have a yellow head and skin hands. mini/smile mod edit - don't use ten emoticons when one will do

Elfskater---ELfbRICk