Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

topitmunkeydog wrote:

Just Kidden, have you seen this trailer yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ta9i3YQAzM
This thing looks so amazingly awesome, I totally am going to see it in theaters. I'll probably cosplay as somepony too!

If there is a theater near enough to me, I'm totally going to watch this if I can make it so.
It doesn't look perfect, but there will be at least some pony parts of it, which is pretty good.  I'll reserve judgment until I see it.

I wonder what the children to brony ratio will be the the theaters.

ALSO, does anyone know where I can look up which theaters are showing this film?

The trailer makes this film out to be everything I've expected and nothing I've hoped for.

Also...

i just spent my whole weekend at eqla and now i have loads of pictures and videos which i'm compiling into a weird mockumentary about bronies

...that's not a mockumentary, you fiend.

Well, I am just done with people in general. I don't care what any of you guys think. Equestria Girls looks awesome.
(this isn't oriented towards the good folk of Bricks In Motion specifically, because I've encountered negative sentiments wherever I go)
EDIT: and if anyone mentions family guy again I'm gonna

ANP, I found this. No idea if it's accurate, but it's looking like they aren't showing it in my city (which is odd, as I live in like hipster central)
I'm hoping that it will be successful enough to be given a larger release.

Last edited by topit (May 13, 2013 (03:25pm))

Wow, the movie looks like a piece of crap.

Now I have to decide if I'll be watching it on DVD or in a theater.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

topitmunkeydog wrote:

ANP, I found this. No idea if it's accurate, but it's looking like they aren't showing it in my city (which is odd, as I live in like hipster central)
I'm hoping that it will be successful enough to be given a larger release.

There seems to be a showing in a city that is not unreasonably far from the home to which I shall move in a few days. mini/smile
Now I just have to convince my mum to take me...

Squash wrote:

i just spent my whole weekend at eqla and now i have loads of pictures and videos which i'm compiling into a weird mockumentary about bronies

...that's not a mockumentary, you fiend.

couldn't figure out the right word to use

it's not even a documentary it's just showcasing all the dumb things that happened

anyway i'm really excited for equestria girls and you guys are dumbos

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Meh, personally I'm not as dazzled by the trailer as some of you guys are. I do think that it has the potential to be great, but at the same time it looks like it could easily be messed up.

I'll still see it, that's for sure.

Issue 5 of IDW's MLP micro series will be available at the Transformers Botcon in San Diego with this exclusive varient cover:

http://i.imgur.com/ydnCZ5m.jpg

Oh, ma gawwsh.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

The only thing that could redeem Equestria Girls for me is either if there is far more actual Pony than the trailer implies, or if 90% of it is just a continued shot of Lyra screaming into the camera.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Sean wrote:

90% of it is just a continued shot of Lyra screaming into the camera.

no

jk bro awesome avatar!!

Chicken :>

EDIT; oh and it changed already but pepper is cool too mini/cat

Last edited by topit (May 18, 2013 (05:33am))

scootaloo for best human thing

OUT WITH BRONIES, IN WITH EQUESTRIA GIRLS

BRONIES ARE SO 2011. THE NEW TERM FOR A FAN OF MY LITTLE PONY IS AN EQUESTRIA GIRL. DOESN'T MATTER WHAT GENDER, YOU ARE AN EQUESTRIA GIRL

Last edited by Just Kidden (May 17, 2013 (09:41pm))

So, the place to which I'll be moving soon will have a theater showing EG within 30 minutes of my house.
Also, my fellow brony Outernet friend is thinking of taking a road trip over to watch it with me.

THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT!
THE KIND OF DAY OF WHICH I'VE DREAMED SINCE I WAS SMALL!

Just Kidden wrote:
Sean wrote:

90% of it is just a continued shot of Lyra screaming into the camera.

no

As my friend pointed out, it would probably actually be more amusing is the entire film were ironically Lyra free.

I'm still feeling both extremely optimistic and pessimistic about this at the same time.
I'm trying to keep the feelings balanced so I won't feel too bad if it's meh, nor lose my hope to give it a chance.
Nervecited sums up how I feel quite well.

Considering many FiM staffers flat out refused to have anything to do with Equestria Girls, I'm not hopeful.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I AM AN EQUESTRIA GIRL
http://24.media.tumblr.com/7e1d678f92cdfeabe7d4bf50ac79109d/tumblr_mmv7lypv1c1s6us8do1_250.jpg

Just Kidden wrote:

SQUID, ARE YOU AN EQUESTRIA GIRL

MAYBE I AM

Sean wrote:

Considering many FiM staffers flat out refused to have anything to do with Equestria Girls, I'm not hopeful.

Forgive me for doubting you, but I still haven't heard anypony else besides you say that.

I believe in M. A. Larson Meghan McCarthy.

Also, Ingram himself said that the music would be "off the hook"  That itself makes it worthy of a try.

(I'm starting to get used to the human forms and they actually look pretty good)

Eh, I'll save my thoughts for Equestria Girls until after I see it (if i ever do). So far the character designs don't impress me, but then again it is for little girls. At least Twi doesn't have wings as a human (at least in the trailer).

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Just Kidden wrote:

OUT WITH BRONIES, IN WITH EQUESTRIA GIRLS

BRONIES ARE SO 2011. THE NEW TERM FOR A FAN OF MY LITTLE PONY IS AN EQUESTRIA GIRL. DOESN'T MATTER WHAT GENDER, YOU ARE AN EQUESTRIA GIRL

I AM A HORSE WOMAN.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Looking at the trailer, the animation looks pretty much the same quality as the show. That's a relief.

I'm glad the human versions don't have wings or horns or cutie mark face tattoos, unlike some of the art we saw earlier. Even though the skin colors are still the same as their pony selves, I guess it isn't that bad.

You know, I'm probably going to watch it at some point when it's available to watch online. After all, the worst thing that could happen is that it could be like a meh episode of the show. The only thing that has a possibility of being lower quality than usual at this point is the story. (Who wrote it, anyway? I sure would like to know.)

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

To me, it looks like it embraces a lot of gender stereotypes that the show has been good about rejecting. Twilight's already a friggin' REAL princess, who cares about this high school popularity contest crap.

That said, it's reassuring to know they're not making a spinoff TV show of this. It doesn't seem that unreasonable to me that they're doing a movie that has a "twist" to it, since they've got a little more time to explore something different with the feature film format.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png