Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

Art' thou a pony fan? Discuss thine show here!

So, ya, If you like My Little Pony: Friendship is magic, you can discuss the show right below in this thread.

CONVERSE

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

This thread already exists in the community thread. Sorry that you can't see it.

mini/bigsmile Yayzerz.

-LASF

Yeah, we already have this in the Community forum. It wasn't moved into General Film Discussion because of "it's status as a meme". Maybe a moderator can move that thread into GFD.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

okey dokey

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

I mean, we were gonna see how this thread goes.  The expectation was that a thread about MLP would end up being mostly kids posting pics of ponies with text captions if it were open to the general public.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

This is a rather large bump, but I just wanted to say that the almighty Jargon has approved use of this topic: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 1/#p283621
Stay pony, my friends.

I may regret saying this, and I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I'm not sure I understand the appeal of MLP to teenagers.  Surely there are other TV shows or films out there? 

And, on a side note, do so many BiM members seem to be MLP fans?

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

FlyingMinifig wrote:

I may regret saying this, and I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I'm not sure I understand the appeal of MLP to teenagers.  Surely there are other TV shows or films out there?

For something like My Little pony, it's not something one simply explains. It's hard to do. You just have to see it for yourself.

In June last year, I was quite perplexed at this, but I didn't want to judge or hate without even understanding it, so I did the reasonable thing and gave the show a shot. I watched an episode, and I liked it, so I watched more. And I loved it more and more as I watched.

I think that there's not just one thing which makes it appealing, but a lot of things, like the stories, the variety of characters, the animation, the colours, the AMAZING fantastic fanbase, and there's something strangely appealing about the irony of it.

I still wouldn't call it the greatest show ever, I'll give that honor to Doctor Who, but liking some show doesn't mean you can't like another.
There can never be enough good entertainment.

Sure enough, I was a hater. Eventually, back in May, I realized that if so many people on BiM like it, it must be a good show. So I watched an episode. I watched more. I watched the first 10 Episodes of Season 1. It was the greatest day of my life. Currently, I have 10 MLP t-shirts, and I have gotten halfway through Season 2. Hyped for Season 3!
BRONY PRIDE WORLDWIDE.

EDIT: Haven't been a brony since November 2012.

Last edited by Troodon (April 6, 2013 (07:15pm))

FlyingMinifig wrote:

....And, on a side note, do so many BiM members seem to be MLP fans?

I think we may seem to have quite a bit of bronies due to us being animators and possibly being drawn to that aspect of it as well. All as ANP said. mini/wink

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

yeah right. animators. hehehe

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&s … s#/d4h3ddp

mini/smile

Guys, this thread is going to get out of hand. Once there becomes a second page, nobody is going to read the first post which says to not hate, so the hate is going to keep happening. Even in the Community forum, there has been the occasional hate post. Plus, it's going to get annoying with "LOL BRONY 4 LIFE PONIEZ BE AWESOME" which I'm sure a whole bunch of nieve bronies will do that. So long story short, leave the ponies for the Community Forum.

This post probably won't change anyone's mind, or get this thread closed, but whatever.

Chris W. wrote:

Guys, this thread is going to get out of hand. Once there becomes a second page, nobody is going to read the first post which says to not hate, so the hate is going to keep happening. Even in the Community forum, there has been the occasional hate post. Plus, it's going to get annoying with "LOL BRONY 4 LIFE PONIEZ BE AWESOME" which I'm sure a whole bunch of nieve bronies will do that. So long story short, leave the ponies for the Community Forum.

This post probably won't change anyone's mind, or get this thread closed, but whatever.

Possibly, maybe not.

I think, however, that the likelihood of trolling would be reduced if it were called an "Appreciation Thread" instead of "Discussion Thread" as the Community Forum version is.

Pretty President Pony Regan shall rescue this thread with Corgi before it gets out of hand.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvz7x3WB8S1qma10wo1_500.jpg

Celestia Bless Amareica

meme
http://i.imgur.com/gMfjgiC.jpg

Chris W. wrote:

That'd be disappointing, but we can close this if things go south.

Nooooo, don't close it. :L   Pwease?

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

I'm not threatening to close it at the moment, just reminding everyone to behave.

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:
FlyingMinifig wrote:

For something like My Little pony, it's not something one simply explains. It's hard to do. You just have to see it for yourself.

In June last year, I was quite perplexed at this, but I didn't want to judge or hate without even understanding it, so I did the reasonable thing and gave the show a shot. I watched an episode, and I liked it, so I watched more. And I loved it more and more as I watched.

I think that there's not just one thing which makes it appealing, but a lot of things, like the stories, the variety of characters, the animation, the colours, the AMAZING fantastic fanbase, and there's something strangely appealing about the irony of it.

I still wouldn't call it the greatest show ever, I'll give that honor to Doctor Who, but liking some show doesn't mean you can't like another.
There can never be enough good entertainment.

You're right, I should probably watch it. mini/tongue

I'm not trying to be judgemental or a hater, and I understand that different people have different tastes.  I certainly don't think that MLP fans don't like other shows.  On the other hand, I don't really understand how a show that involves character called "Pinkie Pie" and things called "Cutie Marks" could really appeal to teenagers. mini/confused  Which is why I might watch part of it, to understand its appeal.

I do agree with you about entertainment, though.  So much of the so-called "entertainment" these days is rubbish. mini/no

Now, I suppose that we should get back on topic.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

FlyingMinifig wrote:

I may regret saying this, and I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I'm not sure I understand the appeal of MLP to teenagers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7e0777z7AY

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.