http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8208/8231926367_42e9643bd9.jpg
           Youtube | Twitter | Deviantart | Twitch.tv | Soundcloud

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

So

Equestria Girls is gonna be a direct-to-dvd and in some theaters movie

i am totes seeing this you guys

if i can find a theater i am seeing this the day it comes out

if you pre judge it you're a friggin hypocrite

also it surprises me how fast some brownies are to pre judge other little girls' shows - littlest pet shop for example, made by pretty much the same staff as mlp:fim, yet so many brownie asshats are prejudicing it as a lame-for-girls-only-big-friggin-buttload-of-sugar-butts.. the same is happening with equestria girls. this is the same friggin franchise and the same friggin dhx making it so you might as well give it a friggin try instead of being total asshats

ok sorry just had to get that off my chest

Last edited by Just Kidden (May 6, 2013 (09:27am))

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Just Kidden wrote:

also it surprises me how fast some brownies are to pre judge other little girls' shows - littlest pet shop for example, made by pretty much the same staff as mlp:fim, yet so many brownie asshats are prejudicing it as a lame-for-girls-only-big-friggin-buttload-of-sugar-butts..

Doesn't this kind of show that the only reason FiM became so popular with teenager/adult men is because it's a fad, not because of the quality of the show?

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

To be fair, LPS isn't as good as MLP, though, that doesn't mean it's a bad show.  I've seen every episode, and there are some quite enjoyable moments.  Though, I wouldn't say it's for everyone.
I'd understand it if it's not someone's thing, but there's no need to bash it.
Pepper is the primary reason why I watch the show.

Just Kidden wrote:

So

Equestria Girls is gonna be a direct-to-dvd and in some theaters movie

i am totes seeing this you guys

if i can find a theater i am seeing this the day it comes out

That's my plan.

I always thought I would watch it anyway: for me it's kinda like Star Wars, doesn't matter how bad it'll look, I'll always give it a look just because it's Star Wars. And I usually want to watch something before judging it.

jstudios wrote:
Just Kidden wrote:

also it surprises me how fast some brownies are to pre judge other little girls' shows - littlest pet shop for example, made by pretty much the same staff as mlp:fim, yet so many brownie asshats are prejudicing it as a lame-for-girls-only-big-friggin-buttload-of-sugar-butts..

Doesn't this kind of show that the only reason FiM became so popular with teenager/adult men is because it's a fad, not because of the quality of the show?

not exactly- the show is a pretty good cartoon but i think a lot of folks are dumbballs and like the show for the wrong reasons- instead of liking the show because it's a good cartoon they like it cause they wanna be in on the bandwagon or whatever

like for me i love the show a lot! it mainly comes from my sheer love for the people who work on it, and i want to support them! they've worked on so much stuff that i've enjoyed in the past that i support this show so they can have more opportunities to make more fabulous cartoons!

the brownie community just pisses me off with it's hipocracy and refusal to support good cartoon makers. i dunno whatever

like i support Everfree Network, cause it's main focus, at least in my opinion, is getting the people who work on the show out there and well known in the brownie "community". that's the types of brownies who i'm totally for.

there's also this weird self-worship thing in the brony community even though they haven't done anything remarkable besides being a large group of people, and sometimes like 1 person will do something nice for someone else but that's really about it

oh whoops this turned into a venting post
excuse my tangent i'm not really sure where i was going with that
i dont think i actually answered the original question

just kidden i'll go with you to see equestria girls

I just had to tell off this annoying guy who was all like I hate MLP even though he hadn't seen it. But you made me realize that bronies are like that too. What? What is happening?

The only reason I haven't watch any of Littlest Pet Shop is because I don't have time. maybe I will start watching it after I finish Homestuck.

Actually I really liked LPS (the toy) when I was real young (like 5 or six). I didn't like My Little Pony though, for somewhat obvious reasons (that was G3 probably. THey creeped me out.)

AND NOBODY SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MY FRIGGIN' FAMILY GUY POST!! I am just done with that. I'm not a hypocrite for avoiding the show in order to not be offended.

so i'm going to eqla this weekend

i'll put my hatred for the bad bronies aside to have a good time with the alright bronies!

i'll take a bunch of pictures and post them here

i went last year but lost all my pictures so hopefully 3 days worth of pictures will make up for it

I tried to talk reason with this guy who was all like I hate Family Guy even though he hadn't seen it.
Har lol resist I could not

Last edited by Carousel (May 9, 2013 (01:32am))

^^ not a great way to make friends...

gerd I'm only joking, no hard feelings.

Yo topit I don't think you two were friends to begin with just saying

So yeah eqla's tomorrow and I think I'll make a weirdo documentary of my experience

Probably

Maybe

I'm starting to feel really bad now, SORRY TOPITMUNKEYDOG mini/sad

Lol I was joking too mini/tongue don't feel bad!! mini/sad
"Why does life have to be so IRONIC??!!"

first day of eqla is over

gosh dang it i'm so tired

How was it?!! Did you see MandoPony?(I actually don't know who else is there...)

i just spent my whole weekend at eqla and now i have loads of pictures and videos which i'm compiling into a weird mockumentary about bronies

i saw mandopony but i didn't talk to him, last year i met him and talked to him for like 8 minutes

some cool people i met: cartoonpony(.tumblr.com), sofasandquills(.tumblr.com), Willsun(.tumblr.com), Solrac (the screaming pony dude), Steve Holt! (steveholtvstheuniverse.tumblr.com), MittiMandi, DustyKatt, Final Draft, Joe Stevens of the Equestria Inquirer, and loads of cool people

I also got loads and loads of cool stuff (mainly from cartoonpony, sofasandquills and wilsun's table, apparently i was their best customer or something ((i spent like exactly 110 dollars at their table on stickers, prints, sketches and Mine's Got Rocks In It))

Last edited by Just Kidden (May 12, 2013 (08:11pm))

Whoa, that's awesome! I don't know most of those people because I am new to tumblr (just joined today, in fact) but that's still pretty cool. I heard Andrea Libman was there too!

Just Kidden, have you seen this trailer yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ta9i3YQAzM
This thing looks so amazingly awesome, I totally am going to see it in theaters. I'll probably cosplay as somepony too!

i am so friggin seeing it in theaters

just gotta find somebody cool enough to go see it with me

How about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee mini/cat