Re: Mega Bloks Halo Toymation Video Contest [CLOSED]

Great contest, I'll see if i can get my hands on some of those Mega Blocks sets.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

I would enter but Mega block is not my favorite brand

15:24    Timothy_R    you hear that
15:24    Timothy_R    that's the sound of me not giving a turd

Youtube

Can a mod please edit out my post where it's been quoted?
I really don't want people to see it, I really regret posting it.

EDIT: Thank you!

Last edited by minifig051 (August 11, 2011 (10:06am))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Nice contest! Sorry I won't be able to enter though because I don't really have any Mega Bloks.

http://www.usa.canon.com/assets/app/images/callouts/cameras/callout_hdvideo_091511.jpg    http://www.usa.canon.com/assets/app/images/callouts/cameras/cdlc_148_rt.jpg

Thanks everyone for your kind responses. I'm really happy I decided to join this community!

To those of you who said you would enter, I look forward to seeing your submissions! There's no specific theme, just a short film featuring Mega Bloks Halo. For those of you who want to enter but don't have any Halo bloks, well, the individual figs are pretty cheap. I'm sure creative guys (and gals?) like you could tell a great story with just one fig!

For those of you complaining about quality issues etc., I totally understand; we have our own hurdles to overcome our reputation versus LEGO. I hope that at least I can do a little to ease that perception.

EDIT: I guess if I'm posting here I should introduce myself! I'm a 22 year old guy named Brad living in Montreal, Québec, Canada after Mega pulled me off of a toy fansite. I spend most of my spare time building toys or playing video games ... and shopping online mini/sunnies

Last edited by Mega Bloks (August 10, 2011 (01:51pm))

Brad @ Mega Bloks

Feel free to message me with any questions or comments!

You can edit it erasing everything.
This post was meant at Minifig051

Last edited by MPfist0 (August 10, 2011 (01:54pm))

He edited it already but people quoted it, which he can't edit.

Brad @ Mega Bloks

MPfist0 wrote:

You can edit it erasing everything.

I edited MY posts, yes. But what I would like edited is when other people quoted my post.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

EDIT: Oh crap wrong thread. mini/eek

Last edited by Eddie (August 10, 2011 (02:33pm))

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

Wrong thread?

I think Eddie is thinking of Halo Mega Bloks as a mod element such as BRAWL or THAC colors.
But it just has to feature it, I believe.

Oh well, this is not like those contests ... as long as the film features some Mega Bloks Halo and adheres to the rest of the rules it's fine.

Brad @ Mega Bloks

This sounds cool, a few weeks ago, me, TheCoolDude1023, and our friend built this:

http://www.ordertoys.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/mega_bloks_halo_UNSC_pelican_dropship_2.jpg

Though, it was for his birthday so he took it home. I only have a few Halo Mega Bloks bricks but nothing more, he made a brickfilm with it you can see on his channel here. Good luck to anybody planning on entering.

-LASF

Thanks for your comment! I hope you enjoyed building the Pelican.

Brad @ Mega Bloks

I may just have to go down to Target and grab a Halo set or two.

EDIT: Can film sets be built with LEGO?

Last edited by Caidan (August 10, 2011 (03:14pm))

Used to be 'Caidence'

Anyone here who submits a vid, please let me know what it's called via PM here! mini/smile

Brad @ Mega Bloks

On first thought, I definitely did not want to enter this at all.  Not only do I have no mega bloks but I dislike the building toy itself.

However, the prizes are so mouth-watering, I have to enter.

MadBrick wrote:

On first thought, I definitely did not want to enter this at all.  Not only do I have no mega bloks but I dislike the building toy itself.

However, the prizes are so mouth-watering, I have to enter.

Same here. I'll probably borrow some of my friends Halo Mega Bloks to enter. mini/tongue

I, like most here don't really have any mega blocks. I don't play the Halo game either. So, although the prizes are fantastic (I could really use that t3i) I doubt I'll enter. If I was going to enter it would be just for the prizes. I have no idea for stories of anything either.

But this does look like a good competition.

You know what? Whilst I have (and continue to have) the opinion that Lego is an overall superior product as far as the genre of building toys goes, I completely respect the reasonable and level attitude Brad is displaying here. I also agree that the viewing of Mega Bloks is very much dependant on the individuals perception, though I can't say I'm sold on the idea of them being my tool of choice mini/wink

This does look like a very well structured contest though with some VERY respectable prizes. If I manage to get some time aside from Uni work, you can expect a kickass entry from me!

Thanks for sharing with us Brad, and I also apologise about the rough welcome from some of the members here and thank you for remaining reasonable and level headed - I know sometimes I don't mini/wink

- edit -

Nevermind about me entering, just saw this in the footer... mini/sad

Must be 13 years of age or older, reside in Canada, USA (excluding Puerto Rico) or the UK

I guess Aussies get left out again. Good luck to those that can enter.

I am curious though, Brad, as to why the allowed countries are so limited?

Last edited by Sean (August 11, 2011 (06:36am))

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be