Topic: Mega Bloks Halo Toymation Video Contest [CLOSED]

Maybe walking into the lion's cage here a bit, but the home page does say that other building blocks are also used ... mini/smile But after seeing the topic about the Montreal Stop-Motion Film Festival and having worked with the founder Erik, I think there may be some interest here.

I'm really excited to be here with a community of stop-motion film makers! Mega Bloks is launching a dynamic community-driven competition in which fans can create and submit their Mega Bloks Halo toymations (stop motion animation featuring toys) for a chance to win incredible prizes -- including having their film featured on Microsoft's official Halo web channel, Waypoint!

The competition is divided into three phases:

August 5th to September 25th: The Halo Toymation Contest website (halotoymation.megabloks.com) will be accepting video submissions from filmmakers, and users will be able to view accepted videos.

September 26th to October 16th: Viewers will be able to comment on, share, and vote for their favourite videos! The Mega Bloks team and an expert panel of judges will be updating the site with featured content and their favourite videos!

October 17th to October 24th: The top 10 videos will be published on the 17th, and our panel of judges will select the grand prize winner and two runner-ups, to be announced on the 24th.

EVERY APPROVED VIDEO wins a free Mega Bloks Halo set. The grand prizes include video production hardware and software, a MacBook Pro, custom trophies and artwork, the Mega Bloks Halo Fall 2011 collection, and more!

Keep your eyes on http://halotoymation.megabloks.com for news and featured videos from our panel of experts, including the founder of the Montreal stop-motion film festival, Erik Goulet!

Brad @ Mega Bloks

Feel free to message me with any questions or comments!

Re: Mega Bloks Halo Toymation Video Contest [CLOSED]

This belongs in competions and festivals I believe...

LINK!<--CLICKY!
MY AWESOME NEW MUSIC VIDEO!]
I like turles I mean Legos mini/shifty
Flickr | Youtube

Well, it's not like I wasn't prepared for those kinds of replies mini/lol

We're not oblivious to the perception of Mega Bloks as a poor quality LEGO rip-off, but that idea is -- in my opinion, at least -- rooted more in perception than actual fact. We're the only construction company making high-detail, fully articulated micro action figures. We're the only construction company willing to take on mature video game licenses like Halo, Need for Speed, Starcraft and World of Warcraft. If there's a problem with your Mega Bloks set, you can contact me personally and I will do everything to make it right. And I mean, we have our problems for sure -- missing pieces has been on the radar for a while now and we're aggressively working to fix that -- but we take every single comment made about our products very seriously and all suggestions and comments are passed along directly to the management team. I don't think LEGO has ever taken the initiative to post on this board, but, we're here anyway.

EpicDavi wrote:

This belongs in competions and festivals I believe...

Regular members can't post there. If the admin team here feels this topic belongs there I assume they'll move it.

Last edited by Mega Bloks (August 10, 2011 (11:55am))

Brad @ Mega Bloks

Lucas wrote:

Or the "Unneccessary try to get a LEGO brickfilming site to make a video using Mega Bloks" section which is 30 miles THAT WAY ------------>

The homepage of this site specifically calls out to non-LEGO construction bricks mini/wink

We are an online filmmaking community devoted to the art of stop-motion animation. Most of our films, sometimes called brickfilms or LEGO movies, are created using LEGO® and other plastic brick building toys. In addition to an active community forum for filmmakers, this site is home to an ever-growing directory of films submitted by our users.

Regardless, it's a community of stop-motion enthusiasts who are used to working with construction toys, so it's at least relevant. If you don't want to enter, nobody is forcing you mini/smile

Last edited by Mega Bloks (August 10, 2011 (11:58am))

Brad @ Mega Bloks

I think this guy is legit.

LINK!<--CLICKY!
Flickr | Youtube

I would enter but I dont have Halo mega-blocks and I'm broke... mini/sad

LINK!<--CLICKY!
Flickr | Youtube

^ If you live near Montreal, come by and I will give you some mini/lol

EpicDavi wrote:

I think this guy is legit.

http://i.imgur.com/b37M1.png

Brad @ Mega Bloks

LOLS... Nice... mini/smile

EDIT: I live in the USA

Last edited by EpicDavi (August 10, 2011 (12:02pm))

LINK!<--CLICKY!
Flickr | Youtube

Thanks for the heads up about the contest, Mega Bloks! I apologize on behalf of our younger members here: they're uneducated and rude. mini/bigsmile

KG wrote:

Thanks for the heads up about the contest, Mega Bloks! I apologize on behalf of our younger members here: they're uneducated and rude. mini/bigsmile

No worries. This is one of the kinder welcomes I've received mini/lol Plus, Mega found me on a toy fansite, so I totally understand the atmosphere.

Brad @ Mega Bloks

Heheh, he is legit. Never mind, sorry...

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

That explains your avatar, KG.

I had megabloks once. They weren't all bad, but LEGO is a good deal better.

Last edited by Onion (August 10, 2011 (12:09pm))

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I know that the front page says we accept other building blocks, but this place is oriented mainly at Lego. Chances are, there will be few entries to the contest because many of us don't own the product.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Sounds like a fun contest. I may consider entering. The prizes are quite nice! mini/wink

Thanks for the heads up!

(And yeah, come on guys. Stop being total jerks.)

Onion wrote:

That explains your avatar.

And all of his immature films with fart jokes.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RealBrick/Sigs/base.pnghttp://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RealBrick/Sigs/youtube2.pnghttp://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RealBrick/Sigs/youtube.png
Sig made by RealBrick mini/bigsmile.

Mega Bloks wrote:

Maybe walking into the lion's cage here a bit,

EDIT: I shouldn't have said anything.

Last edited by minifig051 (August 10, 2011 (01:06pm))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

minifig051 wrote:
Mega Bloks wrote:

Edited at minifig051's request. Post in haste, repent at leisure.

No shuddap he has good prizes.

Last edited by 0ldScratch (August 11, 2011 (05:36am))

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

That's HARSH dude.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

minifig051 wrote:
Mega Bloks wrote:

Woah woah woah, no need to be all rude like that. mini/confused

Last edited by 0ldScratch (August 11, 2011 (05:36am))

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

minifig051 wrote:
Mega Bloks wrote:

That was rude, there are chances of people entering.

Last edited by 0ldScratch (August 11, 2011 (05:37am))

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png