Re: I Am The Night

That sounds exciting! mini/bigsmile

I love the way you made the Bat-Mobile. Can't wait!

Sock! POW! ZOK! BIF! Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da, BATMAN!!!

THAT IS PROBABLY THE BEST CUSTOM LEGO BAT-MOBILE EVER>    mini/bigsmile

AnnoyingNoisesProductions, I love you. Please marry me. mini/smile Seriously, though, this is the kind of thing I'd like to see more of!

"Heal the world.  Make it a better place...." -Michael Jackson
"I like to stroke them." -Hazzat
http://bit.ly/jzKLdD ←YouTube!
-Jedi Master, DarthVincentPrice, who's retired...again... from the animation. Voicing's still a go!

How do you get the head to glow in the pictures so well? Scarecrow's glow-in-the-dark head won't light up in the pictures I take (On the WCP9k). mini/confused

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

How do you get the head to glow in the pictures so well? Scarecrow's glow-in-the-dark head won't light up in the pictures I take (On the WCP9k). mini/confused

Before I take the pictures I shine some really bright flash lights on it And I mean RIGHT before I take every frame. For maximum glow power.
It should look even brighter in the darkness of gotham night. mini/smile
I'm actually pretty amazed about how well it turned out for these sunlit pictures.

Also, for some Batman Pictures, (Not on for the Bat-Mobile though) I use extremely dark lighting, charge the head right before the photo, and set it to a 15 second exposure.

Okay.  Thanks.

Looks fantastic. I'm really looking forward to this.
The bat-mobile looks great. I love the fan at the front and the flames. Have you finished the 'running gag' yet? I'd love to see some pictures if so. mini/wink

I actually started the Running Gag long before the Bat-Mobile very much earlier this year. It took over a month on and off to complete it, along with a large proportion of purple bricks I've collected over time, plus some other bright colors such as lime-green, orange, and a tiny bit of yellow. It was extremely difficult, as I hate building cars so. much. But in the end, it turned out magnificently, even better than this Bat-Mobile in my opinion.

I like it so much that I'm not going to post pictures of the Running Gag until after the film is released.

It's really sad since I want to so much. D:
You have no idea how hard it's been resisting. mini/blankexpression
But, I think it will pay off, both for you guys and I. It's going to be so much more fabulous when you see it for the first time in the actual movie. The introduction shall be amazing. The coolness and hilarity will be truly awesome.

So, yeah, sorry 'bout that guys. xD
It'll be worth the wait. mini/smile

I forgot to ask in my other post: Why do you use autofocus? You don't need to have autofocus on. As long as you're not adjusting the focus in the middle of a shot, you'll be fine. Just adjust the focus before you take any pictures. I don't get why you think you need to animate with autofocus on.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

You see, my focus only works for one frame, after that, I need to set my set focus again for the next frame, and then readjust  it again for every frame in the entire movie because it automatically switches to auto after you take a picture with manual focus.
mini/blankexpression
To set auto focus, I have to hold a button on the side of the camera while holding down another on the back. It is nearly impossible to do this without bumping the camera. So, I resort to auto focus. Because the focus messing up sometimes is a little bit better than loads of camera bumps.

But no worries. mini/smile
I'm getting a new camera. So, that shouldn't be a problem in this movie.

Oh. I get it now. I just never heard of a camera that puts the focus back to auto after you take a picture. My camera that I used to animate with kept the focus after I took the picture (I never animated with it on manual focus, though).

It's good that you're getting a better camera.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Which camera are you getting?

Don't know yet.
My younger brother has offered to buy a new one for animation. Once he's done getting all the money he's been saving for it, we plan on going out to a camera store and find something which matches up to the requirements I need.
Have any recommendations?

Have enough money then get a refurbished/used 550D. Or else the Canon Powershot A640 is great, I've used it and it has full manual controls and even more. Otherwise if you are into webcams, get the C910 or 9000.

-Tejas VIM

Are you looking for a digital camera or webcam? I would take a look at the different Canon Powershot models. Smeagol uses one of those. They have a very close auto focus and I believe you can control the manual stuff when you have the camera connected to the computer so you don't have to touch the camera itself. Not sure though. Smeagol made ''Unrenewable'' with it.

http://www.usa.canon.com/assets/app/images/callouts/cameras/callout_hdvideo_091511.jpg    http://www.usa.canon.com/assets/app/images/callouts/cameras/cdlc_148_rt.jpg

As I've explained with great detail in my previous posts, a webcam is not an option for me.
But here are the primary things I want:

Better picture quality than my current camera (Most important, I want amazing quality, even thought mine is still pretty good)
Manual settings for stopping flicker as usual.
Manual focus (I guess I could live without this though, as I have already, but I still really want it)
A power plug in so I could hook it up to the wall (I'm so tired of running out of battery) D:
A place to screw in a tripod.
Something that can be attached to take pictures remotely (such as a button on a wire)

And that's all I can think of right now.

I still root for the A620/A640 as they both have manual settings for everything needed.

-Tejas VIM

Thanks for the recommendations, Vim. mini/smile
Those seem pretty good, but my problem is the dimensions of the camera itself are kind of not good.
They lack a lot of surface area on the bottom, but I need that for friction so that the camera won't slide when I do close-ups where I put it directly on my set.
So, here are few more specifications I've realized:

Must have a large (and flat) area underneath the camera so it won't fall over easily or slide easily.
Must have a flip out adjustable screen. That way, I can look at what I'm doing when my camera's at certain angles. I really need that since I'm not using capture programs.
Must have a fast scroll rate (that way, I can sort of "watch" the movie by scrolling through images and seeing how well the animation flows.

Oh gosh this is getting a bit picky! Haha, no worries though. I might have missed something, but is it in your budget to buy a DSLR of some sort? A 40D is pretty cheap now (I use my Dad's occasionally and it's amazing quality for little lighting hassle.) Though the 40D does only take pictures, the 550D is another DSLR you might want to look into for its video and picture quality.

-Tejas VIM

great idea, one question though   will the batman have 2 lives as Bruce Wayne and batman  or are you just going to treat him as batman the superhero ???

please reply

YouTube Channel           Website

-ArisFilms