Topic: I Am The Night

For a year and a half, I've been in the pre-production stage for creating a really big LEGO Batman movie called:
I Am The Night
It is now in production.

This is going to be a cool Batman adventure with him stopping a load of villains in an epic adventure. Unlike most LEGO Batman movies, I'm going to try to make this much more serious and cool. But still with a few funny jokes every once-in-a-while.
I've also revised the miifigures to try to make them really cool, creepy, stylized, and over-the-top. Here's a picture of all the main characters:
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/285551_265850066762514_100000125687436_1297922_313716_n.jpg

Mr. Freeze

Scarecrow

The Riddler

The Joker

Scarface & the Ventriloquist

King Tut

Batman

The final length of the movie shall probably end up at something around 10 minutes, more or less ( probably more) and filming is probably going to take a year or so. It shall be animated at 15 FPS. I'm going to try and make this long, but still very good and original unlike a lot of long LEGO movies. There's going to be a lot of action, with fights, like a sword duel between Batty and Tut, gun fights, and a big car chase through Gotham city.

So, what do you think? mini/smile Ideas and comments would be appreciated.

Last edited by Squid (July 2, 2012 (09:13am))

Re: I Am The Night

I like the idea! My favorite villains that you made are the joker and the scarecrow. The skeleton face works well for the joker. The riddler and King Tut don't look right, though. But it sounds cool. I'll be looking forward to this! mini/wink

Thanks. mini/smile Yeah, I guess Tut and Riddler look kind of weird. I tried to make him crazy and giddy looking, as I best like him, and tried to give him a bit of gold to go with his question mark for a hand. And Tut looks pretty much completely different from how he does in the '60s show where he's big and round and silly. xD I tried to take a silly guy, and turn him into something cool looking.

Looks quite good. I'd usually pass something like this on to be another Forrestfire knock off, but since I know of your capability I can guess this will be pretty darn good. The characters look well made, and the fact it's serious is also a cause for anticipation.

I wish you luck!

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Don't worry, this will NOT be like his. mini/smile
Personally, I really hate Forrestfire's stuff. mini/tongue A total insult to the awesomeness of Batman. I intend to make something wayyyyyyy better. mini/smile

That's good. A new, original Batman film would be refreshing. Hat's off and good luck to you, sir.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

Nvm. Sorry about that.

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (May 30, 2011 (11:58am))

*Ahem* Mighty, you pretty much used your entire post to give your possible series a plug. Not cool.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I don't like the Riddler's design, but everything else sounds interesting. I prefer "I am the night" to "batty"(this one sounds a bit...not serious). I love the ventriloquist: is it a real character from batman or did you made it up? Cause if you made it up, he's just great.

All of these are actual Batman villains, just modified. Scarface and the Ventriloquist are as well. Arnold (The ventriloquist) is insane with a multiple personality disorder. One his regular self, and the other a terrible mob boss. He manifests the personality of the mob boss in his puppet using ventriloquism to give him a voice. Scarface usually bosses Arnold around, ironically referring to him as "dummy" Arnold usually does what ever he says because he's so frightened of him, but he's still a good person actually. One of my favorite Batman villains. mini/smile

The figures are a bit much, but they're different and I do kind of like how over-the-top they are. I think I'd change the Riddler's face to a yellow type, rather than the Mime head, and try swapping out the green arms for purple ones. Also, I would change the green head underneath Batman's cowl to blue, in order to better match the blue logo.

"I am the night" sounds a lot better than "Batty" in my opinion.

bricksinmotion member of the year

as long as it has little Lighting and is DARK(for a Brickfilm) it'd be heaps cool, and THANK YOU SO MUCH for not sticking to the lego Figures, I was looking in to Scarface and didn't know If I could build him, also Arnold is older, Grey Haired.
I am Night is also and Awesome Title.
I'm making an Spoof on bat's(first day on the job), but still want to touch on his Emotions. PLEASE DO THIS. cause you know, the Guys a freak...
do you have a Voice actor for the Joker? or Riddler? < I can sound like Jim C.
I hope it has a plot to, other wise it is just like Forest fires...

Last edited by Cooked Cat (June 6, 2011 (04:19pm))

Thanks for that. mini/smile I've actually been sort of considering not doing this, but stuff like this is really destroys those feelings. mini/smile
I'm actually planning to play Joker myself. I have a reasonable good Joker voice, and I'm going to do a lot of things to try and perfect it and absolutely nail the part. On what ever day I record my lines, I'm going get into a full Joker outfit with a purple coat, face paint, and lots of bright green hair spray. (I've actually dressed like him several times before like on Halloween for the last two years, my friends say I'm a very good Joker) this is so I can get into my part. As I find that my acting mood is changed by what I wear, and this should help it end op even better. mini/smile
And, yeah, I knew the thing about his hair. Unfortunately, None of my gray hair covers the alternate face on the back of his head (Unless I want Dumbledore hair) xD I guess he decided to get contacts and dye his hair. mini/smile Haha

Jargon wrote:

The figures are a bit much, but they're different and I do kind of like how over-the-top they are. I think I'd change the Riddler's face to a yellow type, rather than the Mime head, and try swapping out the green arms for purple ones. Also, I would change the green head underneath Batman's cowl to blue, in order to better match the blue logo.

Okay, thanks. mini/smile I tried switching the Riddler's arms to purple, it looks rather nice. Still, I can seem to find a good yellow head for him. I found a classic skull looks a little better, though.

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

Thanks for that. mini/smile I've actually been sort of considering not doing this, but stuff like this is really destroys those feelings. mini/smile
I'm actually planning to play Joker myself. I have a reasonable good Joker voice, and I'm going to do a lot of things to try and perfect it and absolutely nail the part. On what ever day I record my lines, I'm going get into a full Joker outfit with a purple coat, face paint, and lots of bright green hair spray. (I've actually dressed like him several times before like on Halloween for the last two years, my friends say I'm a very good Joker) this is so I can get into my part. As I find that my acting mood is changed by what I wear, and this should help it end op even better. mini/smile
And, yeah, I knew the thing about his hair. Unfortunately, None of my gray hair covers the alternate face on the back of his head (Unless I want Dumbledore hair) xD I guess he decided to get contacts and dye his hair. mini/smile Haha

Wow, it seems you're really getting into the part.

bricksinmotion member of the year

You can still use the grey hairpiece. If you need to have a shot of him from behind, just take one frame with the 2-sided face, then take another frame with a blank head (or any single-sided face), and then use masking to get rid of the other face. If you have a frame capturing program with onionskinning, it would help to use that to make sure the hair lines up in both shots. Or, he could be a young version of himself, and you can keep him as he is.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

WelcomeToAwesomeness wrote:

Wow, it seems you're really getting into the part.

Yeah, I'm a pretty serious actor. xD

You can still use the grey hairpiece. If you need to have a shot of him from behind, just take one frame with the 2-sided face, then take another frame with a blank head (or any single-sided face), and then use masking to get rid of the other face. If you have a frame capturing program with onionskinning, it would help to use that to make sure the hair lines up in both shots. Or, he could be a young version of himself, and you can keep him as he is.

Sounds a little complicated.
I usually try to avoid anything really complex unless it's for a really cool thing. I think I'll just keep him as he is. mini/smile Anyway, I'm not going for total accuracy here. xD

It sounds more complicated than it is, actually. Yeah, since all the other characters are modified a bit (compared to the official Lego versions), why not? Besides, design is modifed in the Bataman animated series on TV. The series "The Batman" had a lot of modifed versions of the characters. I guess every series has a little freedom of expression between them.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

I would suggest making a different design for Scarface so he can actually act like a person. (i'll work on that). Also, I'd be happy to give you scripting tips.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png