Re: Introduce Yourselves

Hey, I'm Henry. I've been using Lego for many years now I even did some old brickfilms with them a long time ago- but only recently, I have decided to try and make more Brickfilms that are actually films with, well quality to them. I've always wanted to direct films and I think Lego is a good way to not only make my films the way I envision them, but I also get to do them from the comfort of my Bedroom :-)

I have a channel called "Henry Dowel" where I'll be posting my films. Hopefully I see you there - But In case I don't see ya: Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Good Night!

Peace and greetings to all!

I am Playhood. I have been working with Legos for along as I can remember. It has always been a dream of mine to get into filming, and what better medium than Brick filming!   We enjoy making simple but entertaining stop motion videos without the fanciest filming technologies. We are new to Brickfilm and are excited to be part of the Brickfilming community filled with such talented and creative individuals. I am also very excited to show our latest productions and projects. Each film has been such great learning experience and connecting with more filmmakers and brick fans seems like the best opportunity for growth and learning.

Best to all,
Playhood Studios

-Bringing stories to life, one frame at a time.
Playhood Studios Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTo8jf … subscriber

Welcome PlayHoodStudios!

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

I am Giraffeboy329,

I create funny Brick-films for the pleasure of others. I cannot wait to enter the contest! I will release a trailer for my film soon!

1 Peter 4:10 ESV
"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace"
SUB TO MY YT! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxgqta … 4tGjvNNDA/
Formerly Giraffeboy329

Giraffeboy329 wrote:

I am Giraffeboy329,

I create funny Brick-films for the pleasure of others. I cannot wait to enter the contest! I will release a trailer for my film soon!

Welcome to bricks in motion Giraffeboy329!

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

I'm a bit late since I've been a member for a couple months now but anyways.

Hey there! This is GabyTales Studios! A small group of 5 friends working together to create Lego StopMotions following the lives of Tim and his brother Josh in, "The Insane World of Tim & Josh". We're always working on a new episode, so make sure you don't miss out on the next adventure.

Glad to be part of this amazing community and have a wonderful day mini/wink

Hey there!  I guess this is more of a re-introduction than an introduction. I’m Margot — but I go by MJ, or “trill” if you prefer.  I was part of the brickfilms community about 15 years ago.  I only made 2 films and was always too shy to share them online. One was a Star Trek film, and the other was a Star Wars film so my content pool was fairly narrow and uninspired, too.

I am now a professional ramen and pastry chef with my sights on being a restaurateur, although COVID managed to derail my immediate career plans.  I transitioned careers a few years ago after about a decade working in fine arts and UX/UI design, but still moonlight as an oil painter and digital illustrator.  I live in SoCal with my husband and daughter.   I’m a gamer (mainly PS4 and Xbox for now, also building my first gaming PC), a lazy Twitch streamer, and spend my free time roller skating, practicing my Japanese and French (I’m determined to be trilingual by the time I turn 35), and (when it’s not a global pandemic) hanging out at Disneyland or traveling.

It probably bears mentioning, although I cringe to think back on it: I was peripherally involved in the mass exodus from brickfilms.com.  I was a dumb, incredibly depressed teenager with a stressful home life acting out on the internet.  I sought out and created drama and chaos because that was the only thing I knew as familiar and safe.  If anyone is still around now who was subject to my immaturity and poor behavior, I genuinely apologize. 

I’m in my 30’s now and have a LEGO-loving kiddo of my own.  She has recently shown an interest in making brickfilms and I want to share that hobby with her, so have resurrected my account to poke at what’s new in the tech, equipment, and software departments of stop-motion animation.

A funny, personal anecdote: I may not have been too involved with the filmmaking aspect of LEGO in the last several years, but about 3 years ago, we sold everything we owned and moved cross-country (from Austin, TX to Central Oregon) with only what would fit in our car.  Included in this haul was an entire XL sized cargo carrier and 2 large storage tubs of LEGO, what I estimate to be about 250lbs worth. Because #priorities, right?

Hello and welcome back trill! Your post hit home here- we are in similar points of our lives and it’s nice to see someone else get priorities straight! My daughter has already outgrown and passed on her LEGO to my son-that was a sad day for me. My son is very much into LEGO but more making puzzle boxes / gbc modules/ Minecraft worlds than animation that I thought we could share. We do enjoy talking about all things LEGO and going to conventions when the world’s not shut down.

I like that you moved your collection with you. I’ve moved about five times over the last twenty years and each time my legos took up more room than the previous move - but I would never leave a brick behind. And yet...I have found small abandoned bricks that aren’t mine in the places we’ve  moved to: a plate under a heater, a minifig head at the edge of the carpet, a blaster in the grass which makes me wonder DID I leave something behind too?

And ... don’t  worry about the past too much. We’ve all done things we regret - it’s just a part of growing up. I can say that with authority because I’ve had my own missteps- online and off and someone wise told me the same thing. Enjoy your time here.

Jared

legogod wrote:

Hello and welcome back trill! Your post hit home here- we are in similar points of our lives and it’s nice to see someone else get priorities straight! My daughter has already outgrown and passed on her LEGO to my son-that was a sad day for me. My son is very much into LEGO but more making puzzle boxes / gbc modules/ Minecraft worlds than animation that I thought we could share. We do enjoy talking about all things LEGO and going to conventions when the world’s not shut down.

I like that you moved your collection with you. I’ve moved about five times over the last twenty years and each time my legos took up more room than the previous move - but I would never leave a brick behind. And yet...I have found small abandoned bricks that aren’t mine in the places we’ve  moved to: a plate under a heater, a minifig head at the edge of the carpet, a blaster in the grass which makes me wonder DID I leave something behind too?

And ... don’t  worry about the past too much. We’ve all done things we regret - it’s just a part of growing up. I can say that with authority because I’ve had my own missteps- online and off and someone wise told me the same thing. Enjoy your time here.

Jared

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, and your kind words!   I agree with your assessment of dwelling on the past, and do my best to take responsibility and then move forward and be as kind and grounded as I can now.

I’m really enjoying re-discovering past hobbies and fandoms with my daughter.  We haven’t been to any LEGO conventions, but we’ve been to a few other cons and events and love to cosplay together. I can’t wait to see what becomes of her pursuit of filmmaking.

I’ve moved 4 times over the last 15 years, and have had similar thoughts — what little things did I miss and leave behind? Likely at least a handful of LEGO at each place. My brother actually got most of my family’s LEGO, but my husband was also a brickfilmer (we were childhood friends, grew up down the street from each other, and he was the reason I joined brickfilms.com in the first place), so we’re fortunate to have a pretty sizable collection that we continue to add to. 

So wonderful to see other adults still hanging around, now ushering in the next generation of LEGO/Brickfilming fans.

Hello trillspots!

Welcome back, Trill! It's been a while, huh? Super happy to hear you didn't get rid of your LEGO, sounds like it's paying off dividends now.

Welcome!

1 Peter 4:10 ESV
"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace"
SUB TO MY YT! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxgqta … 4tGjvNNDA/
Formerly Giraffeboy329

BertL wrote:

Welcome back, Trill! It's been a while, huh? Super happy to hear you didn't get rid of your LEGO, sounds like it's paying off dividends now.

Thank you!  It has been such a long time!
Yes, I'm really glad to have lots to pass along and share with my kiddo.

Hello, I am Ugly Step Sis Studios, I just turned 13 about two months ago, and I am not good at making stop motions, but I hope to get better. I am in fact male, it was a re-occurring joke with my best friend Ry Ry, her being my beautiful step sister, me being the ugly one. I was inspired by Castle Cyclops to become a Lego animator, but it takes more patience than I first expected. This sight was recommended to me by my good and best friend Ry Ry, who helped me through more situations than I can imagine. I was kinda bummed about being too late for the "citizen of the year" contest, but  there is always next time. I animate with Legos because they are easy to animate with, and my roommate has a couple of sets that he lets me use. Due to my age, I can't by anymore Lego sets so I have to make do with what I have.
     Me out....

Welcome to the forums, sis! (Not sure what to call you, lol.) Feel free to share your animations and don't worry about it not being good. We're all here to help each other out and get better at brickfilming, but most of all we're here to have fun with it!

10 years as a member on this site today!

funmiproductions wrote:

10 years as a member on this site today!

Awesome!

Hi everyone! mini/smile

I figured I should contribute as I’ve been a member of the brick filmmaking community for the last 11 years now however I have never made an account up until this point.

I made my first brickfilm all the way back in 2009 when I was 12. I am now in my early 20s and I still make stopmotions every now and again. I have gradually moved onto more live action films and other form of stopmotion animations such as claymation and cutout animation although I am planning to make more brick films soon. I believe the last ‘official’ brickfilm I made was back in 2011!

If you message me on BiM I will be more than happy to show my work to you as I don’t want to release it publicly just yet.

Looking forward to being a part of this fantastic community! mini/bigsmile

Welcome, SpaceStudios! Glad to have you here! We're looking forward to you publicly releasing your new films!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Hello everyone! eyeronicks here.

I used to make brickfilms when I was younger but stopped for several years; now, on a whim, I've decided to return to this curious hobby to pass the dreary lockdown days.

And that's it really!