Re: EASTER Brickfilming Festival 2012 - [CLOSED]

mcoov wrote:
Well guys, I'm alive....Your films are being judged. It shan't take long now.

Thanks!  Looking forward to the results mini/bigsmile

When can we expect to see the results? mini/smile

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/youtube.jpghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/sitelogo.jpg

I think I speak for everyone when I say that the administration of the judging is very very poor. Mcoov said school was over for him and the other judges had plenty of time. I'd at least expect a date or something when the results are released, so we don't have to constantly ask the same question. I hope this won't happen in future contests, or ever really.

I agree. The THAC 8 judging took a long time, too. But, this is ridiculous. mini/madhead

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

One of the animation challenges I judged had at least 15 entries, I think it took me about 20 minutes to judge the whole thing.

I can't believe the results are still not up. This is ridiculous. It's been almost 4 months. Just do it already. Oh my god.

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

How many people remember TEC? I'm not trying to justify why its taking so long, I'm not saying it's right, but I'm simply saying that this is not the longest it's ever taken.

To be truthful, I didn't process the entries to Hazzat and Danimation between the end of the contest and my most recent post. In fact, they received no word from me. I feel terrible, but school cut into my time on this site majorly, and my post history reflects that (They call it the "sophomore slump" for a reason.)

There's a difference, though, when you're judging a contest that limits entries to a 20 second run-time. Hope you can finish it soon.

The deadline was April 9th, this is July 9th....So that's what, 90 days later? mini/confused
(Which is a whole quarter of a year!)

And using TEC as an excuse isn't really valid, from what I can tell it was started in August of 2008 by Schlaeps. Who then abandoned it leaving nobody to judge or organize it until Smeagol came along and assembled his own judging panel. The results were then posted in April of 2009.

Most of the video links are out-of-date, so I can't check on the running times, but the difference is that someone else had to step in, organize a new judging panel, get them the videos, and have them judge it. You've simply been busy, and hadn't even gotten the judges all the videos until around the 22nd of June.

So, any light at the end of the tunnel? It's been over two weeks since the films were sent out, so even if it took a day to judge just a minute of film, they'd be done by now. Even a simple update like this would be nice: "The judging has been completed, the results will be posted in a day or two."

No, not TEC. THAC 8.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

No, not TEC. THAC 8.

No, he's talking about TEC, not THAC 8.

Ok yeah this is getting ridiculous

Results please

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Any updates?

Be sure to follow me on:
FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter

?.. mini/confused
Have you judges jumped of a cliff?

Best, most awkward question yet. mini/lol
Even I'm ready to see the results. mini/shifty

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

EDIT: Disregard this, I have no idea what is going on.

Whoa, I totally forgot about this contest. lol

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

This contest could be judged in less than two hours.  Why almost 4 months and no results?

I have no idea what the hell's going on? mini/frustrated

So Mcoov, have you been abducted by aliens or something? mini/confused

It's been THREE WEEKS since your last post, you really need to give us some sort of a update/reply/comment type thing.
Even if it's nothing more than "Sorry, been really lazy. Be patient." It's even been over a month since you sent the films out to be judged, and last time I checked, it wouldn't take Hazzat and Danimation near that long to get their results back to you. There's absolutely no excuse for this type of delay.

We need just a little something to let us know that you haven't dropped off the edge of the Earth, or forgotten about this contest or something else equally terrifying. Come on, you owe us at least that by now.

What's even worse is, I've looked at your YouTube feed and you've been commenting on stuff within the last week. So you've had time to watch a fifteen minute long Minecraft video, but not enough time to judge a contest with the total run time on all the videos being only a little more than thirteen minutes? Please get your priorities straight.

If you simply can't do it, then get someone else to. This is way beyond procrastination. This is like...Uber procrastination squared. If you are taking so long simply because you want to make up a fancy results graphic, don't. I just want the results, and couldn't care less about a fancy chart. And I'm fairly certain that everybody else on here feels the same way. If nothing else, post the top ten and than post the rest later.  (Or even top five if that's too hard....For that matter, the top three would even work!)

This is...well....There's not really a word that can describe it. If you're waiting to set the record for longest contest judging period, don't. Just don't. I can't think of any reason why you couldn't have had this judged and over with by now. There are ways to make time for something. Stay up late, wake up early, skip a meal, don't play video games/watch TV, don't get on YouTube, don't work on your own animation project, Ect... And you said that you were out of school how long ago? What else do you have going on? Six full time jobs? It's not that hard to make some time available, trust me, I know. This will take at most an hour or two, and you've had plenty of time to do it.

I'm not trying to be rude or mean or anything, but this is crazy. And it's just.... http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/UberSocks/69.gif

P.S. I messaged Mcoov on YouTube, and may try PMing him here, as well as sending him an e-mail. If anybody else has any kind of way to communicate with him, try that. Let's see if we can get some kind of update soon-ish. He may simply be not checking here, and ignoring any auto-emails from BIM.