Re: Frame from Your Upcoming Film

Nice frame! The forest in the background is well detailed, and the camera angle is rather nice. Just one question, is that a factory in the background? The image is not focused (as intended, I believe) but it looks like a factory building.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

D.J.M. wrote:

Nice frame! The forest in the background is well detailed, and the camera angle is rather nice. Just one question, is that a factory in the background? The image is not focused (as intended, I believe) but it looks like a factory building.

Looks like either a factory or a city, I only say city because a lot of the buildings are different colors and distances. Love the frame, can't wait for the film!

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

kcirbfilms wrote:
D.J.M. wrote:

Looks like either a factory or a city, I only say city because a lot of the buildings are different colors and distances. Love the frame, can't wait for the film!

Haha to my embarrassment, I never noticed that in the background! We'll call it a town or something because this animation is set in medieval times. I may end up re-taking that shot because of that, thanks both of you for spotting it! Glad you like it mini/smile

Repelling Spider wrote:
kcirbfilms wrote:
D.J.M. wrote:

Haha to my embarrassment, I never noticed that in the background! We'll call it a town or something because this animation is set in medieval times. I may end up re-taking that shot because of that, thanks both of you for spotting it! Glad you like it mini/smile

mini/lol
That's happened to me before now.

Haha yeah, it's happened to me a few times before probably. Oh well, live and learn. mini/lol

Ah, no problem! That's the point of this thread, isn't it! Providing useful critique of each others frames. I just spotted what I saw as a factory in the background. I personally don't think you'll need to change it, it's a rather small detail.

You may not need to re-take that shot. In one frame we look at we scrutinize it. In a film there are multiple elements moving. If you have the character and horse moving it may distract and take away the focus of the background.

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Even if you left the shot I wouldn't whine about it. It's out of focus and even though it looks kinda like a factory I don't think people will notice it. The frame is clearly focused on the horse and the minifigure people will keep their eyes on those objects.

LarryStudios wrote:

Even if you left the shot I wouldn't whine about it. It's out of focus and even though it looks kinda like a factory I don't think people will notice it. The frame is clearly focused on the horse and the minifigure people will keep their eyes on those objects.

Actually it depends on how long the shot is and what they are doing in the shot: if the minifig's just talking and waving the arms a bit, then it's probable that I will notice it. On the other hand, if they're just walking in front of it and there's a pan, it's harder to see it.

Well we'll never know now whether someone would've spotted it or not mini/bigsmile  I mean when you see a still from an animation it's easier to analyze it. Noticing it while watching animation is completely different but maybe you're right there are some people who'd eventually notice it anyway. Maybe.

Well, I'm saying because that's one of the first things I saw in the pic after the horse and the minifig. A black spot doesn't really go unnoticed in a frame full of green.

LarryStudios wrote:

Well we'll never know now whether someone would've spotted it or not mini/bigsmile  I mean when you see a still from an animation it's easier to analyze it. Noticing it while watching animation is completely different but maybe you're right there are some people who'd eventually notice it anyway. Maybe.

Exactly. That was my point also. mini/smile

*Great minds think alike. mini/tongue ]*

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

People are just to ticky tacky on things now a days mini/tongue . It's a perfectly fine shot Spider, no need to re-shoot anything (To be honest, I didn't even know it was there before somebody mentioned it).

http://tinyurl.com/krwj4ek
http://tinyurl.com/kvxr6umhttp://tinyurl.com/kxofj4mhttp://tinyurl.com/k5fw3syhttp://tinyurl.com/m4rv8tf

Juggernaut Pictures wrote:

People are just to ticky tacky on things now a days mini/tongue . It's a perfectly fine shot Spider, no need to re-shoot anything (To be honest, I didn't even know it was there before somebody mentioned it).

Agreed.

LarryStudios wrote:
Juggernaut Pictures wrote:

Agreed.

Haha thanks for the feedback guys, I've been animating this beast for the past 2 days (yesterday I was animating the entire day almost. About 9 hours.) and I'm ready for it to be finished. The entire animation will have narration on top so I'm almost certain that the "factory" won't be noticed when you're paying attention to the story. I've got to animate the last scene or two, add sound effects, record the narration, and finalize the edit. All tomorrow before 4:30pm.

That's good. As I said before, it is a small detail, and I agree that you shouldn't have to re film it just because if that.
mini/smile

Here's one I'm working on:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-t8DZbO66jy8/T2K-lx6TGCI/AAAAAAAAAF4/oTfmGngPN9k/s640/Capture_00101.JPG
Oh, none of them are super-heroes. Well, one is, sorta.

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t408/Rogeralans/LOGOsigOfficial_zpscdbbba00.png

What is the thing on the ground? Or do we have to wait until it comes out? mini/smile

the thing on the ground seems to be a hook of some kind

It's these two parts.

I would lean the right wall up some more, as you can see past the door.
Also, it looks kinda plain, and the dark gray/white color scheme doesn't look that good, it should be light gray to make a more sterile, perfectly clean hallway, or change the walls to a darker color to make a more forboding, dark hallway.
But did you cut the overcoat out yourself, or buy it like that?