Re: Frame from Your Upcoming Film

Alfa, you and Juggernaut are right on His apperance.
I just took the common jewish look from that time, and when from there.
And you're right about the robe, but I did that to easily distinguish Him from all the other people in the film.

Mighty,
Thanks about the arches, I'll keep that in mind.
Oh, and the tan pieces are the result of my going broke, and a Bricklink seller losing most of his tan parts.
And that's most of my non-2X4 tan parts right there, so don't envy me too much. mini/wink

Personally, I think the typical look which is associated with Him looks rather cool, naturally, I like it that way. It's possible that it's inaccurate, but I don't think it's entirely impossible for it to be accurate, so there is no harm in it.

I still dislike the hair inconsistency. Neat black hair with a dirty and unshaven look that's brown doesn't quite mix, no matter how you slice it.

But I still like the detail on the old building you made. mini/smile Nice and kinda jumbled in a good-looking way.

Yeah the Jesus doesn't really look like Jesus, the frame itself is pretty good though.

Yes, I think I'm going to have to agree with Larry and Squid on this. I'm interested in your film and seeing it. (as I'm a Christian myself) I think it might look like Jesus to more people if He had longer hair perhaps. Even if it isn't technically as realistic, it would help to get the overall message across and more easily connect with people. If however you've already been filming it for awhile, I could understand how changing it now might be a problem. Whichever way you decide, I'm sure your film will turn out well! mini/smile I'm glad to see another Brickfilm with a Biblical message, I hope to start making some with some more meaningful messages behind them.

Repelling Spider wrote:

I hope to start making some with some more meaningful messages behind them.

I've been wanting to do that for several years now, but, unfortunately, I've never thought up anything. xD

All my mind makes is complex twisted plots and random mad humor.

To tell the trunth, it's now finished. So it's a little late to change anything. mini/blankexpression

The Bible doesn't tell us what He looked like, so that doesn't really doesn't matter, it matters what He did, and who He is. I think each one of us thinks of Jesus a little differently, this is how I picture Him, although it very well may be wrong.

And as to more Biblical movies, that will be my tenth upload to Youtube. (Some are unlisted, so my channel doesn't reflect that number.) I tithe my money, and it looks like (though it wasn't on purpose) my brickfilms as well. mini/smile
I do have a few ideas bouncing around in my head for more, but it'll be a long time before they are made.

Also, I don't know what I was thinking last night, as Jesus's head piece is the Indy head, not the Dastsan on that I said it was. Sorry!

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (March 18, 2012 (11:23am))

Pritchard Studios wrote:

To tell the trunth, it's now finished. So it's a little late to change anything. mini/blankexpression

The Bible doesn't tell us what He looked like, so that doesn't really doesn't matter, it matters what He did, and who He is. I think each one of us thinks of Jesus a little differently, this is how I picture Him, although it very well may be wrong.

And as to more Biblical movies, that will be my tenth upload to Youtube. (Some are unlisted, so my channel doesn't reflect that number.) I tithe my money, and it looks like (though it wasn't on purpose) my brickfilms as well. mini/smile
I do have a few ideas bouncing around in my head for more, but it'll be a long time before they are made.

Also, I don't know what I was thinking last night, as Jesus's head piece is the Indy head, not the Dastsan on that I said it was. Sorry!

Hahaha I found the part about tithing humorous. mini/lol I guess I'm do for a more spiritual brickfilm then. mini/wink Great work though, looking forward to seeing it!

the bible does tell us what jews would wear, and one little feature hard to include with lego is the blue tread or fringe around the bottom of the robe that all jews would wear, also, the bible does say some things about what he wore, one was a seamless undergarment (not underpants)

Alfa

Will someone post a frame already before this thread turns into a biblical discussion.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

to late for that.... but, I guess you just don't want it to cause you don't know to much about the bible.... and then have to remain silent.

Alfa

Alfa: Shut up, and refrain from insulting the faiths of fellow members. Especially ones that outrank you in both experience, and public opinion.

This isn't the place to be talking about religion. Not only is it off topic, but we get into petty arguments about how to interpret our respective religious texts. This is why The War Room was closed in the first place.

Last edited by mcoov (March 18, 2012 (09:20pm))

mcoov wrote:

Alfa: shut up.

ok... woops.... sorry... oh, there I go again........ mini/bigsmile

Sure thing Lech mini/tongue
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7198/6995607171_c98876cded_z.jpg
Frame from my Animation Challenge entry, yes it's supposed to be dark, it's outside underwater. I'd love to hear people's thoughts on how much it looks like it's underwater. Also the bright circle is a spotlight, made that using a small flashlight.

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

If possible, perhaps some distortion of the image could make it seem more underwater, but it looks pretty good the way it is, uderwater is one of the hardest affects to achieve; the animation itself is more important.

This is from my Lens Flare effects test video. Do you like the way it looks? mini/smile
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/5716/lensy.jpg

Yup. mini/smile

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Lechnology wrote:

Will someone post a frame already before this thread turns into a biblical discussion.

I'm sorry, it wasn't on purpose, but I'll try to keep things on-topic better next time. mini/wink

Kcirbfilms, It looks like he's outside at night. So you should take backyardlegos's advice and add some sort of filter on top, and maybe some bubbles coming from somewhere. (Preferably the guy's head.)

LarryStudios, The lens flare should be round, and it just doesn't seem very...Lens Flare-y to me. Try making it more white instead of blue, that may help.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Kcirbfilms, It looks like he's outside at night. So you should take backyardlegos's advice and add some sort of filter on top, and maybe some bubbles coming from somewhere. (Preferably the guy's head.)

I'm hesitant to add a filter, because I think it'll look more tacky than underwater.... I'm hoping the animation will help, and maybe also adding a fish? I need to re-film this shot anyways, so I might as well. Also I rather prefer doing things in-shot, as opposed to lots of special effects, when possible, but I might try to do some bubbles. They're only outside the compound for a short while, so I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble. Thanks for the input!

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

dark
At First glance you probably wont see anything...take another look!
From a short horror I'm making, Something In The Woods

animationIsaac wrote:

dark
At First glance you probably wont see anything...take another look!
From a short horror I'm making, Something In The Woods

whats on his face?