Re: Magical Stop Motion COMPETITION from Smoovie [CLOSED]

My original thought. I'm going to midnight.

Where's the coffee?

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:
Back after taking a VERY FREAKING long break. 14 months, I believe. Anyways I'm going to be making films again. Much better ones.

Drat, I am just not going to be able to finish this in time. I look forward to seeing the rest of the entries, though!

Myself and Jstudios finished our entry. mini/bigsmile Find it here.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Here is my entry

WHY DO I HAVE TO CUT THESE THINGS SO DARN CLOSE?

Anyway, I've done! Thank god, not even an hour to spare! You did get it right Smoovie? Just want to check, although it's a bit late to do anything now, the upload took over an hour!
Ta da!
I'll put it in the dictionary tomorrow, but now I'm off to bed. Good luck anyone else whose entering/entered. mini/wink

That was epic! Well Done.

Hello BiM! Not making a comeback but may surf the forums time to time

- www.spankthatdalek.tumblr.com -

I did it.
With two minutes to spare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8VqXJ_ZjN8

I'm going to go to my bed. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by TheLegoCammster7 (April 30, 2011 (04:02pm))

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:
Back after taking a VERY FREAKING long break. 14 months, I believe. Anyways I'm going to be making films again. Much better ones.

Dictionary link mini/bigsmile
I'm really happy with it. I have a question though Smoovie, could we perhaps have a list of entrants? Obviously not now because they need to be checked to make sure they follow the rules, but I'd like to have a look at some of the other entries, I bet some people have made some amazing stuff.

Filmfire96 wrote:

I have a question though Smoovie, could we perhaps have a list of entrants?

I PM'd Smoovie to ask them the same question yesterday morning.

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:

Here's my film's topic link -

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … the-night/

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:

The Smoovie Magical Competition closed at midnight on 30th April 2011 and the Smoovie Team would like to say to huge thank you to all those animators who took part. Entries were coming in right up to the last minute and we then had the brilliant task of watching them and picking our winners. There really is a lot of talent out there : )

After a lot of deliberation we are delighted to announce the winners as follows:

First Prize - Hal with 'The Moustached Magician'. A really well-done and funny magical animation which had us all laughing. Hal receives the LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle and a copy of LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 for the Mac.

1st Runner-Up - Mikaela with 'Mr Magician'. It had a really cool storyline and a fantastic ending. Mikaela receives a copy of LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 for the Mac.

2nd Runner-Up - Jack with 'The Magic of Colour'. An incredibly well thought out concept which carried the viewer through a whole range of emotions before reaching a fantastic ending. Jack receives a copy of LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 for the Mac.

You can see the winning entries on the Smoovie news page at http://www.openplanetsoftware.com/news/index.html.

Keep a look out for more Smoovie competitions and cool prizes in the future. If you would like to be kept up to date with Smoovie news then just send a quick email to [email protected] and we will add you to our newsletter list : )

Thank you again for taking part. We really hope you enjoyed it as much as we did, and once again, we were blown away with all the talent out there : )

Keep animating : )

The Smoovie Team

/Users/karen/Desktop/Smoovie Logo png.png

Congrats Onion and Jstudios!!!!   How are you guys going to split the prizes???

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ccvzt0.jpghttp://i51.tinypic.com/9izqe8.jpg

Wheeeee... can't wait to receive the prizes. Thanks a bunch to Smoovie for organising the whole thing, it was very successful and got some great entries, in my opinion. Of course my greatest thank you goes to Jstudios obviously, for making this possible and for producing some fabulous animation.

EDIT: Oh noes, it seems my name has been released to the whole wide web. mini/tongue Ah well. Btw, guys, I'm actually 12 myself, as is Jstudios.

Last edited by Onion (August 13, 2011 (05:51am))

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Oh Onion. mini/tongue

DBSarazen wrote:

Congrats Onion and Jstudios!!!!   How are you guys going to split the prizes???

I agreed to let Onion keep all the prizes. AS I'M SUCH A NICE GUY. Also, he came up with the story, without him I would've had nothing to work with.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Ha ha, well done everyone. You guys definitely all deserved it! My film was probably all a bit too long winded, I'm very happy you two won.
Well done Jstudios and Hal <JK! Onion! Brilliant work guys!!! You should do more co-op's. mini/wink mini/delirium
My prize also turned up the other day. Thank you very much Smoovie! Although I did think there'd be more entries, not much comes up when you type 'smoovie entry' into youtube. I'm probably just not looking hard enough, or typing in the wrong thing. mini/smile

Again though, well done peeplz, any chance of having a competition this time next year? It could be 'Pirates of the Caribbean' themed or something, that would be really cool! I'll keep an eye out.

Congrats Hal ( mini/tongue ) and Jonathan, your entry was awesome. mini/bigsmile

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Well done everyone!

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Hey Smoovie aren´t you meaning ¨Mr Magic¨?
Or there was a film named ¨Mr Magican¨?

I believe you mean "The Moustached Magician" bye me and Onion? mini/tongue

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

No, I think he means the first runner up. I believe it is 'Mr. Magician', that's what it is on their site and here. I have to say that for a seven year old it was pretty good! I enjoyed all the entries a lot, you guys deserved your prizes! I'm happy I came 3rd! mini/wink