Topic: Magical Stop Motion COMPETITION from Smoovie [CLOSED]

Smoovie for the Mac. Everything you need to make your own stop motion movies and share them with the world.

To celebrate the release of Smoovie on the Mac App Store and the arrival of LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 on the Mac, we're running a competition for LEGO fans of all ages.

Make your very own stop motion movie with a magical theme. You're free to use any props you wish in your movie - LEGO, Plasticine, stuffed toys - anything can come to life with stop motion. Or why not try some classic animation with pen and paper?

Be creative, use your imagination and have fun!

PRIZES

The winner will receive the fantastic LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle (worth £102.99 GBP, $129.99 USD) and their own copy of the LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 game for the Mac.

Two runners up will each receive a copy of the LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 game for the Mac.

CLOSING DATE

The closing date for entries is 30th April 2011. So start animating today!!

HOW TO ENTER

To enter the competition simply visit http://www.openplanetsoftware.com/smoov … index.html

/Users/karen/Desktop/Smoovie Logo png.png

Re: Magical Stop Motion COMPETITION from Smoovie [CLOSED]

Hmmm..... Sounds interesting. mini/smile

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

This looks pretty cool. I've moved it to Contests and Festivals, but if any mod disagrees with me, feel free to move it back.

I might end up making a short entry for this, but we'll see.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Looks fantastic. Since I don't own a MAC, If I win, I most likely just sell the game. The castle draws me mini/love what a great prize- I'll be sure to enter.

I may make a short little entry because I have 2 Harry Potter set but at the moment I'm dedicated to ToY.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

i'm guessng we have to make the movie with smoovie software?

This sounds like a really good competition. Great theme too, and brilliant prizes. I've got some good ideas floating round in my head, I'll try my best to get an entry in. mini/smile

Very very interested. Gotta make something. mini/smile

Hi topitmunkeydog,

Of course we would love it if you did use Smoovie to make your film but you really don't have to mini/smile

We're just looking forward to seeing how creative you guys can be!

Smoovie, this is probably a weird question but...

...when you mean magical do you mean magic or something amazing?

I use the word magical a lot when I'm describing things so I just wanted to be clear.

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:
Back after taking a VERY FREAKING long break. 14 months, I believe. Anyways I'm going to be making films again. Much better ones.

Hi TheLegoCammster7,

We meant magical as in Abracadabra, wands and so on.

Thanks for checking as it will probably help others too.

Can't wait to see your entry mini/smile

If only I could enter TMH, but that wouldn't be fair, or allowed. Maybe I'll make a sequel to it! mini/delirium

I'm definitely entering, I'm considering going Medieval magic and witchcraft - just as soon as I get my Mission Impossible Entry finished. mini/cat

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

skeletons walking? that magical?

I can't find anything on copyrighted stuff, I can't find any rules at all. Are we free to use any copyrighted music for this?

Hi Filmfire96,

Thanks for making that point and I'm sure it will help others too mini/smile

The Terms & Conditions for the competition can be accessed from the Entry Form. Here is a link to them http://www.openplanetsoftware.com/smoov … index.html

Note number 10 in the Terms & Conditions covers copyrighted material.

I might enter mini/bigsmile

Hopefully I'm going to start in the next few days, but first I'm going to make a test, because I've now got a mac I need to properly try out my new stuff, and I'll probably post it here so you guys can help me improve.
Anyone else started yet? mini/bigsmile

This sounds interesting. I would have tried to do it with Star Wars action figures (with magic of course), but don't know yet. (unorginal, I know)

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.

In the category of magic, would a film about ghosts be allowed?

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:
Back after taking a VERY FREAKING long break. 14 months, I believe. Anyways I'm going to be making films again. Much better ones.