Re: Worst movie you've ever seen?

Avatar is a debate. Someone either loves it, or hates it, there is no middle. I love it. Except, to actually get sucked into the movie, you need to let at least half a year go by before seeing it again, otherwise you might get bored in some scenes.

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

DerTarchin wrote:

Avatar is a debate. Someone either loves it, or hates it, there is no middle.

There is a middle for me, because I haven't seen it.

Clash of the Titans (the new one)
Horrible remake, and someone please explain to me why an ancient greek sailor would have a buzz cut? And yea, I'm sure that they would totally ride giant scorpions....

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Movie wise, not too bad... But in relation to the book, absolutely horrible. Am I the only one who is getting tired of Hades always being an evil dude? It's like everyone in Hollywood just wants the lord of th dead to be a guy hell-bent (literally) on world domination. Almost nothing was like the book.

Eragon
Loved the book, hated the movie. As usual. Seems like all movies from books suck. Well except Harry Potter, but that's only because they actually were able to make it a movie series.

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

Night at the Museum 2
Way to kill a funny little movie with a pointless, illogical, painful-to-see, poorly written, poorly casted, horrible sequel Sean Levy. The Movies weren't supposed to be realistic, sure, but not to the point where they weren't enjoyable.
Here are a few parts I found hard to understand and hated in the second one:

• What lunatic over in Hollywood decided that the Museum of Natural History in New York would replace historical artifacts with holograms.

• So now little plastic figurine people from the wild west who don't weigh an ounce can dial pay phones?

• Hold on, so if Larry isn't an official night guard at the Smithsonian, than why is he the only human there? Shouldn't there be real night guards?

• If Theodore Roosevelt knew he was a wax replica of the real person, then why didn't Amelia know she was fake too?

• So now the Wright Brother's plane manages to take flight seconds after being released from the ceiling, then doing WW2 fighter plane moves to weave through a labyrinth of other hanging planes, then flying through a cargo door, then flying through the DC mall, before smashing through a giant stained-glass window fully intact. When the two main characters could have simply climbed into a biplane, or other, less intricate airplane (How about a stunt plane, they're usually tiny.)

• Okay, so this ancient Egyptian tablet's original purpose was to be plugged into a statue, and when this happens, the tablet summons the evil bird-people from the underworld? What the...?

• Hold on a minute, so, the Lincoln Memorial is a museum according to the Tablet logic?

• If the pictures in the paintings come to life but can't leave, then why could Capone's men walk out of photographs? And why was it Young Al Capone? Was the famous one too fat for Hollywood?

• So you punish little plastic figurine people by sticking them in an hour glass? Just wait until morning and you can pick them out of the sand.

• If the figures turning to dust in the morning if not in their exhibits was such a big deal in the first movie, then why was Larry putting an Octopus in the pool in front of the Lincoln memorial?

• How is Amelia going to fit a whole museum and it's night guard into a tiny little aircraft, fly to New York, return to DC, and get the plane and herself back into their exhibits before morning?

• Of course! What a brilliant idea; Exposing New Yorkers to temperamental Huns and other dangerous people in world history!

• And of course, after spending plenty of time out in the open of two of the busiest cities in the country, nobody saw this?

And many other flaws, They should never have made the sequel.

Last edited by RealBrick (December 29, 2010 (05:08pm))

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Legend Of The Guardians: The Owls of Gahool
It's just way too fast paced. It had so much potential, but it just sucked. Also, they totally got the owl's nocturnal thing. The owls were sleeping in the FREAKING NIGHT.

Fred: The Movie
'Nuff said.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars
I don't need to say anything at all.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Darkman wrote:

Van Helsing

Just painfully minblowingly stupid.

YES. God, that was awful. His lover's face appears in the sky in the end and smiles at him.

Besides that:

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
Pointlessly depressing in a ridiculous way.

The Dark Knight
Painfully overdirected; takes itself way too seriously. Like, I'll complain about Inception, but at least that movie was original and had some excellent scenes. This is just kind of a mess.

The Fall
The worst visual style ever; so pretentious and garish that it's painful to watch.

Daniel the Wizard
German movie starring the guy who came in third place in the German Idols. Evil goths try to kill him, but he converts them using "positive energy". Yes, really.

Manos: The Hands of Fate
Awesomely bad amateur horror film made by a fertilizer salesman from El Paso. The best thing about it is a really stoned satyr named Torgo.

Hawk the Slayer
Awesome fantasy movie from 1980.

The Room
No comment. I think my favorite line is "DO YOU UNDERSTAN' LIIIIIFE? DO YOU?!"

Birdemic: Shock and Terror
NoCal yuppie romance is disrupted by attacking birds. In some ways better than The Room because it's so much more awful. The worst CGI birds ever, and they explode whenever they hit something. There's a weird hippie guy at the end who looks like Woody Harrelson, one of the many horrible actors in the film.

All movies by Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer

Never seen any of their films in entirety, but they're pretty bad. So bad I can't bother seeing more of it.

Couldn't this thread lead to arguments? I say that because everyone has their very own opinion about a movie. If one members says something like [movie title] is bad, then someone else may say they love it and start arguing. I'm just saying. So be careful guys.

Or maybe we could have a civil discussion.  Disagreeing about a movie is okay, y'know...

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Any direct-to-DVD Disney movie that sequels one of their masterpieces.
Examples:
* Cinderella 2 and 3.
* Aladdin 2
* Hunchback of Notre Dame 2
* Beauty and the Beast 2.
You keep the list going.

Shrek 3
Cheesy as !@#$. I died from embarrassment when Shrek tried to "connect" with Arthur. The worst part was that they weren't done, and made a fourth movie. My friend made a joke that he went into the future and saw Shrek 24.

Dr. No
I probably need to re-watch it, but the last time I saw it I had no idea what the heck was going on.

Last edited by mcoov (December 29, 2010 (08:07pm))

My sister was watching some movie called "School Gurls 2" or something. I stopped to watch for like 10 minutes just to enjoy the horribleness. Plus FRED: The Movie sucked.

Used to be 'Caidence'

Thank god someone said The Room.

The Room

Worst piece of crap ever. My favourite lines and scenes:

"You're tearing me APART LISA!"

The Flower Shop Scene (also known as: Hey Doggie.)

Ohai Mark

Ending Scene

So bad it's good.

Last edited by Lamplight (December 29, 2010 (10:23pm))

Gulliver's Travels 3D looks really really bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTXygGGpE04

Red classic.
Free will carried many a soul to hell, but never a soul to heaven. -Charles H. Spurgeon

Littlebrick wrote:

Super Mario Bros.
Hit that So-Bad-It's-Good note several times, but I'd have to be really bored/high to watch it again in one sitting.

I had forgot about that film.

Night Owl wrote:

Manos: The Hands of Fate

You'll love this.

Would I be called cliché if I listed some Disney Channel original movies? The stuff my sister watches... ugh.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Fred

Terrible acting by Pixie Lott and Lucas Cruikshank and all the other characters. (Though It was Pixie Lott's first movie). Personally I think the only good actor was Jennette McCurdy. The bully called 'Kevin' wasnt even much of a bully he just threw plastic balls at Fred and never punched him or anything and Fred was scared of him...

The plot was so weak and terrible, half of the movie didnt even make any sense. A man on a bus was stalking Fred... The Dad was a WWE superstar...

Infestation

Woah, one of the worst movies ever! Terrible acting, terrible plot, terrible effects, terrible script. Everything! Though It's one of those movies which are so bad they are funny to watch. But It keeps you entertained If you dont have any other movies at that time.

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b463/Masterman129/Untitled.png
Click signature for YouTube!

Anything with Steven Seagal in it... but then again, anything with steven seagal in it is automatically AWESOME.

Norbit. Jesus christ, I saw that movie like three times in a row. A few months ago, I was babysitting for an 8 year old girl and her 10 year old brother, and one of them recently got the DVD for their birthday. 10 minutes into the second time, I just tried to sleep myself to death while they laughed their heads off, quoting rubbish and shouting.

I think naming avatar as one of the worst films of all time is a little harsh. I'd prefer it over something like a comedy/romance.

There are in my opinion 4 Kinds of Bad. Disappointing (eg, Indiana Jones 4), Mediocre/Bad (The Last Airbender), So-Bad-Their-Good/Awesome (anything by Ed Wood), and Abomination (Batman and Robin)

Disappointing:

Terminator Salvation (I actually like Terminator 3)
Avatar (I HATE this movie - but its by no means horrible. Its story is an abomination, but the rest is fairly well done)
Indiana Jones 4
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Harry Potter 3 & 4
The Golden Compass (It has the best cast of villains ever, including the ever-awesome Christopher Lee, but we only see them for 1 SCENE!!!)

Mediocre/Bad:

Any Disney Channel Movie
Any Direct-to-DVD Disney Movie
Spy Kids 2/3 (the 3D sucks)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Any Romantic Comedy (apart from 'Love Actually', which is redeemed by the sheer presence of Alan Rickman)
Eragon (OK-ish book that despite ripping off every fantasy movie in the world is enjoyable and interesting - but terrible movie that blatantly points these rip-offs out, whilst the book was a little more subtle about it)
Stormbreaker (this is strange, since the cast is AMAZING!! Stephen Fry, Mickey Rourke, Bill Nighy, Ewan McGregor...why did they get saddled with this awful movie?)
Quantum of Solace (The evil plan is to overcharge people for water)
Doctor Who: The TV Movie (its almost as bad as Series 5)

So-Bad Their Good:

Plan 9 from Outer Space ("Your stupid minds!! Stupid!! STUPID!!!")
Anything with Reb Brown in it (He's the B-Movie Schwarzenegger - only American, but you need him in your movie for one thing: Yelling at the top of his voice whilst rapidly firing a machine gun twice the size of him. F**KING AWESOME!!)
Batman 1960 (although, this barely counts since I swear its deliberate)
50's Monster Movies
Manos: The Hands of Fate - The Mystery Science Theatre Version (Yes, I have seen 'Manos: The Hands of Dave')
The Room ("YOU ARE A LION I NEARLY HIT YOU!!")

I have yet to watch 'Troll 2'. I'm trying to track it down along with a Region 2/Region Free copy of 'The Room', since I've only seen it on Youtube. And I really want Tommy Wiseau to sign it (if you buy it off the Website, he will do it free off charge)

Also, 'Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves' - my favourite movie of all time - doesn't count, since it is only really mediocre but is awesomely mediocre.

Abomination:

Batman and Robin (although Mr Freeze's puns and some of the cheesy clichés do sometimes cross into the so-bad-its-good)
Highlander 2: The Quickening
Anything by The Asylum (although, apparently 'Sherlock Holmes' is hilarious)
Anything by Uwe Boll (although 'Bloodrayne' has some hilarity to it)
Battlefield Earth (although John Travolta is pretty un-intentionally funny, but then you remember he was in 'Pulp Fiction' and your laughter turns to tears...)
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (Yep, I saw it. Its like a Kung-Fu version of 'Quantum of Solace'...only MUCH worse....)
Anything by Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer (Those guys are not funny, and never will be - even if they actually begun to try. Even 'Mr Socially Impaired' doesn't lower itself to this 'humour')

Haven't watched Twilight. Do not want to. The trailers alone send me into fits of rage - therefore I do not want to subject myself to the actual movies. I also really want to watch 'Birdemic: Shock and Terror', but its not available round here. Thats why living in England sucks, you dont get to watch all the crappy B-Movies!

Last edited by Max Butcher (December 30, 2010 (10:27am))

YouTube
Max, She/They