Topic: LEGO NinjaGo Discussion & News thread

Another LEGO themed thing! I've just seen pictures of the new Earth Temple and I am very much excited. My wallet is suffering at the moment, what with looking to get my camera and all that. So anyways, discuss (Especially about this)!

http://toysnbricks.com/forums/download/file.php?id=697&mode=view

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Re: LEGO NinjaGo Discussion & News thread

I can safely say I won't be buying anything. City and Star Wars are my main interests, and it already costs a load just to get a few sets a year.

I don't make Brickfilms. I trade virtual hats.

ninjago looks weird they need a better theam mini/rolleyes

If I was to get one, the set at the beggining of this thread would be the one I would buy. The others are just like trading cards and other lame stuff in my opinion.

buikes wrote:

Weird ≠ bad mini/wink

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

Cartoonkid98 wrote:
buikes wrote:

Weird ≠ bad mini/wink

Well said. But on this occasion, he's right.

fine then ninjago looks boring not cool bad anything i just don't like it mini/rolleyes

Genzarata wrote:
Cartoonkid98 wrote:
buikes wrote:

Weird ≠ bad mini/wink

That's your opinion because I like the look of some of the sets. They Have some interesting pieces

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

yes the buildings and sets are amazing but the theme is not. mini/no at least thats my opionion

Cartoonkid98 wrote:
Genzarata wrote:
Cartoonkid98 wrote:

Weird ≠ bad mini/wink

That's your opinion because I like the look of some of the sets. They Have some interesting pieces

Well, if you want to get them for the pieces, you're quite right; there are some unique bits and bobs. But I don't like some of the sets at all. The motorbike is just ugly.

BTW i love stating my opinions on LegOpinions topics mini/lol

Genzarata wrote:

The motorbike is just ugly.

Aw, pity you should mention that, because that's the one I have. it's a heck better then I imagined it to be, but I can see how people who don't have it may feel resignation towards it.

As for the comments on the sets, I find you all quite shallow minded. For one, the sets have some fabulous pieces, and the architectural design on the more orient buildings, and this one is particularly nice. Plus the piece count is regularly high, so while you might be whining about the theme, I appreciate the intricate designs that are woven on the buildings, just as the dragon window designs.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I prefer the temple other than anything else. Though I'd rather save my money- but if I got a temple, I'm do an Ancient Chinese Myth/Tale. That vehicle is too high tech, even for ninjas. Ninjas are supposed to be Stealthily [/shameless self promotion mini/wink ] If I could have a close look at the torsos and/or heads, it might just change my mind on buying one of these sets. Every head has it's on personality.

The ninja stuff isn't bad, but the skeleton-themed sets are atrocious. Also, the $10 minifig/spinner sets are rather bad. These sets feature some nice and unique pieces, but the design seems like 4 or 5 different concepts all cobbled together. I may pick up some of the smaller sets for the figures and weapons, possibly the larger sets if they're on clearance or a great sale.

Yes the buildings are great but stuff like the tops and arenas are scary bad. mini/sad

May I remind you that the spinning tops are not part of the set theme, they are a branch of the NinjaGo stuff. The buildings and vehicles are the bit which the topic is to discuss.

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

You're wrong in that regard. Ever since the announcement, the spinners and play aspect have been an integral part of the NinjaGo. Consider how it's been integrated with some of the sets and also the prominence it has been given in the official story materials.

Also, when over half the sets of a specific theme are dedicated to a play feature such as this, I don't think they can be called a spin-off (no pun intended). mini/wink

I saw a spinner set for £16.. £16!!!!!!

That's probably something like 25-30 USD!!!

Jargon wrote:

The ninja stuff isn't bad, but the skeleton-themed sets are atrocious. Also, the $10 minifig/spinner sets are rather bad.

It's like Beyblades...in LEGO.

Cool signatures have no pictures.

The minifigures of the ninjas are cool, but the rest look pretty stupid in my opinion. The big temple on the first pic actually looks really cool though, and detailed. But thats the only one that really grabs my attention.
I'm looking forward to POTC the most, but lets stay on topic.