Re: LEGO NinjaGo Discussion & News thread

I would hate to play that spinner game because you have to give weapons away! Anyways Star Wars, City and a few more types of lego are already good enough.   Though the minifigures are pretty cool.:D

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left." -Bertrand Russel
Youtube: www.youtube.com/LegoPeoples37 (Subscribe!)

Suit yourself folks, but I love the orient/asian feel to the buildings, and I'll definitely be sparing some money for the sets. And here's a video of the function used to release the dragon on youtube.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

LegOpinions wrote:

...I love the orient/asian feel to the buildings...

Oh, I agree, absolutely. They're fantastic designs, and perfect for a ToY entry, should you wish to buy a few anyway. The dragon popping out is mighty impressive too. But I'm not currently on a big enough 'salary' or 'paycheck' or whatever to buy Star Wars, City and the occasional Ninjago set. Lego's waves are often overwhelming.

I don't make Brickfilms. I trade virtual hats.

The spinner game looks stupid, but I got the "starter set" for my birthday and I played it and GUESS WHAT? IT'S ACTUALLY REALLY REALLY FUN!
it is actulaly a pretty fun game and LegoPeoples37, You don't have to give weapons away. The weapons just represent lives and in the instructions it actually says at the end, "return all weapons to their owner", probably to avoid skirmishes among whiny 6 year olds...

I'm glad the sets are reminding me of awesome Asian culture! But I ain't probably buyin' this 'cause I don't really have any cash now....

Yeah I'm too involved in the new Pharaoh Quest sets!

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

Jargon wrote:

The ninja stuff isn't bad, but the skeleton-themed sets are atrocious. Also, the $10 minifig/spinner sets are rather bad. These sets feature some nice and unique pieces, but the design seems like 4 or 5 different concepts all cobbled together. I may pick up some of the smaller sets for the figures and weapons, possibly the larger sets if they're on clearance or a great sale.

I agree.

I think the Ninjas and their sets are great... (although too minimalist)
The idea of having a side game going on with spinners and cards is very cool
The animated movie looks good and helps kids get into the theme...

The choice of skeleton as bad guys might not have been bad were it not for the actual design of the skeleton minifigs and the motorized vehicules.
Also even if you were happy with the design... the characters portrayed on the cards and posters are not like in the movie AND are not like the minifigs...
-None of the Ninjas come with hair options (c'mon!!!)
-LEGO Ninjago Chopov (2114) does not come with the WWII Helmet... his head in both is completely different from the movie's
-LEGO Ninjago Krazi (2116) does not come with the Jester's Cap
... this makes most of the skeleton minifigs practically indistinguishable aside from shoulder spike colors.... and they look nothing like the movie's version...

Hopefully they come up with a 2nd (alternate) enemy group... or at least a group of rivals... like go completely cliché and say there's a spinjitsu tournament... and Sensei Wu sends his 4 pupils to compete against a rival Dojo...

But I'd love to see the whole spinner+card side of the game grow... add more cards and have custom decks

Last edited by Jerome (March 18, 2011 (11:07am))

BIG BUMP.

http://www.spielwaren-hegmann.de/lego/n … age-2.html  mini/eek

WHAT?

I still don't like ninjago,preferably because,well,let's face it:
The ninja sets are good,but the skeleton ones are WAY too unrealistic (doesn't ninjago happen in ancient times?).
The spinner game is fun,but the spinners are WAY too expensive (the regular ones should be $5,not $10!!!).
And now they're gonna have EVERYTHING hitech?
The boat is the only leaked set that i want,the others are just rubbish.

Doesn't LEGO realize that their themeis pretty much unrealistic?
Some of us (like me),want to make a brickfilm about a chinese legend where 4 ninjas have to fight skeletons,only with none of the hitech stuff.
mini/troll
CDP

I don't know if it is any Lego Universe players here, but now Ninjago has come to LU. The quest is kinda learning the earth, lightning, ice and fire by the Cole and the main ninjas. And of course, they are LAZY so you need to get stuff for them, olol.

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.

I wish the undead, dark magic-wielding skeleton faction utilized more realistic levels of technology as well. I simply can't take  such nogoodniks seriously when they ride vehicles like tanks and motorcycles.

Jargon wrote:

I wish the undead, dark magic-wielding skeleton faction utilized more realistic levels of technology as well. I simply can't take such nogoodniks seriously when they ride vehicles like tanks and motorcycles.

I guess you won't like the new 2012 Ninjago sets, which have the ninjas battling snake-people with both sides using vehicles.
You can see some pictures on Brickset.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

BUMP

Just wanted to let you know the new 2012 sets are on Lego.com
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Ninjago-ByTheme

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

2012 sets at Target,i saw them there when i was at target on December 2nd,but my mom didn't buy me any.
Yet.

-CDP

I really want this:
http://smashing-bricks.com/files/2012/02/nurem3-470x312.jpg
Ultra Sonic Raider

http://smashing-bricks.com/files/2012/02/nurem2-470x312.jpg
Samurai Mech
(I'm guessing that the giant snake is the Great Devourer from the T.V. show)

http://smashing-bricks.com/files/2012/02/nurem1-470x312.jpg
Epic Dragon Battle (4-headed dragon!!!)

http://smashing-bricks.com/files/2012/02/nurem6-470x312.jpg
Ninjago Minifigures
(You can see the backs of the NRG-Ninja)

http://smashing-bricks.com/files/2012/02/nurem7-470x312.jpg
Summer Sets display

And if any of you didn't know, the Green Ninja is:

Spoiler (click to read)

Lloyd Garmadon

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (February 8, 2012 (10:27am))

i want to get a set with lloyd and one with the purple snake (can't remember his name)

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

I think it's Pythor, and to get both of those, you will need to buy the Ultra Sonic Raider for Pythor, and either the Epic Dragon Battle or the Lloyd ZX spinner for Lloyd.
I think that I'll pass up this theme, as LOTR will take most of my money, and the Star Wars sets would take anything left over.

Pythor P. Chumsworth. Depending on how well the LOTR/Ninjagao/Star Wars/Monster Hunters sets are priced, I might get/not get a lot of the summer sets. mini/tongue

meh, these sets are OK, i got one for christmas, i liked the ninja i got, but the vehicle wouldn't be anything i could use in brickfilming ATM

http://i43.tinypic.com/a57vdl.jpg
Current Phase: Scripting, 16% done
View Update Thread Here

there's a set that's 4.99  with Lloyd, but its just him and some weapons, which seems kinda expensive, but yah, there's a bunch of cool themes this year, i was just disappointed with super hero set's, sent's all but two where just the batman set updated ( but the other two are super cool)

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.