Re: BiM 2011: TOY [CLOSED]

Pillow wrote:
Hazzat wrote:
Just Kidden wrote:

I'd love to see a Fantasy theme for next year's official BiM contest.
(by Fantasy I mean Lord of the Rings, Fairy Tales, Narnia, that kind of stuff.)

So you mean historical fiction brickfilms? For some reason, that sounds familiar...

Things like LOTR aren't historical, they're set in different worlds. Calling Narnia historical is like calling the Matrix historical.

Yeah, Fantasy and historical fiction are different.
Narnia, (Though it's not now of course) was about people in modern times traveling to a fantasy world. So it isn't really historical fiction (Or wasn't when written at least), Hehe. Also, it would be nice to have it be all about fantasy, rather than a historical fiction contest where you get a few fantasy stories along with a pirate movie and loads of other stuff. I think it would be cool.

Also, mentioning the Matrix gives me an idea, what about a complete opposite of ToY?
Maybe we could have a contest about the future. That would be cool.

I hope Sméagol considers some of our ideas.
Some of these are pretty great.

The theme "futuristic" would likely only give stereotypical scifi films. Something that would not produce too much generic stuff would be good.

For the fantasy thing I think it would be cool if it had to be rooted in some mythology. If they decide that then I have dibs on the Salmon of Knowledge. mini/smile

What is the Salmon of Knowledge?

It's like this weird fish from Celtic Mythology who knows everything.
It showed up in Quiz Bowl one day and we couldn't stop laughing because none of us had ever heard of it and it was so ridiculous. But then I made it my Studio name. Because it's pretty cool. mini/smile

topitmunkeydog wrote:

It's like this weird fish from Celtic Mythology who knows everything.
It showed up in Quiz Bowl one day and we couldn't stop laughing because none of us had ever heard of it and it was so ridiculous. But then I made it my Studio name. Because it's pretty cool. mini/smile

Drinks all around!
Haha jk xD

That's pretty funny. any type of movie with people fighting and trying to get that Salmon would be pretty hilarious.

When is gonna be the end of judging? When will the results come out?

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Well, they have 28 entries to meticulously judge, so I say it could take up to a month.

Yeah, medieval-esque fantasy stories like LotR or several of the entries to this contest don't really qualify as historical fiction in my mind, since they don't have a clear connection to the real world and tend to be heavy on fantastical elements.

Judging is progressing, waiting for some of the judges to finish watching all the entries before we can start hammering out results.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sounds great Sméagol!

I just watched another entry which I hadn't seen yet, called 'Wright to fly'. It was fantastic, I think that will easily come in the top 3. I think:

1st: Wright to fly
2nd: The celebrated frog
3rd: Possessed

I would really like to see 'Sir clumsy Bob' come in there too, as well as 'Secrets of the lost tomb' and the 'Los Angeles river murder'. All these were very good too, but I think the top three might just take it because of their historical references and/or presentation.

I'm sorry, but I must point out that you forgot to add 'Marooned' to that list. Please modify it into first place appropriately.

I don't make Brickfilms. I trade virtual hats.

Genzarata wrote:

I'm sorry, but I must point out that you forgot to add 'Marooned' to that list. Please modify it into first place appropriately.

Wow really? mini/delirium I'm so glad you liked it! I'd love to come first, but anywhere in the top 10 will do fine for me.

Filmfire96 wrote:
Genzarata wrote:

Wow really? mini/delirium I'm so glad you liked it! I'd love to come first, but anywhere in the top 10 will do fine for me.

It's probably my favourite entry so far (though I haven't watched all of them), so I'm sure you will place rather high, if not win.

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

NXTManiac wrote:
Filmfire96 wrote:
Genzarata wrote:

It's probably my favourite entry so far (though I haven't watched all of them), so I'm sure you will place rather high, if not win.

Though it must be said, he was right putting 'Possessed' up there. I loved 'Wright to fly' also. These contests really bring out the best of the rest.

I don't make Brickfilms. I trade virtual hats.

Can someone give me the link of ¨Wright to fly¨?
I really want to wacth that film! mini/lol

emiliuc17 wrote:

Can someone give me the link of ¨Wright to fly¨?

Here ya go. mini/smile

Thank you!

I forgot to set mine to public! mini/lol

I need a new name! HELP

I'd really like to see a jungle/rain forest theme next year due to the damage natural rain forests receive, so we can support the many species who have lost their home.

I'm feeling it again!

Eh...that would be hard for many to pull off, IMO.
I think a fantasy theme, like LotR and Narnia would be cool. But that might be too related to TOY.