Re: BiM 2011: TOY [CLOSED]

Living LEGO wrote:

I think a fantasy theme, like LotR and Narnia would be cool. But that might be too related to TOY.

How is fantasy related to history?

I still like the idea of a disaster film theme or an adventure film theme. They would both be pretty cool.

Film noir would be nice too.

Back In Black!

Timothy R wrote:
Living LEGO wrote:

I think a fantasy theme, like LotR and Narnia would be cool. But that might be too related to TOY.

How is fantasy related to history?

I agree too many people got knights and pirates mixed up with history. It doesn't make it history because there are knights in the video it is history only if those knights do something that is historically relevant. I am also not saying all pirate and knight movies should be disqualified as an example marooned actually had some historic value.

Thunderbolt wrote:

Film noir would be nice too.

Yeah, that'd be cool.

I like the idea with a film with an environmental message. Or, we could combine that with the 2012 and make it a postapocalyptic, like someone previously mentioned.

topitmunkeydog wrote:

I like the idea with a film with an environmental message. Or, we could combine that with the 2012 and make it a postapocalyptic, like someone previously mentioned.

You mean "evironmental message" as a theme? Because I don't think that forcing everyone to convey a message they may or may not feel strongly about is a good idea.

OK..........now I'm starting to get a little impatient. mini/troll

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

We're pretty close to having results. I'd say we should have them in the next couple of days.

I think we might skip having a live results chat this year and post post a new thread with the results, in the interest of getting results announced sooner, and the fact that they're really not very much fun anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Great Sméagol!
I still think it'll be close between 'wright to fly' and 'possessed'. They both deserve to be in the top 3 I think.

Aw, come on Smiggle, the chats were fun.  mini/sad

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

I was so looking forward to another live chat! Well whatever I shouldn't say anything since I didn't even enter.

Filmfire96 wrote:

Great Sméagol!
I still think it'll be close between 'wright to fly' and 'possessed'. They both deserve to be in the top 3 I think.

What about 'Marooned?' Seriously, you have an excellent chance of winning.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/1z3baep.jpg
And the funny thing is, I don't even like donuts that much!
Youtube Channel

It would be nice if I made it in the top ten, but I must think realistically....
How about the top thirty!  mini/tongue

But anyway, I think the three winners should be:
"The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County"
"Marooned"
"Wright to Fly"
(Not necessarily in that order.)

But that's just my opinion.

Filmfire96 wrote:

Great Sméagol!

you forgot to add *Marooned* mini/smile

15:24    Timothy_R    you hear that
15:24    Timothy_R    that's the sound of me not giving a turd

Youtube

JaredSM wrote:
Filmfire96 wrote:

Great Sméagol!

He made Marooned, though.

EDIT: And enough people are already going 'You forgot Marooned!' And stuff like it.

-LASF

Last edited by LASF (August 8, 2011 (12:26pm))

LegoAndStickfigs wrote:
JaredSM wrote:
Filmfire96 wrote:

Great Sméagol!

He made Marooned, though.

EDIT: And enough people are already going 'You forgot Marooned!' And stuff like it.

-LASF

I know he made marooned mini/rolleyes , and I don't really care about the last thing you said either

15:24    Timothy_R    you hear that
15:24    Timothy_R    that's the sound of me not giving a turd

Youtube

LegoAndStickfigs wrote:

And enough people are already going 'You forgot Marooned!' And stuff like it.

I know, I'm pretty happy to hear so many of you liked my film. mini/bigsmile

And I'm not really fussed at all on a chat myself. I don't really do chats, announcing the results in a separate topic is a better idea (although I'm sure that if they were announced on a chat the results would be made into a topic also. I just don't really like chats very much, not my thing). I would love to win, but the top ten is good enough for me on a contest this size.

Well, the thing is, if FilmFire went around saying how Marooned was awesome and how it should win ToY because of how much better than everything else was it would look really weird. xD Even though it is a really great film.
Hahaha xD

I may have the wording slightly wrong here, but these are some pretty wise words on the subject:

If you glorify yourself, you will be humbled, but if you humble yourself, you will be glorified.

Has anybody even watched my film? mini/blankexpression

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]