Re: BiM 2011: TOY [CLOSED]

Aiwha wrote:

The link in "buikes" is the same one as the link in "BuilderBrothers". mini/wink

Fixed, sorry 'bout that folks.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

After the deadline, it's like nobody posts anything. mini/confused

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

My personal favorite out of all of these is "Marooned". It's definitely worthy of winning. mini/smile

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Smeagol,

Is there a TOY competition every year?
Thanks! mini/smile

-Supremacy

I'm feeling it again!

ShadowSupremacy wrote:

Smeagol,

Thanks! mini/smile

-Supremacy

Yes, a BiM comp every year. Not TOY. That's just this year's theme.

Last edited by TheLegoCammster7 (July 24, 2011 (01:25am))

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:
Back after taking a VERY FREAKING long break. 14 months, I believe. Anyways I'm going to be making films again. Much better ones.

No.  There's a summer contest every year, or at least there has been for a while, but the theme is different each year.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Cheers JK! It means a lot to me. mini/delirium

Just out of interest, has judging the films actually started yet? I know you've chosen the judging panel, but I was wondering if you guys have started judging. I don't see any reason to rush it though, Septemberfest judging took ages but it was worth the wait, the judges did a good job there (and that isn't just because I came second, I think all the other films were judged well too). Take all the time you need, judging all those films must take a long time (especially because one person made his 14 and a half minutes! mini/shifty ).

ShadowSupremacy wrote:

Smeagol,
Thanks!

Well, there is a big competition each year, but the theme changes. This year the theme was 'TOY', I believe in 2009 it was called 'STAR - Space, Time and Reality'(?), and last year it was 'Avant Garade' (that's probably spelt wrong, not sure). Next year there will probably be another official BiM contest with another theme. It could be BiM 2012: Armageddon, and we could all make disaster films. mini/wink

EDIT: Sméagol and TheLegoCammster7 got to the answer first.

Last edited by Filmfire96 (July 24, 2011 (01:40am))

Filmfire96 wrote:

Well, there is a big competition each year...

Then how am I seeing a bunch of contests this year like THAC 8, Mission Impossible, and BRAWL, along with TOY? mini/tongue

Edmeier Animator wrote:

Then how am I seeing a bunch of contests this year like THAC 8, Mission Impossible, and BRAWL, along with TOY? mini/tongue

Film Fire wrote:

there is a big competition each year.

the yearly BiM contest which usually last about half a year (Like ToY) is the only REALLY big one. Stuff like THAC and BRAWL are just really short things.

Filmfire96 wrote:

Next year there will probably be another official BiM contest with another theme. It could be BiM 2012: Armageddon, and we could all make disaster films. mini/wink

That's a fantastic idea. Even if it isn't picked up on, it should at least be arranged as a miniature contest (like UniLego's 'Mission Impossible').

I don't make Brickfilms. I trade virtual hats.

I personally think it's a little narrow. mini/tongue
Usually, the BiM contests offer a wide range of possibilities.
Such as in ToY you had all of History from which to choose.
I think "Mind-Bending" could be cool.

Well, I still like the BiM 2012 - Armageddon idea, that would be cool. Even if not the official BiM contest, I'd be willing to start it up and/or judge, though entering it would be fun.

-Rob

Hello BiM! Not making a comeback but may surf the forums time to time

- www.spankthatdalek.tumblr.com -

I'd love to see a Fantasy theme for next year's official BiM contest.
(by Fantasy I mean Lord of the Rings, Fairy Tales, Narnia, that kind of stuff.)

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Just Kidden wrote:

-JK

^ I like this.

Edmeier Animator wrote:

After the deadline, it's like nobody posts anything. mini/confused

Errr.......never mind. mini/lol

Why aren't there like year long contests?

I still want an 'adventure' theme, I think we should have that next year. Although I still think armageddon is a cool idea, maybe I'll hold it as a mini un-official contest. Would anyone enter that? Because I'm considering running it, if I get a sponsor. We need more 'saving the world' brick films. mini/wink

I'm assuming that judging has now started. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking forward to the results (not that I'm going to win anything), I think that there have been a lot of less known people enter this, and a lot of them have done really well, I'd love to see them win something. May the best film win! mini/bigsmile

Just Kidden wrote:

So you mean historical fiction brickfilms? For some reason, that sounds familiar...

MrGreenNorris wrote:

Why aren't there like year long contests?

Avant-Garde (the 2010 contest) was longer than average, although not quite a year. The result was less entries and overall lower quality because people would see the contest and think 'Meh, I've got loads of time' until it was too late. Also when something sits around for that long it becomes part of the scenery and people stop remembering it. To make a contest a year long would bring about even worse results.

There was once a year-long contest, I think. It was called Masterpieces of Brickfilming. It lasted for 15 months and almost everyone who said they were going to participate at the start dropped out. Only three people entered and Night Owl's film won everything.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Hazzat wrote:
Just Kidden wrote:

So you mean historical fiction brickfilms? For some reason, that sounds familiar...

Things like LOTR aren't historical, they're set in different worlds. Calling Narnia historical is like calling the Matrix historical.

A long time ago, someone had an idea for a contest called MOM: Mind Over Matter. I think that would be a good idea.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png