Re: Brickfilms/Bricks in Motion Split

Thats...great Eddie, but this happened around late 2008, not 2010. So you cannot really claim you were there.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

I lurked on BF from 2007 to late 2008. I joined BF in November 2008, which just so happened to be the time when BF pretty much died.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

RealBrick wrote:

Thats...great Eddie, but this happened around late 2008, not 2010. So you cannot really claim you were there.

What do you mean? I don't know what your talking about. I just lurked on the site. I didn't join BiM until this year. But your a lifer so that does entitle you to a lot of rank! D

Last edited by Eddie (October 12, 2010 (03:11pm))

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

I joined about 9 months after the whole ordeal. And I didn't really lurk the forum, I watched the films in the Directory.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Actually (though most people are unaware of this), we lurked on Brickfilms.com during 2007 and joined in either late 2007 or early 2008.  However, when our user was somehow erased (we have no clue how it happened), we didn't bother to join again and just went back to lurking.  When we discovered BiM, we lurked there a while, till we finally joined on October 6th, 2009.  Since then, we have totally left Brickfilms.com behind (except when we downloaded sound effects from it a year ago) and have moved on to a seemingly "bright and better" future here at BiM.  May BiM prosper and last forever! mini/bigsmile  *Have to stop sudden impulse to write a BiM creed.*

Last edited by BuilderBrothers (October 12, 2010 (04:39pm))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

I remember it pretty clearly. What a mess. mini/no

edited
[ugh, i misread and didn't see the 2nd page]

Last edited by Duke Boy (October 12, 2010 (05:14pm))

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

T'is sad.

Max Butcher wrote:

Oh, and Aled created a mod-free site called 'teh lolums', but it was closed after a short while due to a certain young Brickfilmer taking advantage of the 'no-moderation' clause. It was basically like the Cafe Corner, only with swearing, Rick Rolls, forum games, and very rude pictures/videos of women. Yeah, I miss it too....

That was such a fun site. I miss it terribly.

Last edited by Danimation (October 13, 2010 (07:30am))

I've been around for quite some time in the brickfilming community, in the sense that I've been watching and following them for 5, almost 6 years. I never lurked on the Brickfilms forums, but I watched all my favourites on the dictionary (My personal hero being Nathan Wells at the time), I also followed a few animators on YouTube as well, and generally enjoyed brickfilms as all were a pleasure to watch. So I can't say I saw any of the split, but when it comes to the history of animators and what happened with whom, I have a great deal of knowledge.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I knew of the split a month after I joined Bim. I saw RevMan post in the 'Happy Septemberfest everyone!' and I knew I'd heard of his name before, I then looked in some of his topics finding the link Jargon gave earlier. I read about it and the split was very interesting. I've been brickfilming for a year now but I only ever saw MindGame and Nathan Well's films, until two months after I started. When I lurked on the dead Brickfilms site, I found a link to Bim and here I am.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png

Being an active member during the split makes me feel really old.....

Danimation wrote:

That was such a fun site. I miss it terribly.

I think it could be revived if there was just a tiny bit of moderation. Ya know, just remove all disturbing imagery...

Last edited by Max Butcher (October 13, 2010 (08:39am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

The only time I think BiM could ever possibly die is from attack by aliens.  Let's all agree now that if the martians hold Smeagol hostage, we'll come get him.

Agreed.

I was there for the whole thing it was quite awful.

MadLibs wrote:

The only time I think BiM could ever possibly die is from attack by aliens.  Let's all agree now that if the martians hold Smeagol hostage, we'll come get him.

Agreed.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

Ok, I'm making a movie soon about the Split and I need info. Please inform me of: Who was there, what happened (in MAJOR detail), and almost all the info you can round up about the Split. If you were there, say so. If you know what happened, say so! A we clear? Ok, now I know that some people are going to gripe, complain, and/or yell at me for posting this, as there is a thread about what happened. DON'T! I need Cold hard facts! Not opinions and scuffed up stories. Please! Any information that you know is true will be appreciated! NOTE: *If you give me information or if you are named, YOU WILL BE IN THE CREDITS OR THE MOVIE. If you do not wisthis please contact me and I will remove your figure or name!* This truly will be a great movie if you cooperate. Thank you!

-EH

| Website |

Why don't you go and post this in Brickfilms.com, or at least look through their forums during that time period. And this should go in the Pre-Production thread, or something similar.

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

What did I say about griping, complaining, and yelling? mini/twitch

| Website |

I have an idea, why not make a film about something original. I don't see the point in a Brickfilm  documentary.
Just let the split die. It happened they came here, you weren't even there, GET OVER IT.
Jeez.

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

Ok seriously, if you aren't going to post stuff that I asked for then DON'T. Please.

| Website |

It wasn't that big of a deal, in fact it led to the creation of BiM. And is this a Live-Action documentary, because surely this won't be animated with LEGOS?
You see, sometimes I get spur-of-the-moment ideas and story plots that when I imagine being created would be AWESOME!!!! What do I do? I write it down, so that when I look over the pile of ideas, I rethink my idea, and it dawns on me its either impossible to make, or the way I would make it would ruin its... importance/story/whatever. This is in my opinion.

Read only the Boldface.

EDIT: this is my last post here. nuff said.

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile