Re: Things That I Would Like to See in Our Films

Errol wrote:

However, it is hard to convey serious things given the four expressions that a minifig head has. mini/smile

One of the reasons I don't put faces on my stikfas, I try to imply their emotion by body language and voice.

I have to try that one day, having faceless minifigs... Heck, i can barely get them walking though.

My favorite face to use is one with a helmet and opaque visor over it. (And this one. Not having a fixed mouth to deal with is awesome.) It's easier to convey emotion through body language that way, since what's on the face is left to the imagination.

I never plan on buying anything when I go to the Lego Store.
Strangely enough, I always wind up finding something that makes me ditch those plans.

LegoShark wrote:

I've pretty much given up on serious films.  I tried it once, it's just ludicrously hard to get someone to appreciate a serious Lego movie.

Now, I've showed a few people Grace, and they love it.  Most people say something along the lines of "Oh, bada**!" because it's a smooth fight scene with little Lego guys.  They tend only to pay attention during those fight scenes, though.  It's somewhat immature in our eyes, but that's what people want.

O.o, I loved Grace. I would love to see more serious films as they tend to have better animation and technique.

Happy THACing mini/sunnies

I can't take LEGO film seriously, I don't expect other people too ether,  if I want to make a serious film I'd use another forum of animation.

Same...I don't mind including some serious ideas and themes though because I think that's still possible (i.e. movies like Toy Story 2 can have real drama in them despite being based around animated toys).  In Unrenewable I tried to go for a blend of a humorous presentation with some serious undertones.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I started out once with the intention of making a serious brickfilm. This was where I ended up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDPTMNBDlIQ

mini/eek

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

I would like to see more neck-snapping, pixelated minifig nudity, and characters who speak in iambic pentameter.

Also, serious brickfilms are hilarious.

I'd like to see large-scale, choreographed-to-the-hilt musical numbers.
. . . and hear them, of course.
- Aaron

Jargon wrote:

I'd like to see large-scale, choreographed-to-the-hilt musical numbers.
. . . and hear them, of course.
- Aaron

Hah, I was thinking about doing something like that a while ago. I think that would be very fun to make.

SlothPaladin wrote:

I can't take LEGO film seriously, I don't expect other people too ether,  if I want to make a serious film I'd use another forum of animation.

SlothPaladin wrote:

I personally think it is possible. In fact, I have a serious film coming up. mini/wink

EDIT: Wait, did I just make a double quote?

Last edited by D.J.M. (May 11, 2009 (09:19pm))

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

goldenbrick wrote:

I would love to see more serious films as they tend to have better animation and technique.

Not entirely true. Sure, they may have some things you may not see in comedy films, like fight scenes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they have better animation than comedy/non-serious films. Have you seen Ben Cowell's 1,2,3,4, or The Adventures of Crispy Cheeser? I actually think those have much better animation than, say, Grace, because that style of animation works so much better with LEGO.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

I suggest we make more movies about good old Emperor Napoleon (Nappy) mini/bigsmile
Maybe a film on austerlitz or waterloo.

As far as serious films go, I'm past the "war epic wah wah" stage, but I still think you convincingly do a film that deals with very serious issues. Let's say you have to be conscious of the fact that it's LEGO, and not try to forget that.

I would like to see more fantasy brickfilms. There are very few of them.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

I would like to see a sad Brickfilm, one that actually breaks something within you.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Real Brick, I actually had a idea for a extremely depressing brickfilm.

It was called Christmas.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Some westerns would be cool, getting kinda tired of seeing space stuff.
We need more Medieval movies to.

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

We need more horror and mystery brickfilms.

Real Brick wrote:

I would like to see a sad Brickfilm, one that actually breaks something within you.

I actually thought of one, but it had too many similarities to UP.  (man I love that movie.)

Darkman wrote:

Some westerns would be cool, getting kinda tired of seeing space stuff.

For brickfilms, I recommend "America: Outlawed". 

But live action wise, westerns are pretty awesome.  When Jonah Hex and Twilight are over and done, I'd like to see a serious director create an awesome, gritty western that has all the traditional elements and not ending up completely cliche.  And also make a classic, true-to-roots Dracula for all the vampire lovers.  (I'm not a vampire fan, but even I'M offended by Twilight. mini/tongue)

Last edited by bloogyo (June 7, 2010 (04:15pm))

Real Brick wrote:

Meet "Cognizance".

This film made me shed tears of gold. MANLY tears of GOLD.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

More monkeys.

And more monkeys.