Re: Things That I Would Like to See in Our Films

ManVan wrote:

1.  Anyways, I've heard many calls for westerns.  Executed right, they could turn out really well.

I'd also like to see another western. The only on I've seen was America: Outlawed and I loved it.

Or maybe just another Grace type film mini/smile

StevieCollins wrote:

I'd also like to see another western. The only on I've seen was America: Outlawed and I loved it.

There were quite a few westerns in THAT5

Understatement.

I dont think I have ever seen a sucessfull Harry Potter Brickfilm either....

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

What about The Muggle Commando?

That one's brilliant.

LEGOStudios wrote:

...I'm just saying for example you wish there was another sequel to this movie... Then make it... you really want to make it then go for it.

Wait a minute. You can't just make a sequel to a film that you didn't create. If the creator of the original film wants to make a sequel, then he'll make a sequel. You, however, have no right to. You might be able to ask; I'd personally refuse, because if I ever decided that I wanted to make a sequel to my film after you did, it would be awkward, wanting to make, say, a The End 2, but there already being one.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

dewfilms wrote:

-Old school Looney Tunes style humor

Yes.

Leonardo812 wrote:

- Anything original. Put in an octopus, a man-eating tree, or an explosive bug. SOMETHING besides two guys sitting on a couch.

OH MY STARS YES.

Basically, think of all your favorite brickfilms, and then try not to emulate them. Except Leftfielder films and COTY. We need more comedies with unique plots/situations.

Edit: Also, I'd like to see more thinking outside of the box. I'd love to make a brickfilm without using a single minifig.

Last edited by Shale (February 2, 2009 (12:31pm))

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

Shale wrote:
Leonardo812 wrote:

... SOMETHING besides two guys sitting on a couch.

OH MY STARS YES.

Dude, we need to start a club or something. Instead of "Spread the Love," it could be "Burn to All Couches." Whenever someone posts a film that opens with a straight-on shot of two guys on a couch, we'd hold riots in the streets and protests.

- Leo

Leonardo812 wrote:
Shale wrote:
Leonardo812 wrote:

OH MY STARS YES.

Dude, we need to start a club or something. Instead of "Spread the Love," it could be "Burn to All Couches." Whenever someone posts a film that opens with a straight-on shot of two guys on a couch, we'd hold riots in the streets and protests.

- Leo

I like it. I'll supply matches and pitchforks.

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

I'd like to see something with a heightened sense of realism. Perhaps with more adult-oriented stories (and that doesn't even mean they need to be explicit, just maybe with a more sophisticated story and narrative), something that breaks away from the accustomed childish nature of a LEGO film.

There have been a few films that have done this already, but I would really like to see more films strive to achieve that goal.

Also, one other thing I'd like to see other brickfilms have is greater sound design. Too many films that I see use kind of plain sound effects and rather sparsely, when in reality there are sounds happening all around you. I've been doing my best with my last few films to up the quality of the audio, as I really think it helps to achieve that sense of realism I mentioned earlier.

Last edited by MindGame (March 18, 2009 (08:32pm))

Leonardo812 wrote:
Shale wrote:
Leonardo812 wrote:

OH MY STARS YES.

- Leo

I'll support that.

-Littlebrick, who's next film involves one guy who gets off the couch very early on in the film.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Leonardo812 wrote:
Shale wrote:
Leonardo812 wrote:

OH MY STARS YES.

- Leo

Hell yeah.
I agree with Mindgame, also.

I don't want to bump this.  Okay, I do.  Anyway, I think this thread should be revived because it is a great topic.  I'd like to express a protest of "win", randomness, unnecessary cameos, non-canon Dane Cook videos, mostly anything with drugs, and anything with LEGO puns in the titles in releases.  I feel like these things are intentionally put into the films, and honestly it gets on my nerves.  If you are a "win" person, keep doing what you're doing, but I would just like to object to it.  I think that rather than making these types of films, some original, provocative (not sexually) material could be created.  As has been said, originality, people.

Littlebrick wrote:
Leonardo812 wrote:
Shale wrote:

OH MY STARS YES.

- Leo

I'll support that.

-Littlebrick, who's next film involves one guy who gets off the couch very early on in the film.

I'll support that

ManVan wrote:

unnecessary cameos, non-canon Dane Cook videos

These two in particular get on my nerves. Brickfilming is not about spreading inside jokes. It's about making good films. Just with LEGO. Or (heresy warning) other brick-like toys.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

TheNoodle26 wrote:
ManVan wrote:

unnecessary cameos, non-canon Dane Cook videos

These two in particular get on my nerves. Brickfilming is not about spreading inside jokes. It's about making good films. Just with LEGO. Or (heresy warning) other brick-like toys.

KILL IT WITH FIRE

Two things I'd personally love to see are more intricate storylines and more refined storytelling.

I want to see less realism and more cartoony animation, nothing makes me as sad as someone asking how they can make there animation 'more realistic' these are cartoons with LEGO we should have OVER THE TOP animation!  When people run to fast they should break through walls, walk on air and/or water. When people are punched they should fly across the room and the films should be VISUALLY FUN TO WATCH.

our movies are also lacking ghosts, mad science, musicals, space vikings, and super villains with plans to destroy the entire world.

I want to see more historic themed brickfilms maybe The Revolution or more lego films about the Napoleonic Wars and such, the ones out there right now are very... well they suck mostly.

SlothPaladin wrote:

our movies are also lacking ghosts, mad science, musicals, space vikings, and super villains with plans to destroy the entire world.

YES!!!

I wanna see more spacemen throwing stuff at each other.
I also agree with SlothPaladin's idea.