Re: Things That I Would Like to See in Our Films

I would like to see a film with an authentic Eddie Van Halen minifig...

-Antifaan

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Antifaan/KISS/kiss_banner_2.jpg

More brickfilms with Chuck Norris.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

I would like to see films with more practical effects, like plastic wrap for water, or some of the effects used by Night Owl in Crucible. Another thing would lack of dialouge. However, one thing I would love to see would be more lively animation. All the films now seem to use a very mechanical style, and it's started to ruin otherwise great films for me. That's one thing that I am going to improve on in all my future projects.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Leonardo812 wrote:

- Anything original. Put in an octopus, a man-eating tree, or an explosive bug. SOMETHING besides two guys sitting on a couch.

Bastetta wrote:

A film which is not based on anything, like Indiana Jones or Batman. Something that is of your own.

Squash wrote:

More brickfilms where people do what they want to see, rather than what other people want.

YES.

Other things I'd like to see, in no particular order:
1. A good action film. The list of films with good old-fashioned fight scenes and car chases is way too short.
2. I think a Toy Story-style film that combined live-action footage of actors with an animated cast of minifigs might be interesting. I seem to remember one film like this in the directory back at the old home, but that's it.
3. Bond. James Bond.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

dewfilms wrote:

-Old fashioned Romance/Love Story

I was actually going to say we need more of those. I've been thinking of making one for a while.
Also, some action thrillers would be nice, if someone could pull that off that would be a great achievement in "Moving Brick Movies". mini/smile

TheNoodle26 wrote:

3. Bond. James Bond.

This.

Last edited by filmyguy (January 31, 2009 (08:19pm))

I'd like a brickfilm, where there's a little bit of everything, some comedy, a little romance, suspense, action, and utter...emotional reaction.

this would probably be very hard to succeed in. Yet, I would try it, with the story of Airborn (Skybreaker, Starclimber).....Kenneth Oppel's books.

I want to see a better CGI brickfilm. Like this one.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra

Littlebrick wrote:

I want to see a better CGI brickfilm. Like this one.

I actually thought that this one was pretty good.

- Leo

That one was good too. But my point is, I am sick of LDraw figures being used in CGI films. They just look too boxy. But in Nice Pants!, you can't see each individual face on the figure, and it looks so much better.

I'd like too see more action and horror movies. I mean movies that use the genre well.

-Jimmybob

Move over Rover, let Jimi take over.
[email protected]

I wanna try to do something like Cloverfield (handheld camera, monster, exc.)
If done well, that would look awesome. mini/bigsmile

Gonna try that now
*walks off*

Ummm... I don't really see the point here.We do our movies the way we want to make them.If you feel you want this kind of film or this kind of film then get up and do it.There is no point of waiting forever.

LEGOStudios wrote:

Ummm... I don't really see the point here.We do our movies the way we want to make them.If you feel you want this kind of film or this kind of film then get up and do it.There is no point of waiting forever.

I think this thread is here to inspire people, not to force people to make a certain genre of a film. mini/confused

*sigh* I am NOT trying to force people.I'm just saying for example you wish there was another sequel to this movie or you wish there was a movie about a fat drunk guy who explodes out of no where.Then make it.I'm not saying you HAVE TO OR ELSE!Anyways...yeah unless you really want to make it then go for it.

I'm all about story. A well thought out story with a protagonist, antagonist, conflict and a resolution is always nice...especially if it's coherent and doesn't just drop off unexpectedly. While fun, short little films are great (most of my films), I'd like to see more developed stories.

Cheers!
-Nich

"See...this is why we can't have nice things."
21:05 Nich: Am I a purdy lady? : D
21:05 Smeagol: yes?

LEGOStudios wrote:

*sigh* I am NOT trying to force people.I'm just saying for example you wish there was another sequel to this movie or you wish there was a movie about a fat drunk guy who explodes out of no where.Then make it.I'm not saying you HAVE TO OR ELSE!Anyways...yeah unless you really want to make it then go for it.

I'm just saying to inspire people to explore different things and ideas! The ones who aren't filled ideas and with things they want to do.

This should be stickied, perhaps.  Anyone who needs inspiration, come here.

1.  Anyways, I've heard many calls for westerns.  Executed right, they could turn out really well.
2.  I would like to someone attempt an old-school silent film with the captions after the actions.
3.  It would be awesome if someone could make me feel like I was just a small speck in the universe.  I always am so connected with these movies.  If you don't get what I mean, think epicly epic.

Dewfilms, this is a wonderful topic.

TheNoodle26 wrote:

2. I think a Toy Story-style film that combined live-action footage of actors with an animated cast of minifigs might be interesting. I seem to remember one film like this in the directory back at the old home, but that's it.

The Magic Portal?

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Good idea, TheNoodle26, and I agree with ManVan about the westerns. You can never have too many Westerns.
Oh, and monkeys.

I think there are too many films out there that are short and rather bland. I'd like to see people make films that are unique and memorable.