Topic: I'm sick of it!

All un-necessary threads are locked because Night Owl don't like them.
The coffee shop is for un-necesarry things, so... why do they lock them?
I starting to feel a BF atmosphere in here, and that's not good...

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Re: I'm sick of it!

I think the coffee shop is for discussion of general topics, not for random nonsense. I for one welcome our owl overlords.

Night Owl locks the crap that is just SPAM, spam is bad, civilized discussion is good, so is discussion on hot actresses.

Solution: Make more intelligent discussion.

T.G-Tom wrote:

All un-necessary threads are locked

I want to make it clear that you can't just post anything in here, and I try to be as objective as I can.

So, like, I was thinking of making a topic about trimming my nose hairs.

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

Weasley wrote:

There are very good reasons for Night Owl to lock those threads, most are from impersonators or people using fake accounts.

Yeah, those people are real idiots, aren't they?

Night Owl wrote:
Weasley wrote:

There are very good reasons for Night Owl to lock those threads, most are from impersonators or people using fake accounts.

...Are you hiding something, Night Owl?

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Let's take a look at the last 5 threads to be locked:

One is a thread that was agreed to be locked by those posting in it.
One is a thread that's been done before that leads to +1 posts without discussion.
One is a guy basically spamming.
One is a response to a previously locked thread, that could have been discussed through PM.
And finally, one is another +1 post thread about avatars... Which constantly change anyways.

I think there was good reason to lock those threads.

People won't be people when they hear this sound.

Weasley wrote:
Night Owl wrote:

Are you at all talking about me using this account? Because I don't see myself using 2 accounts? Do you? I'm sticking with this account, if you don't like that what objections do you have to make, it's partly because of my personal security on the internet, which I lacked consideration of before a few weeks ago.

-Weasley

I think that Night Owl was also probably referring to your many accounts and impersonations in the past on Brickfilms.com.

T.G-Tom wrote:

I starting to feel a BF atmosphere in here, and that's not good...

I'm not sure I follow you here.  Brickfilms.com isn't very heavily/well moderated at all right now.  There's not a lot of thread locking going on there, they let arguments get out of hand before locking them.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

You know all this stricter moderation is good. It's all in a bid to bring the community back to a dignified standard. A standard it lost on the unmoderated BiM.

RP Hoogle wrote:

You know all this stricter moderation is good. It's all in a bid to bring the community back to a dignified standard. A standard it lost on the unmoderated BiM.

I could hug you.

But instead I'll comment to say that if you really hope to keep up a high standard for BiM, ban Aled's pants off and stop fooling around with him. He has never caused anything but trouble for our hobby - much more trouble than is caused by unnecessary arguing.

- Leo

Last edited by Leonardo812 (January 24, 2009 (06:20pm))

These past two posts are 100% true.

Most of the locked threads are duplicates. EX: I made Brickfilm Caption Contest. There already was Name that frame so it was locked.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

I dont think Night Owl Locks every thread. He did close my thread, but my thread was kind of un-necessary.

Persist.

I agree with Leo and RP. Stricter moderation is good, and Aled needs to go.

Last edited by Badger (January 24, 2009 (07:08pm))

Badger wrote:

Aled needs to go.

We should pass around a petition or something. I would not be surprised if we could get 100+ people to support it.

- Leo

Signed!
mcoov_studios

Leonardo812 wrote:
Badger wrote:

Aled needs to go.

We should pass around a petition or something. I would not be surprised if we could get 100+ people to support it.

Problem is, he hasn't (to my knowledge) done anything particularly wrong on this site yet.  I'm not sure how to justify banning him here for vandalizing BF.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I see your point, but I haven't seen him do anything good on this site either. (please, correct me if I'm wrong.)