Re: I'm sick of it!

Matt Gillan wrote:

Locking my thread was just first class stupidity. I was willing to take the "Not" out of the title if people didn't like the idea of show casing the poorer films. This community won't improve unless you let things improve. Don't just lock a thread because you believe it has no chance, let it have a chance!! We could have easily sorted any problems but you just had to put your fat head in cause all this. Well done sir.

Without the "not", it would have just been the same as that other "what brickfilms are you looking forward to" thread. I don't think it added anything apart from the opportunity for people to take digs at other brickfilmers instead of helping them improve.

No, the idea was that this would a be a display of the best brickfilms of that month so that someone who is lazy like me, could look at this thread and find what brickfilms were great in that particular month.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/COTB/FunkyJunk/RUMBLE/mg.jpg

OK, I'll open it again. I have nothing wrong with bashing other peoples' brickfilms (as you well know) but you shouldn't do it in a thread that seeks to be a credible listing of quality films, as that basically makes someone feel like they're being rejected by the whole community.

But he has done several things wrong.

Weasley wrote:

This thread is about Night Owl locking threads, not about banning me on this site for doing "nothing".

-Weasley

He also phished the password of one of the members here (I forget who) and impersonated them on our IRC channel. So he has caused problems for this site as well.

But NightOwl has decided to give him yet another chance, so it is down to him now, lets see if he can keep to his word.

Last edited by Si665 (January 25, 2009 (09:22am))

Aled has probably one of those unresistable puppy face's.

http://www.thecuteproject.com/images/items/1639.jpg

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

i think night owl is doing a awesome job!

Project Secret

Matt Gillan wrote:

No, the idea was that this would a be a display of the best brickfilms of that month so that someone who is lazy like me, could look at this thread and find what brickfilms were great in that particular month.

Maybe if this site had a freaking directory up by now, you could just look at the top rated films submitted within the last month and then you'd have your answer. mini/smile

People won't be people when they hear this sound.

I think there was no need to lock the 100 things before you die thread. Maybe it's because some people said sex in it. If I put in a rule saying no sex related things then will you unlock it? Because there really was no need to lock it.

To be fair I agree with AEnima, the directory should have been up by now, there are LOADS of films that are finished.

Yeah. I think I remember Schlaeps saying that it'll be up in around a week when the site was up (27 December 2008 for me) and how long has it been? Nearly a month.

I've actually gone through all the applications and gotten together a good-sized list; I don't know what's holding him up.

I still love you Aled.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Can't wait 'til THAC is done with it and the prizes are sent off. I need a break from here. I'll probably go until the summer starts once THAC is done with.

Last edited by Steve (January 25, 2009 (10:28am))

Night Owl wrote:

OK, I'll open it again. I have nothing wrong with bashing other peoples' brickfilms (as you well know) but you shouldn't do it in a thread that seeks to be a credible listing of quality films, as that basically makes someone feel like they're being rejected by the whole community.

Okay but I would have preferred you to specify changes needed in the thread rather then abolishing the idea altogether. And Ænima, the point of the thread is for the directors to get more recognition for their work during that month.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/COTB/FunkyJunk/RUMBLE/mg.jpg

Weasley wrote:

Dewfilms and our lawyers would like to take a moment to say that we absolutely do not under any circumstances endorse, encourage or support the acts that Aled Owen has publicly discussed about.

Who wrote this?

Also I am no longer a "hacker" and would gladly like you to believe that, however as you refuse to believe that I can only hope that we can get to an understanding. I have changed since, as I have realised what the consequences may happen if I was to hack anything.

-Weasley

Please don't start flame wars, Aled.
Read my previous post again. This time, without taking offence to it.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

'Weasley' wrote:

I do plan on making a Brickfilm sometime in the future, futhermore I don't see Steve Collins or Old Ore making any films recently, they're not banned are they?

What the hell has this got to do with anything?

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

Steviecollins wrote:

I'll probably go until the summer starts once THAC is done with.

OFFTOPIC: Call me impatient, but do you know when exactly that will be?

Oh noes. I'm probally going to send this completely offtopic, and let this thread be locked...

(BTW: I would really like to host THAC7, but there is no way I could handle the Prizes)

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

Max Butcher wrote:
Steviecollins wrote:

I'll probably go until the summer starts once THAC is done with.

OFFTOPIC: Call me impatient, but do you know when exactly that will be?

Oh noes. I'm probally going to send this completely offtopic, and let this thread be locked...

(BTW: I would really like to host THAC7, but there is no way I could handle the Prizes)

-MRB

I'd still organize THAC 7, I'm only going to go until the start of the summer holidays (May 31st) if I go at all. Anyway, THAC 7 is going OK, we're a bit off schedule as oppose to judging but ti'll be done in ab out a week I'd say. The the public can vote after the judges have narrowed it down to the top 15 or 20.

About prizes, I can't handle them anymore either, but Will Chapman is kindly giving them out for us on THAC 6 and next year when I do THAC (if ye want me to continue) then he'd probably have no problem doing it for THAC 7 too. But only if it stays once a year on Winter.

-Steve

Shale wrote:

What the hell has this got to do with anything?

Aled's mind seems to work a lot like my brother's. Given the following list of reasons for not being trusted:

You repeatedly hacked brickfilms.com
You openly admit to ignoring your repeated bans
You actually asked to be banned, then ignored that too
You run a very real risk of endangering the future of this site by your actions
You don't make brickfilms
You don't contribute anything to the community
You behave in a generally sociopathic way

He thinks "that's so unfair - other people don't make brickfilms and they don't get this"

So many times growing up, my brother genuinely couldn't understand why he'd been grounded. Like the time he stole a car with some friends, or the time my dad came home from work to find him being chased down the street by a neighbour with a shotgun after heaving rocks through their windows - "It's so unfair..."

0ldScratch wrote:

or the time my dad came home from work to find him being chased down the street by a neighbour with a shotgun after heaving rocks through their windows

That's hilarius xD

Yeah, I don't realise he has done that much.

He ones tricked me into giving my password to him (don't ask ) mini/tongue

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]