Re: YouTube

StevieCollins wrote:

The Killers' youtube channel just replied to my message saying that I'm allowed to use any of there songs once I write "Copyright The Killers" in the description. And I asked if I could use Human.

Pretty cool that they have people to actually reply and not ignore your messages.

Now you see that is how it should be done. Full kudos to those guys, I really respect them for that. I wish everyone else was the same. As long as we aren't partners with YouTube and we aren't making any money at all and we give full credit to the copyright owners, then surely this is good advertising for their material and it may well gain them new fans and revenue.
We are doing no harm using a few music samples here and there, we make no money from it. It all seems very petty.

In the UK the PRS (Performing Rights Society) are going after everyone they can find, really aggressively, Hair Dressing Salons are being hit, because they have a radio on in the background - so they are 'doing a public performance' and need to get a license. Mechanics in garages listening the radio of the car they are working on, are being hit with legal threats for the same reasons as well.

The Music industry has gone to war and all it is doing it alienating the fans of the their music acts and their products. Very counter productive.

Some of you guys need to chill the eff out.

Brain Wave, it's not as though Rsteenoven has a monopoly on parkour brickfilms.

Matt, I hardly think Spugesdu intended to make a film ripping off both The Gauntlet and Capastroid, assuming even that he has even seen/heard of them. Don't assume every brickfilmer knows the existence of every single brickfilm out there.

MindGame wrote:

Matt, I hardly think Spugesdu intended to make a film ripping off both The Gauntlet and Capastroid, assuming even that he has even seen/heard of them. Don't assume every brickfilmer knows the existence of every single brickfilm out there.

I hadn't even heard of The Gauntlet up until a month or two ago.

Si665 wrote:

The Music industry has gone to war and all it is doing it alienating the fans of the their music acts and their products. Very counter productive.

Music belongs to everyone. It's only the record industry who think that people own it - John Lennon.

Last edited by Hazzat (January 26, 2009 (09:29am))

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Hazzat wrote:

boldngs

?

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

Hey guys,

IMO Rsteenoven's and spugesdu film looked quite similar(Both jumped and fell at the end, and they both have similar moves). Maybe I was going over the top with saying a blatant copy, though. I don't have anything against spugesdu mini/smile.

Hope I've cleared that up a bit.

-Brain Wave

Last edited by Brain Wave (January 26, 2009 (11:48am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

Dear Rsteenoven,

Thank you for your interest in the YouTube Partner Programme. Our goal is to extend invitations to as many partners as we can. Unfortunately we are unable to accept your application at this time. The current level of viewership of your account has not met our threshold for acceptance.

Applications are reviewed for a variety of criteria, including but not limited to the size of your audience, country of residence, quality of content and consistency with our Community Guidelines and Terms of Use. Please review the programme qualifications (http://www.youtube.com/partners) for a complete list of our criteria.

As we continue to expand, we hope to be able to accept a broader group of partners. We have registered your interest in the programme and will continue to monitor your account for potential future acceptance into the programme.

Thank you for your understanding.

I'm not surprised considering I only have 202 subscribers and 178,000 views.

I would try to sign up as a partner, but I'm apparently not old enough. I guess I'll have to wait two months, and then try. I also need to upload more copyright-free videos. I just had one of my music videos taken down, due to copyright issues.

I just hope 747 subscribers and 31,858 channel views is enough...

*(Edited spelling mistake)*

Last edited by Captain Bulldog (January 26, 2009 (06:39pm))

Since I'm under 18, I had to link my account to my sister's account...

YouTube wrote:

Dear CandiceJ,

Thank you for your interest in the YouTube Partner Program. Our goal is to extend invitations to as many partners as we can. Unfortunately we are unable to accept your application at this time. The current level of viewership of your account has not met our threshold for acceptance.

Applications are reviewed for a variety of criteria, including but not limited to the size of your audience, country of residence, quality of content, and consistency with our Community Guidelines and Terms of Use. Please review the program qualifications (http://www.youtube.com/partners) for a complete list of our criteria.

As we continue to expand we hope to be able to accept a broader group of partners. We have registered your interest in the program and will continue to monitor your account for potential future acceptance into the program.

Thank you for your understanding.

Wait... You have to be 18 or older to become a partner? BULL****! Forrestfire is younger than that! YouTube is so messed up!

*facepalm*

Or, you know, you could get a parent to help, like I know Zach (MindGame) did.  Forrestfire probably did the same thing.

What's with the conspiracy theories about Forrestfire being favored by YouTube??

Spudster wrote:

Wait... You have to be 18 or older to become a partner? BULL****! Forrestfire is younger than that! YouTube is so messed up!

It says on the thing you have to fill out that if you're under 18 you get your parents to do it.

It says something similar to that, but I'm not sure what it actually means. mini/confused

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Captain Bulldog wrote:

I just hope 747 subscribers and 31,858 channel views is enough...

That's plenty I'd say. But they might not because of some of your copyrighted things (like the Johnny Cash music videos) but then again what do I know. I believe Smeagol said he was turned down because of copyrighted material (Star Wars stuff).

StevieCollins wrote:
Spudster wrote:

It says on the thing you have to fill out that if you're under 18 you get your parents to do it.

Oh. Heheh. *Insert embarrassed smiley*

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/UberSocks/24.gif

GET DA BOOM MICROPHONE OUT OV MA FAAAACCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MindGame wrote:

Woah, did I say I had a problem with the film?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/COTB/FunkyJunk/RUMBLE/mg.jpg

No you just come over like your have an attacking arguement I think mini/blankexpression

I think it's because of your avatar mini/eek

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Hmm, I'm sorta stuck with something and I thought I could maybe get your guys' sentiment.

I'm working on the sound design for a film that's near completion, but there's one sound bit that I'm having a hell of a time trying to emulate. I'm considering just pulling one of the sound effects from the source material that I'm parodying, but I want to try and keep it copyright free for YouTube and such. However, since my film after all is a parody (and the sound effect would be used in a direct parody of one aspect of the material), would this fall under acceptable fair use?

Last edited by MindGame (January 28, 2009 (02:02am))

Depends how recognisable the sound is, whether the owner of the sound wants to make a fuss about it, whether youtube decide it's better to be safe than sorry, etc. PM me with details if you want, and I'll see if I can think of a way to emulate it.