Re: YouTube

Nathan Wells wrote:

What's with the conspiracy theories about Forrestfire being favored by YouTube??

Its mostly because Forrestfire blatantly uses Copyrighted material, yet is currently making loads of money from being a partner; Whilst many people here have had their videos pulled for copyrighted material.

Suspicious?

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

Who said  hes making loads of money?

Himself.

But has nobody taken into account what MindGame said?

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Max Butcher wrote:

Its mostly because Forrestfire blatantly uses Copyrighted material, yet is currently making loads of money from being a partner; Whilst many people here have had their videos pulled for copyrighted material.

Suspicious?

But there's no solid proof between the two instances.
With the recent Viacom vs. YouTube lawsuit, of course YT is going to tighten the reigns when it comes to copyrighted material.

I for one am happy that more 'moving brick movies' are being featured on the front page of YouTube. Also, an increase in the number of fellow filmers as YT partners demonstrates a very positive outlook for the hobby.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

He make's video's showing his check from google

and you get money if your a partner who has loads of views.

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Max Butcher wrote:

Have you listened to a single damn thing I said? If you would care to notice, most of his videos aren't...you know what, to hell with it, I'm not going to say it again.

Last edited by MindGame (January 28, 2009 (10:21am))

Max Butcher, YOU CANT MAKE MONEY ON THE COPYRIGHTED STUFF.

Mindgame, it depends. If you're shooting for partnership, you pobably shouldn't.

Are you allowed to take the effect, edit it a little and then call the new version your own?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

See you in a week. I'm off to the Torture chamber where I came from, and return when I have grown a brain.

Sorry for being a stupid peice of crap. You are justified in cursing me to hell, where I rightfully belong.

-MRB

Edited the 'anatomical' comment. -dewfilms

YouTube
Max, She/They

fib12345 wrote:

Mindgame, it depends. If you're shooting for partnership, you pobably shouldn't.

Are you allowed to take the effect, edit it a little and then call the new version your own?

He already is a partner, he wants to know if he can use the clip because he wants the movie he makes to be able to make money.

Max Butcher wrote:

See you in a week. I'm off to the Torture chamber where I came from, and return when I have grown a brain.

Sorry for being a stupid peice of crap. You are justified in cursing me to hell, where I rightfully belong.

-MRB

What a nice way to talk about yourself! mini/bigsmile You must have record breaking self-esteem!

Edit: and this nice post surely helped.

Last edited by Penta (February 25, 2015 (11:09am))

MindGame wrote:

Have you listened to a single damn thing I said? If you would care to notice, most of his videos aren't...you know what, to hell with it, I'm not going to say it again.

Then I'll say it again. Hopefully for the last time...

MindGame wrote:

If you would care to notice, this icon here...

http://www.mindgamestudios.com/images/misc/partnervideo.png

...is notably absent from the majority of his videos. If you missed that, the lack of ads on most of his video's pages is another giveaway.

For the ones that he has submitted for revenue sharing, don't forget that his videos score hundreds of thousands of views on average.

If you look carefully at all of his videos, you will see that the only videos (I'm aware of) that are partner videos are the live action and most of the flash animation ones. He also has a store. He's on Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. He gives the audience what they want in his videos: he makes them laugh.

On a more positive note...
What forrestfire has done is provide a possible outline for how to be successful on YouTube. Nothing is stopping any of you here from doing just what forrestfire has done.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

StevieCollins wrote:

I believe Smeagol said he was turned down because of copyrighted material (Star Wars stuff).

Nope, I never said that.  I do have 10 Star Wars videos out of my total of 23 videos (that's including the 3-video Attack of the Drones, a making-of vid for Bane of the Sith, and standard def and HD versions of Bane of the Sith) but given darthmilo and forrestfire, who mostly don't use their copyright infringing videos for revenue sharing, I doubt that's the problem.  I don't have a very large accumulation of total views, and I don't have very many videos either, so I think that might be part of the issue.  I'm going to reapply once I have my view count up a little more.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I think one aspect that people are forgetting is the fact that YouTube is seeking people who actively update their channel and upload new content often.  They don't want to give partnership to a channel that's going to go stagnant in a few months.  I make a point of uploading a video every two weeks or so, or even more often if possible.  Once I run out of my video tutorials, I have a few ideas up my sleeve on how to keep my channel active while I'm in school.

Quite frankly, YouTube isn't looking for quality.  They're looking for quantity: lots of views, lots of videos, and frequent updates.

And, finally, for the love of the brick people, listen to MindGame and Dew, read what they're saying and actually understand it before attempting to make another comment.

YouTube comments are really starting to annoy to me, I don't like misinformation on my videos so I feel compelled to correct people.  A ton of people have accused me of ripping off Wall-E in Unrenewable, I added a note in the description that I made this movie before Wall-E some time ago but it hasn't stopped this from happening.  Wall-E borrowed a lot of elements from the film Silent Running, as in, it's fairly blatant if you've seen that movie, and Unrenewable was somewhat inspired by that movie as well.  I've also been getting a lot of people trying to correct me on inaccuracies relating to Star Wars history in some of my videos.  It's kind of unnerving, though, because they're always wrong and I'm afraid I actually know enough to refute them.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

That's YouTube for ya.

I'm eagerly awaiting Gears of War-related flame wars to break out on my latest film in the next few days.

Sméagol wrote:

A ton of people have accused me of ripping off Wall-E in Unrenewable, I added a note in the description that I made this movie before Wall-E some time ago but it hasn't stopped this from happening.

Even if you plastered the whole video with annotations that read 'READ VIDEO DESCRIPTION' there would always be a few that didn't. You just can't win.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

You know what we need?
We need a bricktube.com.
Now who could make that? mini/confused

D.J.M.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Sorry for the double post but I found something that might interest you. I'm not trying to say that I hate Forestfire 101 but this shows how people love him so much.

http://www.youtube.com/user/forestfire101rules

D.J.M.

P.S. Smeagol, did you know Unrenuable is on the front page of Forestfire 101's youtube account?

Last edited by D.J.M. (January 30, 2009 (02:32am))

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.