Re: YouTube

I mailed them a question days ago and still no reply mini/sad

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

no one sees my videos! I think they are better than some I've seen that get 5 stars, and like 2000 views. Whats up with dat?
clicky
\/\/\/\/

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

MMproductions wrote:

no one sees my videos! I think they are better than some I've seen that get 5 stars, and like 2000 views. Whats up with dat?
clicky
\/\/\/\/

no...
You only have 140 views on your most viewed.

Picking the right tags can help you get noticed.

StevieCollins wrote:

I don't think that's Buxton.

I assure you, it is Buxton.  His (hidden) email address for the account proves it.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Maggosh wrote:

Let the boy dream.

The world is a cruel place. Best to learn that at a young age.

MMproductions wrote:

I think they are better than some I've seen that get 5 stars, and like 2000 views. Whats up with dat?

Remember, Youtube has crappy Lego Muuveys featured. Most Youtubers have little sense of perfection or quality (though, if they subscribe to me, their awesome mini/bigsmile)

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

0ldScratch wrote:

So, for those who are already partners, how long does it usually take before ads appear on the videos you've selected for revenue sharing? Youtube don't go out of their way to explain the whole process.

Hey Buxton.

YouTube has to approve your video before it can be a part of the revenue sharing program (this much should be obvious). It generally doesn't take that long, maybe a few hours tops.

MindGame wrote:

I swear, I've mentioned the fact that Partners are free to upload copyrighted content without the chance to make money from them at least 4 separate times.

I'm not even a partner and the other day, I uploaded a video, and they removed it because it detected a copyrighted song in it.

-LBJ

AHH THE JET SET '60'S, THANKS NANCY!
Youtube | JM-Music | Facebook
"But 3D is cool as nipples, man. " - Jimmybob

Quite a few of us get that; myself included.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

The Killers' youtube channel just replied to my message saying that I'm allowed to use any of there songs once I write "Copyright The Killers" in the description. And I asked if I could use Human.

Pretty cool that they have people to actually reply and not ignore your messages.

Last edited by Steve (January 24, 2009 (12:16pm))

MindGame wrote:
0ldScratch wrote:

So, for those who are already partners, how long does it usually take before ads appear on the videos you've selected for revenue sharing? Youtube don't go out of their way to explain the whole process.

Hey Buxton.

YouTube has to approve your video before it can be a part of the revenue sharing program (this much should be obvious). It generally doesn't take that long, maybe a few hours tops.

Yeah, that's usually the case for me, though sometimes it takes up to a day for the ads to appear.  If it takes any longer than that, it probably means they're suspicious about the video, and are about to email you demanding for proof that you have the rights to the content in the film.  This happened to me when I submitted 30 Years: The Story of the Minifigure.  I just had to provide signed letters from my contact at LEGO, from Nikolas, who wrote the music, and from my sister, who painted the backgrounds.  Eventually everything worked out and the video got ads.

Yeah, that's usually the case for me, though sometimes it takes up to a day for the ads to appear.  If it takes any longer than that, it probably means they're suspicious about the video, and are about to email you demanding for proof that you have the rights to the content in the film.  This happened to me when I submitted 30 Years: The Story of the Minifigure.  I just had to provide signed letters from my contact at LEGO, from Nikolas, who wrote the music, and from my sister, who painted the backgrounds.  Eventually everything worked out and the video got ads.

Dude?!
Is YouTube really THAT anal nowadays when it comes to the partner program?

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

It's going to be fun trying to get my Red vs Blue film through then.

Yeah. It's understandable that they want to make sure that you have full rights to your film, but they sometimes tend to take their policy way too seriously.

Last edited by MindGame (January 24, 2009 (01:47pm))

MindGame wrote:

Yeah. It's understandable that they want to make sure that you have full rights to your film, but they sometimes tend to take their policy way too seriously.

And, in Forrestfire's case, too lightly.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

I wrote:

Most of forrestfire's and darthmilo's videos actually haven't been submitted for revenue sharing if any of you would care to notice.

MindGame wrote:
I wrote:

Most of forrestfire's and darthmilo's videos actually haven't been submitted for revenue sharing if any of you would care to notice.

Forrestfire101 on the old Refugee Camp wrote:

Guys, its so awesome, I'm making hundreds of dollars off YouTube through my partnership! They just sent me 200 bucks now this month there sending me another 500! I'm gonna get an X-Box Elite.

Mind explaining that?

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

If you would care to notice, this icon here...

http://www.mindgamestudios.com/images/misc/partnervideo.png

...is notably absent from the majority of his videos. If you missed that, the lack of ads on most of his video's pages is another giveaway.

For the ones that he has submitted for revenue sharing, don't forget that his videos score hundreds of thousands of views on average.

Last edited by MindGame (January 24, 2009 (02:34pm))

I think he was just trying to make the people criticizing him feel bad.

YouTube is exactly as strict with their policies as they should be. If you feel you're in the right, just message them. They'll listen.

I recently submitted a film with a parody version of a copyright-protected song in it. YouTube asked me to verify that I held the rights to all the material in the video, and all I had to do was cite a relevant supreme court case. They approved it immediately.

Edit: I could have sworn someone posted asking what case I cited, but I guess I either imagined it or the post was deleted. I cited Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music,.

Last edited by Krick (January 24, 2009 (03:21pm))