Re: Café Corner

LPGPictures wrote:

Side note: Just got back from Bricks by the Bay. A lot of cool displays and I picked up some cool loot. If anyone is in the area for next year's I'd suggest it.

Aw, man. Reading this makes me I wish I had arranged some way to meet up with you there. Would've been cool to meet you. Maybe next year, though. Did you talk to the BuilderBrothers at all?

I'd also recommend Bricks by the Bay if you live near there. It's really cool.

Harborlight wrote:
William Osborne wrote:

Are you like the only woman on BIM? mini/lol

There's Dew_Films, and probably many others. Just not many are very active.

Quoted from this thread…

Active Female Brickfilmers/members
-AC Films
-Brick7
-Dewfilms
-mama monkey, from thefourmonkeys

Inactive Female Brickfilmers/members
-Becksterqueen (Timboh's sister)
-Blue
-EmmaExecute
-Euphreana
-J.TProductions
-Sparks Flying
-Trillspots
-witchbaby
-Xanadugirl6

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

I talked to BuilderBrothers and Twickabrick at "Bricks By the Bay", but I didn't know how to locate you, LPG.  Next year you will have to wear a red carnation in your lapel so I can find you (or maybe just tell us what you'll be wearing). mini/smile

P.S. Hi Dew, A.K.A. "Brick Chick"!

Last edited by Brick7 (August 9, 2015 (08:18pm))

twickabrick wrote:
LPGPictures wrote:

Side note: Just got back from Bricks by the Bay. A lot of cool displays and I picked up some cool loot. If anyone is in the area for next year's I'd suggest it.

Aw, man. Reading this makes me I wish I had arranged some way to meet up with you there. Would've been cool to meet you. Maybe next year, though. Did you talk to the BuilderBrothers at all?

I'd also recommend Bricks by the Bay if you live near there. It's really cool.

Yeah sorry I would have if not for me not even being sure I was going until yesterday. mini/tongue I didn't talk to anyone unfortunately, hopefully next year if it lines up this way again I'll be able to go for the full convention. I was wearing a blue AT-AT shirt if any of you recall, however I saw another guy wearing it so that may not be much help. Next year we should get a whole group of BiM people there. And maybe I'll wear that red carnation. mini/bigsmile

It's my birthday! mini/bigsmile

Happy birthday! Get any Lego?

END films wrote:

http://www.booooooom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/bday_02.jpeg

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Happy Birthday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H92hV5_eQeQ

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Does anyone know of any good methods for dusting Lego? I usually get a couple of que-tips and go through and dust between the studs with that, but I was wondering if anyone else has a better way of doing it.

END films wrote:

Happy birthday!  Enjoy this new year of your life that is but a teardrop in the ocean of the universe and ultimately pointless and  futile as we are all insignificant in the grand scheme of things and will all die without having accomplished anythin--I mean, hope you have  great day and get lots of LEGO and cool stuff...

Galactic Films wrote:

Does anyone know of any good methods for dusting Lego? I usually get a couple of que-tips and go through and dust between the studs with that, but I was wondering if anyone else has a better way of doing it.

If you have LEGO full of dust that won't easily come off, I recommend gently rinsing it in water and using one of those brushes used to scrub under your fingernails/fingertips to remove the dust in between the studs.  Then gently dry off.  It looks as good as new when you're done.  Alternatively, for loose dust on animation sets and suchlike, a small, soft paintbrush is really useful for removing specks of dust.

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (August 10, 2015 (08:18pm))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Galactic Films wrote:

-An old soft toothbrush
-One of those fancy microfiber dusting cloths
-Lambswool duster
-A can o' air (The compressed version, not the Spaceballs version.)

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Goat hair paint brushes work pretty well, that's what I use. I have different sizes for cleaning larger areas and getting into the little nooks and crannies where the more stubborn dust lives.

Personally, I use various sized soft paintbrushes, but I imagine a Blower Brush would work well, because you can brush and blow air on it.

http://www.hometrainingtools.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/324x278/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/O/P/OP-BLBRUSH.jpg

Of course, this will probably only work for minor dust. Lots of dust should probably be removed with water.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

END films wrote:

I'm a little late to the party. Is there any cake left? Happy birthday, END! I hope you had a good one mini/smile

Galactic Films wrote:

I have never brushed the dust off my Lego. I should think about doing that soon. A lot of my Lego is looking rather hairy now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y0Z_dW3FMI

Cool video here from digitalwizardz using many of the same set for each individual frame of an animated clip on a rotating table. A novel idea that I don't think I've seen done with LEGO before.

That's a cool concept. It seems pretty pointless to try stop motion with it, but I wonder if there would be any way to rotate it so it looks animated in real life? I can't quite think of a way to do it, but I'm sure there's an engineering genius who could.

That's the whole point of a zoetrope - it animates in real time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3yarT_h2ws

Ah. mini/lol

My bad.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions on cleaning dust off of Lego. mini/smile I'll have to try some of these methods.