Re: THAC 7 Judging -- Live Chat coming soon!

Leonardo812 wrote:

Don't know if this adds anything to the discussion, but a little while ago, an acquaintance of mine who had just started doing some stop-motion animation asked if I thought she should join any brickfilming forums and post her tests there. Like a good BiM fanboy, I said...

...nope.

Because there is no way on earth I'd feel good recommending that a middle school kid with high moral standards join a forum where people post videos about rape, and the mods are cool with that. Realize that by allowing a film as inappropriate as vik's to be posted on the forums, you are, to some degree, isolating your target audience.

I'm not promoting censorship or change or anything. . .

- Leo

Oh will you all SHUT UP. The argument has ended.That adds nothing to the discussion.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Just_a_Minifig wrote:
Leonardo812 wrote:

Don't know if this adds anything to the discussion, but a little while ago, an acquaintance of mine who had just started doing some stop-motion animation asked if I thought she should join any brickfilming forums and post her tests there. Like a good BiM fanboy, I said...

...nope.

Because there is no way on earth I'd feel good recommending that a middle school kid with high moral standards join a forum where people post videos about rape, and the mods are cool with that. Realize that by allowing a film as inappropriate as vik's to be posted on the forums, you are, to some degree, isolating your target audience.

I'm not promoting censorship or change or anything. . .

- Leo

Oh will you all SHUT UP. The argument has ended.That adds nothing to the discussion.

Actually, I think that that's the best and most important reply to this discussion, and I strongly agree with it.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4020/4257105526_54e6693713.jpg

Sorry Just_a_Minifig, but I though this was worth making a signature for. mini/smile

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

HOLY CRAP!

When will you get it?..

If vik thinks it's funny, he thinks it's funny.

If you think it's innapropriate, you keep thinking that way.

None of you make any difference in the scheme of things, it's the mods decision.

The MODS.

Let them handle this. I really hope a mod deletes the last two pages. -.-

Okay, chill, I just think BiM needs to see that we are just getting worse and worse with positive moral and not just the flipin video, I mean with people's posting, I think we should really think about the fact there are 9-year-olds (no joke) on this site. I cant believe us.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Hmm, I have chosen my top 10, but it won't let me type my username in the note bar. mini/confused

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Hmm..

What do you mean won't let you?

It rejects it?

Brickyman wrote:

Hmm..

What do you mean won't let you?

It rejects it?

No, when I click on the box to type my username, it won't show the blinking vertical line. Instead, it remains as if it was never clicked on and whenever I type, nothing happens.

That happened to me too, DJM. I refresed the page a few times and it worked.I did put my username in first before voting when it worked.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Ah, so did I.

Just try putting it in first.

Done. Thanks guys!  mini/smile

Good, glad to hear it! mini/smile

Have to say, I'm impressed with this years entries! And I'm sort of glad I didn't enter. mini/XD

I know what you mean Brickyman.  Mine would have not made the top three even if I had finished.

Top three? Lol! Mine wouldn't reach to top 50!

[/lolselfdoubt]

mine wasnt even completed, I ran out of time because in the middle of shooting, the set came down in everything but the camera (thank goodness for tripods) and the lights, I ended up changing the plot and ran out of time.

I didn't have the problem of having my set fall down.  Instead I took 12 hours building a good set that most of it would not have even been seen in the film.  Hence my uncompleted movie mini/sad
Maybe next year.  I would have been happy if I had completed something watchable.

It's disappointing that a thread about recognizing the top 30 entries became an argument over one person's disqualified film.

Leonardo812 wrote:

The film has been removed; I meant to do this earlier when it was disqualified.  It's a difficult situation because Brickfilms.com never encountered these problems, in the past we simply had content guidelines and people abided by them without much need for enforcement so I'm not sure what has happened.  No online community short of Club Penguin is going to be free of anything that some people will find offensive, because peoples' posts are instantly published, and I realize that, but I've been doing my best to try to enforce a set of standards that was more or less abandoned during the months of Schlaeps' administration of the site.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I actually think none of this is completely the moderater's faults. Sure, they could have closed the threads earlier, or not allowed the film to even be put on the film list, but it's really the people who make these videos that are the root of it. If people make lots of videos like this, then it's their fault and they're exposing people to it. LEGO and sexual stuff dosen't mix well at all.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

KG BETTER WIN OR I'LL BE MAD.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Just Kidden wrote:

KG BETTER WIN OR I'LL BE MAD.

-JK

Quite right!