Re: THAC 7 Judging -- Live Chat coming soon!

BGanimations wrote:

Yes, now you see my point after all those posts in your thread.

No, I was just thinking about how hilarious it would be if that happened in real life. But if the whole family saw it too with him.

yeah I'm joking.]

Good job BuilderBrothers at presenting your point.  There are people from every age group on here and I'm sure parents wouldn't want their children watching certain films.  It is not funny to portray or show that someone is going to get rapped.  It is a real thing that, sadly, happens to people and it is NOT A JOKE.  I just would like people to think and consider what I've and many others have said. 

Like several of you, I thought some of the top 30 films were questionable too on whether they should have been disqualified.

FilmsByDan wrote:

It is not funny to portray or show that someone is going to get rapped.  It is a real thing that, sadly, happens to people and it is NOT A JOKE.  I just would like people to think and consider what I've and many others have said.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/spastikchuwawaprodctions/wrinkly-rappers-550.jpg

BGanimations wrote:

I think (just look at the huge argument in the Mr. Depressing entry by filmyguy) that it's not actually what happens when something is made like that, it's the thought behind it. I think someone said something like "but it's only peices of plastic being replaced with red bricks.", but it's the thought of the dog getting run over as a crude form of animal cruelty that I see it as. Just imagine if you were a little kid and your dog got run over, and you were forced to see it.

Dont you DARE bring that up again!

Where to people post these Videos? Youtube. What age do you have to be to register on Youtube? 13. By then, if you dont know what rape is - you shouldnt be on the internet.

Can we just drop all these debates or else we'll be argueing untill THAC 8

-MRB

Last edited by Max Butcher (January 7, 2010 (01:19am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

MPfist0 wrote:

Vik, never mind if your entry was disqualified, there are really few people that can make a good black humour film, and even less that can make it in 24 hours. But nobody can beat you. You should be really happy with your entry and what came out. Same for T-G.tom, your entry was awesome, you should just be happy for that.

Thanks mini/bigsmile

Wether my so called " offensive " videos are funny or not, is a matter of opinion. Read the comments. And this is all so overreacted and taken way too seriously.

FilmsByDan wrote:

It is not funny to portray or show that someone is going to get rapped.  It is a real thing that, sadly, happens to people and it is NOT A JOKE.  I just would like people to think and consider what I've and many others have said. 

Again, that's just your opinion.

And Builderbrothers: I didn't make this video to offend people mini/confused  But to make people laugh, and I succeeded. Not everyone of course, but that's only normal. People are different, thats the way it is.

claskey wrote:

I doubt VIK would make find this topic funny if he had any exposure to it directly. Like someone he knew (Mother, Sister, Girlfriend). The one point most here have missed is rape is an act of violence not sex.

Not true, my grandmother has cancer, but I still make jokes about it. Why ? Because I find it funny and I also joked about things like cancer before she had it, and it would be hyppocrite now to suddenly act offended by those jokes.
I'm insensitive too most things, I have a dark personality and a dark sense of humor. That's how I am and I won't change, I don't want to change either.

Wooo...
Ok,
argument over.
No more Jibba Jabba.

FATALITY.

Flawless victory.

vik wins.

That's just your opinion.

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

Sorry about my misspelling mini/sad .  Nice picture though KG.  Of course everything here is one's own opinion.  I'm not trying to force people to do what I want by commenting on certain issues but just saying what I think.  It's your choice to agree or disagree as you've said Vik.

Last edited by Daniel (January 7, 2010 (09:16am))

Yep, no one is trying to force anyone to change their opinion - just to get them to think a little more about the consequences of their actions.  We'll just have to "agree to disagree" on this one.  Argument over. 

Good job everyone on your hard work and participation in the THAC 7! mini/smile

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

vik wrote:

Not true, my grandmother has cancer, but I still make jokes about it. Why ? Because I find it funny and I also joked about things like cancer before she had it, and it would be hyppocrite now to suddenly act offended by those jokes.

Okay, that just sounds sick. How could you laugh at a dying person? let alone your family! mini/devil

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

vik wrote:
FilmsByDan wrote:

Again, that's just your opinion.

So hold on, some one saying rape is bad is their opinion?

Well, technically it is, but it would take someone seroiusly messed up to be okay with it.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

It is bad.

Last edited by Daniel (January 8, 2010 (11:51am))

Vik, I think we have come to a very frightening conclusion that your THAC entry is not only innapropriate, but downright messed up.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Brickyman wrote:

FATALITY.

Flawless victory.

vik wins.

The only "FATALITY" that occured in this thread was the innocence of discussing a contest's results. My final  thoughts on this situation: Get over it your films did not make into the Top 30 stop making up excuses and move on.

Rant Over 

Anyways, congratulations to those who made into the Top 30 mini/smile

Vik can laugh with these things, you guys don't, so leave it. END DISCUSSION;

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Back on 'I Love Brickfilms' - god I miss those days when everyone had a sense of humour - we repeatedly made jokes about Darkman being Raped by Sinterklaas (the seemingly perverted dutch Santa Claus). I even carried round on my signature the quote "Everyone tries to rape Darkman" for a while. EVERYONE found it hilarious, and kept adding to this joke untill eventually no-one could top each-over because the joke was so funny. But now, everyone is like "ZOMG RAPE! DATS A SERIUS ISUE!!"

And have any of you actually watched Viks movie? The subject of rape is only implied. Its obvious the screaming at the end is the women screaming over the fact her ONLY CHILD JUST GOT THROWN OF OF THE WINDOW. There is NO RAPE apart from the word 'Rape'. So what the hell are you even arguing about?! DROP IT ALREADY!

Stud Studios wrote:

Okay, that just sounds sick. How could you laugh at a dying person? Let alone your family!

By making fun of the subject, you make the subject seem less threatening. Whenever I go on a plane or train, I run the risk of getting blown up by some guy in a turban with a big rucksack. But whenever this thought crosses my mind, I imagine Achmed the Undead Terrorist as the bomber ("SILENCE! I KILL YOU!!") and the fear is instantly gone from my head. Only those blessed with an outrageous and silly sense of humour can do this.

In conclusion:

Darkman wrote:

Vik can laugh with these things, you guys don't, so leave it. END DISCUSSION;

-MRB

Last edited by Max Butcher (January 8, 2010 (12:54am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

You do realise my post was a joke because vik seemingly ended the argument.

PLEASE do not reply with some smart-arse post, creating another argument. Just read, and move on.

mini/blankexpression

Don't know if this adds anything to the discussion, but a little while ago, an acquaintance of mine who had just started doing some stop-motion animation asked if I thought she should join any brickfilming forums and post her tests there. Like a good BiM fanboy, I said...

...nope.

Because there is no way on earth I'd feel good recommending that a middle school kid with high moral standards join a forum where people post videos about rape, and the mods are cool with that. Realize that by allowing a film as inappropriate as vik's to be posted on the forums, you are, to some degree, isolating your target audience.

I'm not promoting censorship or change or anything. . .

- Leo