Re: THAC 7 Judging -- Live Chat coming soon!

too late, and also, I DID look at quality. I just didn't vote at the films everyone is voting at.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Hazzat wrote:

Not for another eleven hours and sixteen minutes.

Doh!

T.G Tom wrote:

I really think KG's video is a bit overrated, and even Darkman's video (Darkman, please don't hate me mini/tongue ) gets lots of response and there's no-one that even cares about the Hitler thing.

I agree with one out of two. I didnt think KGs was anything special (but that may be because every video he makes is so random that this didnt stand out much)
Have to disagree with you about Darkmans though. I thought both his and Daraghs best fit the theme. And Hitler being a serious issue is like...so 61 years ago....

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

vik wrote:

He can say what he thinks.

And he already has.

T.G-Tom wrote:

I think Scypax must win, just because he got not much attention for a pretty darn good movie.

Wow, thank you very much for the support! mini/bigsmile And well, to be honest, my film is already doing better then what I was expecting. It has been a great honor being in the top 30's. But, I don't believe it has gotten enough votes to be in the top 15, and that's completely okay, because there were a lot of films that were better then mine that didn't even make it to the top 30. So, there are the best of the best in the top 30's and many of them deserve to win. In fact, I think they all deserve the win, not only the top 30, but all of the 71 entries. All these people made a stop motion of some kind in less then 24 hours, touching the imagination of themselves and others. I have realize that it is not winning that matters, but the adventure and magic of THAC.

I do think Cheshire did a great job on the reviewing. It was also very thoughtful of him to rate each and every film that entered THAC 7. The time and dedication he put into this shows that he cares. There is no such thing as a bad stop motion video, at heart. Sometimes the imagination can overrun the skills someone has. To me, it's not really about how good the animation is or how good the voice acting or effects are, but about how much imagination someone puts into the video. Not how the story is told, but the raw core of the idea. I do realize there are some "bad" brickfilms that are not enjoyable to watch because of the animation, voice, effects, or whatever. But everyone starts from somewhere, and as I just said, it's the idea that counts the most. To me anyway.

Anyway, I make films to entertain. But not only to entertain, but to explore your mind. I honestly put some A effort into all of my films. Sometimes they turn out bad, sometimes half decent. So when I get support of the slightest kind, it truly means a lot to me. This maybe a over-dramatic response here, but I guess I just can't stop myself from expressing myself.

So, I wish everyone who is in the top 30's the best of luck. For those of you who did not make it, just don't give up. Keep practicing, improve your animation skills, so you can start telling your story the way your imagination wants it to be told.

-ScypaxPictures

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Helluva post there, Scypax!Best of luck to all, I don't care too much,  I know I'm not going to be in the top 15, but just completing the bloody thing's fine for me.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

...aannd voting has now ended.  Congratulations again to the top 30, and the top 15 especially. 

In alphabetical order:

An Unexpected Surprise [Daragh]
Chaos Cupboard [CheeseyBricks]
Double-U Tee Eff [Shale/Captain Bulldog]
Expect This [Fancypants]
Framed [MooCJ]
H!el [Darkman]
Live 2 Sk8 [Bodville]
Robot Hunter [Leonardo812]
Sssssss. [KG]
THACOSIS [ahnt]
The Door [The Frozen Brick]
The Fortune Teller [Jon64]
The Salesman [Just Kidden]
Unexpected [thefourmonkeys]
Unexpected Mugging [filmyguy]

Now that you guys have voted,  I'm going to toss the top 15 over to a small panel of judges to select our three finalists.  Thanks again for voting, and keep watching this thread for updates on a THAC results chat!

Last edited by Cheshire (January 10, 2010 (08:18pm))

YEAAAH! mini/bigsmile

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Can you tell us who made the top twenty......? mini/tongue

Wow that's a fine body of work. Congrats to those that made it this far. I'd be curious to know how the sheeple bleeted.
If it doesn't create too much of a thread war what was the vote tally for each film?

You can’t have manslaughter without the laughter!

Great job everyone who made it to the top 15. mini/smile You all deserve it. ^^

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Pimpin' I made it! mini/bigsmile
Congrats to everyone who has entered/made it to the top 30/15, THAC is quite an ordeal to take part in!

Congrats to the finalists.

We were sort of leaning toward not disclosing full results until at least when we have full judges' results.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Darn, we didn't make it... mini/sad  Ah well, congratulations to all the filmers who made it to the top 15! mini/delirium
-
@Cheshire or Smeagol: When will the final three winners be announced?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

How did, The Camera not get in!!!

Cheshire wrote:

The Salesman [Just Kidden]

mini/confused

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Awesome, I'm in. My signature message worked like a charm.

DO YOU REALISE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!! YOU HAVE MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE!!!

Nah, I'm fine with it. To be honest, I almost had a heart attack when I found out mine had made it to the top 30 - so in my opinion, this is a huge acheivement, and I'm chuffed to bits to actually have a ranking in a major Brickfilming contest - particularly up against such big names. 

Dont worry though 'Impaired' fans.....I'll be back *T2 Theme*

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

Congratulations all you people!No impaired...darn.
Any chance of a votes breakdown,like how many votes each got?

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Congrats to the final 15 mini/smile!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

Good luck to the final 15 and a big thank you to everyone that gave a vote to "Live to Sk8".

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube