Re: THAC 7 Judging -- Live Chat coming soon!

There were some great vids to choose from!

Ok, there were some way better videos than some in the top 30.

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

You mean Vik's, don't you?

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Just_a_Minifig wrote:

You mean Vik's, don't you?

he said videoS <--- that means there are more

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

ahnt wrote:

&^%!@#& I chose only 7 can I just repeat the poll?

sorry, cheers Arend

Sorry, ahnt, you only get one shot.  This does not mean, however, that the rest of you should not vote for less than 10 films.

CheeseyBricks wrote:

Just wondering, are we allowed to vote for our own entries, I probably won't, but is there a rule against this?

By all means vote for your own entry, if you so choose.

T.G-Tom wrote:
vik wrote:

mini/confused

my toughts EXACLY. Were these people drunk when they chose the films?
I saw really good ones which aren't in the top 30, and some films in the top 30 are rubbish. I can't taking this serious.
And no, this is not because mine wasn't chosen, mine is just lame.

Nah, drinking's really not my thing.  I'd have you all remember that I was the only one to rate each individual film based on my own preferences and assessment of the enjoyment level of each.  No other member, Sméagol included, influenced me in anyway in my decision.  I rated every film with the intention of giving every entrant some sort of feedback. 

Last year, only the top 25 entries got any scores and at all, and I saw the disappointment in the figurative faces of all who scored lower.  Some films just made the cut, and some really good entries barely didn't.  For those concerned about individual entries, I'm afraid you'll just have to twiddle your thumbs until the results chat, where each one of my ratings will be released.

Finally, I've said this twice before, and I'll say it again: please vote for 10 films exactly.  Also, any ballots without your correct username will be disqualified.  I have had to disqualify some entries of people who didn't provide usernames, and like I said to ahnt, you only get one shot.  Keep on voting, people!

So you did individually grade them all? Great I would love to know exactly how I did

Damn it! I didn't know I could vote for my film.
I think someone said that you can't vote for yourself so then they were basically out. mini/lol
Anyways, still glad I got through.
I like the way people like me got through.
Not all the big guys get the medals. mini/wink

T.G-Tom wrote:
vik wrote:

mini/confused

my toughts EXACLY. Were these people drunk when they chose the films?
I saw really good ones which aren't in the top 30, and some films in the top 30 are rubbish. I can't taking this serious.
And no, this is not because mine wasn't chosen, mine is just lame.

It's not all about animation, voice acting and effects.
It's about the theme.

Last edited by Brickcellent (January 5, 2010 (01:20pm))

Darn my film didn't get in D:. Congrats to the top 30!

I voted mini/smile.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

^ mini/blankexpression

Anyways.
Good luck to all who made the cut! mini/delirium

mini/tongue  I knew I wasn't even going to make top 30. Good luck, I'm hoping that the people that deserve to win actually win mini/lol

The top 30 films are all fairly solid in my opinion; while they're not 100% of the same films I would have selected (Nich's entry comes to mind as one I saw and liked that didn't make the cut here) it just wasn't realistic to expect people to watch all 71 entries before voting for finalists so we needed to cut it in half as best we could with short turnover.  To be honest I am very skeptical that most people will even watch all 30 of these, as they're supposed to, before voting, as evidenced by the fact that many people have voted for less than 10 films and that many people voted without mentioning anything when the link for one film was broken.  This is why we have to use a panel of judges for determining final results instead of public voting, which becomes a popularity contest.

Vik's entry was, inherently, disqualified; you can't make a comedy about rape and infanticide for a contest that has rules against offensive content and expect to make the cut.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I think Cheshire did a great job picking all the films he did. I wasn't expecting to be in the Top 30's, so it was a surprise to me. I don't believe I will make it to the top 15's, but hey, this was my first THAC. ^^

Unlike some, I did watch all of the videos before voting. It was a hard pick for me, but I was fairly happy with the picks I made. I picked the ones I think deserve to win. mini/smile

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Cheshire, after voting will you be only posting the top 15 or will you place what ranks each film got to 30?

In response to a couple of you, yes, I did rate them all individually, and I will be posting the results for those who didn't quite make the top 30.

Cheshire wrote:

Sorry, ahnt, you only get one shot.

Okay, no worries, I troll back to my cave and cry on my spiked club until a ferry comes, kisses me, and trans-mutates me back into my original form -> 12 headed golden bazilisk dragon with pink wings and a breath that produces butterflies! Hell yeah!

- No I haven't smoked anything, or injected stuff, or hurt my head badly ... I just had an very long discussion about how to apply the computer program from this one guy to my stuff and get away with it, and we ended up drawing weird math formulas on white boards and talking for hours and hours about nothing else than math and computational complexity -> brain melt!

Cheers Arend

Voted!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

MAX BUTCHER FTW

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/daragh2me/Avatarsposters/allworkandnoplay2.png

I have only watch about half so far (all the names I recognised I watched 1st). It's just my opinion but I think you got ripped off T.G-Tom. Your entry was great I would have rated it in the top 20. With such a fast judging process there is a danger that some decisions would not be popular. Oh well, better luck next time.

You can’t have manslaughter without the laughter!

how do you know whos in the top 30??:/

Click on the giant "VOTE!"

EDIT: WAIT! I forgot to include my username. So I can't vote again? mini/confused

Last edited by Awesomeonomy (January 5, 2010 (06:07pm))