Re: THAC 6 [CLOSED]

StevieCollins wrote:

You upload the movie and send a link to me in an email. The reason being is for voting (so the film is viewable to everyone).
Or did you mean about me hosting your film if you're stuck for hosting? If that's what you mean, then yes, you send me the film as an attachment and I'll give you temporarily hosting.

-Steve

So does that mean we send a download link to you, or send a youtube, vimeo, etc link?

Aaron wrote:
StevieCollins wrote:

You upload the movie and send a link to me in an email. The reason being is for voting (so the film is viewable to everyone).
Or did you mean about me hosting your film if you're stuck for hosting? If that's what you mean, then yes, you send me the film as an attachment and I'll give you temporarily hosting.

-Steve

So does that mean we send a download link to you, or send a youtube, vimeo, etc link?

Download link. You can use vimeo or youtube links in your film thread, and you can have a version with as many MBs as you want for your film thread too, but you must have a 5MB per minute one in the email.

-Steve

Aaron wrote:

Okay, I only have 1 question - Can we upload our films to youtube before the deadline?

No siree, Bob.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Sweet I'm getting back from vacation on January 2nd.  I can't wait to enter.

Last edited by Endless Possibilities (December 30, 2008 (04:22pm))

Sadley, I can't enter. I have to go back to school on January the 3rd. mini/sad

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/DaLegoMaster/Other/brook_signature.png

I going to enter this. I just have a question though, can I send you my film as a Brickshelf link? Or does it have to be something where you download it from the e-mail? I'm not quite sure how to attach movies to e-mails. It's never worked well for me. mini/sad

filmyguy wrote:

I going to enter this. I just have a question though, can I send you my film as a Brickshelf link? Or does it have to be something where you download it from the e-mail? I'm not quite sure how to attach movies to e-mails. It's never worked well for me. mini/sad

Well, acording to Stevie in a few threads ago, the film has to be emailed to him as a downloadable link.
But I'm not sure... mini/confused

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

I have a question.

Ok, so we have to email Stevie downloadable links for our films.
But is a download link the same as attaching our films to the email?

Thanks
D.J.M.

LMP wrote:

Sadley, I can't enter. I have to go back to school on January the 3rd. mini/sad

you go school on saturday?

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]

Steve, what is a download link?

Thanks
D.J.M.

I can't work this many hours on end so I don't think ill participate.

Happy THACing mini/sunnies

Hazzat wrote:
Aaron wrote:

Okay, I only have 1 question - Can we upload our films to youtube before the deadline?

No siree, Bob.

Actually you can. You can upload your film to youtube once you've sent the file to me through email. Then you can make your thread with all the downloads and youtube/vimeo versions you want.

-Steve

EDIT:

Download, I think I've said that loads of times already mini/tongue

-Steve

D.J.M. wrote:

Steve, what is a download link?

Ok, let's say we put our film on a server, and let's say the server it http://www.server.com
Once the film is uploaded onto the server you'll get a link to the file. For example:
http://www.server.com/files/thacentry.mov

-Steve

Last edited by Steve (December 31, 2008 (02:15am))

filmyguy wrote:

I'm still unsure on what to do, Steve. mini/sad

filmyguy wrote:

Yes. You can send the film as a brickshelf link.

-Steve

Sorry for the double post, but it seems some people don't know what a download link is.

It's a link that you go to when you download a film. So let's say you upload your film to brickshelf.com that means when it's up you click on the film or whatever and get the link in the address bar, then send me an email with the link up in the address bar.

There'll be some more details about submission in the "THAC 6 Starts NOW!" thread.

-Steve

StevieCollins wrote:
filmyguy wrote:

Yes. You can send the film as a brickshelf link.

-Steve

Oh ok, I was just confused there for a sec. Thanks for telling me! mini/smile

I guess the easiest way for me will be to upload it to a private page on brickheadproductions.com and send you a link to that.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Are all these changes being added to the original post?
Or it may take me 24 hours just to read the 157 replies looking for answers. mini/lol

Check out "The Bulls New Caravan" my THAC 6 entry or visit the Bodville website.

Hi.

Steve, can the server be  my facebook account?

Thanks
D.J.M.

D.J.M. wrote:

Hi.

Steve, can the server be  my facebook account?

Thanks
D.J.M.

It doesn't matter where you upload the file you send to me once it's downloadable.

-Steve