Re: THAC 6 [CLOSED]

Ok, I'm in Idaho with my computer, LEGO bricks, Camera, and mic. Ready!:)

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

Hi.

How do you compress a file? mini/confused

Thanks.
D.J.M.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

We've already answered that. Scroll up through the thread a bit.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

MMproductions wrote:

we can enter before the deadline right?

No. That's why the mod elements and theme is given out exactly when it starts. mini/smile

-Steve

No, he's asking if he can enter before the deadline, not the start. In which case, I believe the answer to be yes.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

You can and should submit your films before the deadline, but you can't post them in the forums until afterwards.

I thought when he said "Do we enter before the deadline" he meant do we start before the time. My mistake. As Hazzat and Night Owl said, yes you can submit your film before the deadline. It's advised to submit it straight away when it's finished.

-Steve

EDIT:

Hazzat wrote:

You can't host it on YouTube, even on Private, because it's too public.

Hazzat, THAC 5 was very well organized, but that doesn't mean I'm sticking to that exactly. Okay? mini/smile
You may upload your films to youtube or any other public host, since there's only one contest and not two in a week.

EDIT 2:

BrikStudio1 productions wrote:

This is hard to understand. So shud i upload the movie on youtube and then do a link to the forum? mini/confused

Yes, but make sure you have a file of one of the formats in the rules emailed to me. My email address will be given in the "THAC 6 Starts NOW!" thread when THAC 6 starts.

-Steve

Last edited by Steve (December 30, 2008 (04:28am))

I was just thinking... Just say we complete our films and are ready to upload it but then the 24 hours ends. Is there a way we can upload our films an hour or two after the contest ends but somehow prove that it was completed in the time frame? Or is uploading the films part of the contest.? Because My internet is capped and I very much doubt I'll be able to film AND upload something in the same 24 hours just due to slow internet.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

This sounds like a fun idea. It will be interesting to see what people can produce in only 24hours.

Check out "The Bulls New Caravan" my THAC 6 entry or visit the Bodville website.

Sean wrote:

I was just thinking... Just say we complete our films and are ready to upload it but then the 24 hours ends. Is there a way we can upload our films an hour or two after the contest ends but somehow prove that it was completed in the time frame? Or is uploading the films part of the contest.? Because My internet is capped and I very much doubt I'll be able to film AND upload something in the same 24 hours just due to slow internet.

If there definitely is trouble with your Internet (let's say sending your email is not working) then you can PM me your film. And if you have proof that it's been filmed in 24 hours or less, you'll get at the most half an hour after the contest ends. But you'd have to prove to me that it's been done in 24 hours. I don't know how you would though.

-Steve

Hi. It's me again.

So, a few threads ago I asked on how to make our films 3 mb per min. I was told to use a compresser and given two links to two different free compressers. I decided to use the Super compresser but I can't find where to download the free version on the website. Could someone help?:/

Thanks.
D.J.M.

I checked the FSL and didn't find it, i'd go for the other compression software for the easy route.

_2014

Well, I could not find out how to download the free version of the other one to. mini/sad

StevieCollins wrote:

I thought when he said "Do we enter before the deadline" he meant do we start before the time. My mistake. As Hazzat and Night Owl said, yes you can submit your film before the deadline. It's advised to submit it straight away when it's finished.

-Steve

EDIT:

Hazzat wrote:

You can't host it on YouTube, even on Private, because it's too public.

Hazzat, THAC 5 was very well organized, but that doesn't mean I'm sticking to that exactly. Okay? mini/smile
You may upload your films to youtube or any other public host, since there's only one contest and not two in a week.

EDIT 2:

This is hard to understand. So shud i upload the movie on youtube and then do a link to the forum? mini/confused

Yes, but make sure you have a file of one of the formats in the rules emailed to me. My email address will be given in the "THAC 6 Starts NOW!" thread when THAC 6 starts.

-Steve

But shud i only send the film to you whitout link? mini/confused

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/KalleiSkovde/HighDolphin.png?t=1277025446

But shud i only send the film to you whitout link? mini/confused

You need to send the film to me with a link. And then you can upload a version to youtube or something as well for your film thread. But don't send the other versions to me.

Okay, I only have 1 question - Can we upload our films to youtube before the deadline?

rsteenoven wrote:

It pisses me off when people keep trying to exert authority in places where it not needed, like they are experts at the matter or whatever. What's wrong with 3 smileys in a row? Maybe he was laughing 3 times harder, therefore one smiley would not suffice.

It's people telling the noobies what they can and can't do that is intimidating them and make them feel like "nobody likes them"

We have a PM system now so if you find a problem with a member, report it, or PM them and tell them they are doing something wrong instead of going off topic and spamming up a thread.

/rant over

I agree. Nice little rant rsteenoven.... mini/smile

New films-
The New Neighbor
Solanum
Casting Call for Solanum started!

Squash wrote:

Wait, I'm not sure I understand Stevie, do you want me to upload to hosting and send you the link, or can we send you the film as an attachment (which is what I did in THAC 3 and 5)?

You upload the movie and send a link to me in an email. The reason being is for voting (so the film is viewable to everyone).
Or did you mean about me hosting your film if you're stuck for hosting? If that's what you mean, then yes, you send me the film as an attachment and I'll give you temporarily hosting.

-Steve

EDIT:

Night Owl wrote:

Stevie, I'd consider raising the size limit to 5 MB/min; I doubt that anybody would have a problem with that, and it would be easier on some new members.

5MB would be grand I suppose, but definitely not more than that. I'm not sure if anyone uses dial up or has a slow Internet connection (they'd be waiting ages for it to load), but I suppose they wouldn't be waiting too longer than they would be waiting for a 3MB/min film... So yeah, I guess 5 MB/min would be alright. I'll update the rules. If anyone does have a problem with 5MB/min, please PM me.

-Steve

Last edited by Steve (December 30, 2008 (10:40am))

OK Stevie, I'll find myself hosting then. Thanks.

mini/bigsmile Thanks Stevie! I really need that 5MB

New films-
The New Neighbor
Solanum
Casting Call for Solanum started!