Topic: Lego Star Wars: Taking Over the Empire

Directory Link

Lego Star Wars: Taking Over the Empire

Link 1

This is a pretty good movie that i think you will enjoy!

Last edited by justforparody (December 30, 2009 (11:05am))

Re: Lego Star Wars: Taking Over the Empire

Haha, for a moment I thought you said that this is a pretty good movie that I'll enjoy...oh, wait, you did say that.

As for the film: there was barely any animation, even though what was there was good. I really hated the voices though, they sounded pretty bad and one voice was way louder than the other one, and both the voices sounded the same. I didn't like the 'plot' either, if that's what it could be called.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

BGanimations wrote:

Haha, for a moment I thought you said that this is a pretty good movie that I'll enjoy...oh, wait, you did say that.

As for the film: there was barely any animation, even though what was there was good. I really hated the voices though, they sounded pretty bad and one voice was way louder than the other one, and both the voices sounded the same. I didn't like the 'plot' either, if that's what it could be called.

Use Audacity, it is free, and will help fix all that stuff. So, if you don't have any other voice actors, you can change your pitch, and sound like an entirely different person.

BG, would it be possible for you to act like less of a jerk than you apparently are? Thanks. mini/smile

- Leo

Last edited by Leonardo812 (December 30, 2009 (12:15pm))

The animation was decent, but the chroma keying seemed incredibly messy and unnecessary. As for the comedy... Meh.

I agree with Spudster on the chroma keying bit but no offence the animation was not that amazing. the next film you make try moving the characters a bit more. What frame rate did you use?

Killed by the husband, drowned by the ocean, shot by his own son, he used the poison in his tea an kissed him goodbye, that's my kind of story, It's no fun 'til someone dies.

It was a critique Leo, I wasn't trying to be a jerk. As I recall, I said the animation, though little of it, was good. I just didn't like the plot or the voices.

BGanimations wrote:

It was a critique Leo, I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

Let's check out the nice little quote that began your post. . .

BGanimations wrote:

Nice critique... oh, wait. That's not a critique, that's making fun of the director.

My point stands. This forum isn't the place for trying to make yourself look better by bashing other people. Critique the film, don't laugh at someone because they don't have the unbelievably amazing film skills that you apparently possess.

- Leo

EDIT: You beat me to it, Leo. mini/wink

Also BG, your actual critique was pretty tactless.  Try to be a bit more sensitive.
It's especially insensitive to a brand new member to the community, who's just trying to figure stuff out.  He doesn't need insults thrown at him when he just wants to share his films and find ways to improve.

Anyway, welcome to BiM justforparody!  I think the main areas in need of improvement have already been addressed.  The chroma keying needs work, but I don't know how to help with that cause I suck at that too.  I think with chroma keying if you can't get it to turn out well, then it's better not to do it all, find another way, that's my opinion anyway.  The animation was decent, but next time try to add some animation for the long dialogue sequences to keep them interesting.

But I've definitely seen a lot worse so keep it up! mini/smile

Last edited by Fancypants (December 30, 2009 (02:32pm))

Well Leo, it wasn't intentional, it's not like if I say that I didn't enjoy the movie that I am being the world's biggest jerk or anything. But yeah, it sounds a bit mean now that I read it to myself.

Also (Don't take this as trying to insult anyone, it's nothing personal), I've seen lots of people on BiM say pretty much the same thing I said at the beginning of my post, and the never gor ripped on by any other members.

Those people are not the best role models. Not really much of a point on ripping on them, because they do it anyway.

Well then, I guess I'm not a very good role model. But enough of cluttering this movie discussion with ethics, let's get back to the movie itself, because I'm sure that justforparody dosen't want to listen to all of this.

And if it makes all you members that have been on here longer happy, I'll start being less of an evil critic and a bit nicer to new people.

In your next movie i would try to add more animation, don't try to add unnecessary effects and try to think of the dialog and story abit more also try to get voice actors to help you.

Don't just make parodies, try to think more, try making and actual movie with story and feeling.

Joe Sitch wrote:

Don't just make parodies, try to think more, try making and actual movie with story and feeling.

It is just a username. Yes, it was a parody, but that doesn't mean all his videos are parodies... or are they? I have to go check youtube again.

EDIT: Darn, I'm wrong! Well then, what he said.:shifty:

Last edited by Interbrick (December 30, 2009 (03:12pm))

michaelsmovies wrote:

It is just a username.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone said anything about a username.

@Spudster: Were you saying that the point of everyone ripping on me is because they knew I probably wouldn't do it anyway?

I know, I just finished editing the post. I thought he said that becasue his username is justforparody. I'm wrong.

Oh, okay than. No problem.

BGanimations wrote:

Well then, I guess I'm not a very good role model. But enough of cluttering this movie discussion with ethics, let's get back to the movie itself, because I'm sure that justforparody dosen't want to listen to all of this.

And if it makes all you members that have been on here longer happy, I'll start being less of an evil critic and a bit nicer to new people.

I wasn't saying that YOU are a bad role model, I was trying to point out that while other members may do it, that does not make it acceptable.

And I was also saying that people don't really try anymore with the other critical members because they do it anyways. Those critical, rude members are frowned upon. By me at least.

Last edited by Spudster (December 30, 2009 (03:20pm))

Joe Sitch wrote:
justforparody wrote:

It is just a username. Yes, it was a parody, but that doesn't mean all his videos are parodies

Looking at your youtube most of them are parodies or carry ons to already existing movies, all i was saying was too try thinking of your own stories

Your quote is wrong. I said that, unless, does your computer say that I am justforparody

@Spudster: But I'm saying that I've been a pretty bad role model. mini/tongue