Topic: Vakx vs Shadow

Directory Link

Vakx vs Shadow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM_thD-karE

Enjoy.

What is there to say?

Re: Vakx vs Shadow

Ok... first of all, you're link is wrong, but I just copied the url.
It's actually just bloody awefull, but (I think) it's your first, so I will say everything you need to improve (just everything)

- Build a set, I don't want to see your living room
- Tape your set down, and you camera also.
- make small movements and make it 12 or 15 fps (12 for beginners)
- think of story, of just... something.
- Maybe you should start with just small lego, as Bionicle is hard to film (yes it is, I tried one time).

I hope you're not mad at me, I'm just helping you.
And please do something with this info, not just replying like: ''I have no lego, only bionicle'' because then you shouldn't be on this site.
You need to learn it with critics boi. mini/smile

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Hum... Bionicles are Lego Technic, aren't they?

T.G-Tom wrote:

but (I think) it's your first.

I've been watching his channel and looks like it's not his first...
but really, before using such big things to animate, you should start with simples minifigs...then, when you think you have enough experience to animate Bionicles, you can animate everything you want (always test before start a project)...just before start with something simple. As T.G-tom said: small movements and higer framerate, 12 or 15, MAKE a set and tape your camera/set down, or at least use a tripod...
Anyway, Welcome to BiM mini/wink ...

Watching this I felt that it was more of a fancy slideshow!
I couldn't see a story or any comprehensible plot.
As the others said you may wan't to start with something smaller first.

Most of all the way the angles changed every couple of frames annoyed me slightly!

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

Haha Yeah A slideshow put together in WMM.

mini/cat

Collector1100 wrote:

I'm a LEGO move now.

What.. does.. that mean?

A lego move? What do you mean?

40% of people causing car accidents are caused by drunk driving. Drive drunk, it's safer.

I'm sorry, but that was terrible. I don't care how you feel, that was a terrible stop motion animated movie. first of, actually use an original set. don't just play pretend and think your living room is an apocalyptic wasteland. it's not. and instead of using other people's creations,(which I guess he did from the description) make your own. The characters didn't even look good at all. and what frame rate was that animated at? well, I guess it was animated at nothing, but just sloppily put together in windows movie maker. Actually use a stop motion program, there are tons of good ones, and lots of free ones with tons of tutorials. secondly, the quality of the picture was just terrible, moving everywhere, and blurry. at least get a tripod. The movements did NOT look realistic at all. It made them look like poorly made stickfigure animations. And third, The effects were absolutely terrible. I KNOW they were made with MS paint, seeing how bad they were, and how slowly they were.

So PLEASE; PLEASE actually put some EFFORT into your future animations. read up on some topics, and learn some new techniques.

_–{NOS}–_

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]

Oh and btw dude... it's not cool to delete my review on your youtube page. I made more effort in it than you did in your complete film.

That was possibly the worst brickfilm ever.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

Guys, really. Stop hating. I'll admit, this wasn't great, but I've seen much worse. Cut him some slack.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

It wasn't the best but yeah I've seen worse. All you really need to do is improve
your animation.

Actually, he needs a whole new technique... If Hazzat, or someone else who doesn't hate him could PM him how to do it, he'd be fine.
I'm not even going to go into why I won't PM him...

Last edited by Brickyman (November 7, 2009 (10:34am))

Seriously guys, cut him some slack...
I mean really, everyone's hammering the poor guy...

I agree.

it's because I'm tired of seeing the directory trying to be flooded by terrible animation, and the creators just saying,"it's so awesome i spent 10 days on it so rate 5 cuz its awesome", then everyone saying it needs to be improved. I'm just sick of it. they submit something bad, and everyone just says they've seen worse. Well I know there is, but I'm just giving the truth:

it was terrible

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]

NOS, I already said it was BLOODY AWEFULL, so you're not the only one.

yes, but just saying something is terrible won't change his skills and neither help him, NOS...you wouldn't like that someone tells you that your video sucks, even if it really does, unless you know it, but you won't understand WHY other people don't like it...if you're saying it's awful, you can say that but tell him what you think it's wrong, and if it has been said already, then it's better not to say anything... IMO.

I, for one, love films like this. They're by far the quickest to review.

On a serious note... guys, ease up. There's a difference between honesty and brutality, and the majority of the reviews so far fall solidly in the latter category. If he looks around the site a little, he'll see for himself what the standards are, and hopefully be inspired to improve. The ruthless vitriol dished about above isn't going to accomplish anything, except maybe scare him off the site for good.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions