Re: BiM 2010: Avant-Garde [CLOSED]

I plan on doing a Co-op for this contest.

Mazzeltof mini/bigsmile

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Hey, smeagol, do you think my "Perspective" is a good idea to make? YOu know that script I sent you?

Woah, this sounds awesome. I believe there will be some amazing entries to this contest(Night Owl). The theme would be great in a brickfilm(Better than STAR, but STAR was still awesome).
And BTW hi guys.
I can't wait to see some entries you guys!

The Avant-Garde is dead. Long live the Avant-Garde. Or better: gadjama gramma berida bimbala glandri galassassa laulitalomini
gadji beri bin blassa glassala laula lonni cadorsu sassala bim. Somebody had to say it!
So postmodern Avant-Garde artists, take out your old funny hats, start speaking in fantasy languages and do not forget your towels.

ブリックフィルマー

SW8Productions wrote:

I plan on doing a Co-op for this contest.

can I help?

Brickyman wrote:

Hey, smeagol, do you think my "Perspective" is a good idea to make? YOu know that script I sent you?

I don't remember it too well, but if it's the script I'm thinking of didn't it have a lot of violence and language?  In which case it wouldn't be eligible for the contest.  Either way though, I'd encourage trying to think outside the box a little more, from what I remember it was a fairly conventional narrative.  I know this is going to happen, inevitably, but I don't really want to see people enter whatever film they're currently working on, with a couple bits of dialog changed to suit the theme.  "Avant-garde" should be an approach to making the whole film, from the top down.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:
CheeseyBricks wrote:

I find it kind-of annoying that these contests always seem to avoid the summer holidays for us in the northern hemisphere, but nevermind, we have the winter holidays instead.

It really depends where you live, I guess, for me a July 25 deadline would give me almost all of summer break to work on an entry and I know that's the case for many others in the United States.

For me, I have 3 days of the summer holidays before the deadline.

The theme is intriuging, would a Koyaanisqatsi-esque film count? As that's one of my many partly formed ideas.

CheeseyBricks wrote:

The theme is intriuging, would a Koyaanisqatsi-esque film count? As that's one of my many partly formed ideas.

I thought about it too...but I don't know if I'll do a "quatsi" film...

I unfortunately haven't seen that film, but from my understanding yes, something in a style similar to that would be suitable for this contest.

I'm pretty good with the script, wrote it a year ago, and you'll find the title in my sig by now.

This film wight have bit too much violence(like a guy being shot, then falling of a window.), but it will not contain any guts or blood, only some bullets and some exploding cars.

Will I get sued for that?

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

That sounds like you will be keeping it within reason -- I would probably tend to draw the line at blood and gore, yes.

Sméagol wrote:

I agree with Cheshire, it concerns me that some people are nearing completion or are nearly done scripting.  For a contest where the concept itself is so central, I would recommend thinking of ideas for at least a week or two before attempting to outline a story.  I know I don't feel comfortable scripting anything until I've had a few weeks to think about the idea and whether or not it's really the best it can be.

This. This is why I'm spending 3 months on scripting. Now I wish I had a scripting buddy though.

Sméagol wrote:

That sounds like you will be keeping it within reason -- I would probably tend to draw the line at blood and gore, yes.

Ah, good. I hoped I didn't had to change my now 11-paged script...

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you! mini/wink

I know this is going to happen, inevitably, but I don't really want to see people enter whatever film they're currently working on, with a couple bits of dialog changed to suit the theme.  "Avant-garde" should be an approach to making the whole film, from the top down.

Hazzat wrote:

I think he was being sarcastic.

Oh.

um.....no comment.

Persist.

Sméagol wrote:

I know this is going to happen, inevitably, but I don't really want to see people enter whatever film they're currently working on, with a couple bits of dialog changed to suit the theme.  "Avant-garde" should be an approach to making the whole film, from the top down.

I agree, This is one of the reasons why it was announced this early. Now people have more time.

I have a question: If I use shadows of Lego figures, would it still count as Lego or Lego like products?

I want to make a movie. (Duh)

Yes, as long as that is clearly the case.

Sméagol wrote:

I willl not change my script one bit. This film will contain some animation techniques that is rarely seen, and they'll hopefully be good.

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile