Topic: NEW: Superman and Batman movie (Man of Steel Sequel)

After years and years of Warner Bros. producing both film series separately, with several reboots in between to boot, It has been announced that the Man of Steel sequel will feature the two heroes together for the first time on the big screen.

What are your thoughts? Personally, I'm excited. I loved Christian Bale as Batman... well, kinda. But, replacing him is probably needed. I just wonder who will take up the cape and cowl to contrast Superman in the new movie?

Either way, I'm sure LEGO is busy thinking of how their superhero sets can/will reflect the future movie. (And, maybe some day, the Justice League movie that the world deserves, AND needs right now.)

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Re: NEW: Superman and Batman movie (Man of Steel Sequel)

Big question:
Who's going to play Batty?

We know Bale's not coming back.

Also, will any other DC heroes be there?

Will this movie be like the Batman/Superman comics?

I'm personally really glad that Christian Bale isn't going to play Batman. Not that I didn't love him as Batman, but it just wouldn't be the same. Especially because

Spoiler (click to read)

At the end of The Dark Knight Rises, he just wants to be done being Batman. Just let him be happy. :'(
But also, that would make everyone in Gotham be like "Oh. Well I guess he's not dead. Huh." In addition, it would reveal that Superman exists in that universe. Where was he when all the events in TDKR took place?

I also would like to know whether this film will revert back to the more cartoon-ish Batman or will it be more dark like past three Batman films. And if that is the case, I can foresee some criticism along the lines of "Oh, this was too much like The Dark Knight Trilogy! Those films did it perfectly!"

But I am really curious to see how this will turn out.

If Batman is like TDR:
He's too much like the TDR Batman!

If it's not like TDR:
This is lame!  Make it more like TDR!

That's my prediction, at least.

Since it's from the people who made Man of Steel, it's probably going to be a lot like that, just with Batman.
(I, sadly, have not seen Man of Steel yet)

I still don't really fancy Batman and Superman as a team much.
Batman is the coolest hero ever, but even he looks a little sad when compared to Superman.
Superman is just too OP.

what they need to do, is  make a Batman Beyond  movie.

These are my thoughts:

OK, wut?

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

HEY GUYS YOU KNOW THAT AVENGERS FILM EARNED LOADS OF MONEY WELL WHY DON'T WE DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING ONLY WITH THAT GUY WHO FIGHTS PEOPLE IN HIS UNDERWEAR AND THAT OTHER GUY WHO EVERYONE LIKES FOR SOME REASON AND IT'LL EARN LOADS OF MONEY

YouTube
Max, She/They

1.) Superman has gotten past his phase of wearing underwear in public.

2.) Man of Steel was a better film than the Avengers in my opinion.

3.) A Superman/Batman crossover has been wanted for so many years, this film would've probably been made regardless of anything the Avengers has done.

HEY GUYS YOU KNOW THAT AVENGERS FILM EARNED LOADS OF MONEY WELL WHY DON'T WE DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING ONLY WITH THAT GUY WHO FIGHTS PEOPLE IN HIS UNDERWEAR AND THAT OTHER GUY WHO EVERYONE LIKES FOR SOME REASON AND IT'LL EARN LOADS OF MONEY

I dislike your cynical approach to everything...

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

I like his cynical approach to everything...

Without it we wouldn't have got to enjoy those 4-page rants on the Star Wars prequels and Avatar. Several times. For around 3 years.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

I enjoy the rants, they usually bring out things that I would have never noticed or cared about.
And while we may find them to be over-reacting, if that's his opinion, then he's free to share it.
They're also hilarious on occasion.

Now, I don't know anything about the previous attempts to bring Superman and Batman together. (Be it TV, comics, graphic novels, Ect...) But it seems like it would be very, very hard to bring in the most over-powered hero, and place him with just about the least powered hero, and not expect Superman to dominate the villain-defeating.

Sure, Batman can bring in strategies and tactics and stuff, but if you're invincible and faster than a speeding bullet, who needs a plan? Just smash everything. Or find the bad guy using your hearing and x-ray vision, and only smash him and his house. Who needs Batmobiles or Batplanes? Just run like the wind or fly round the globe.

So, could somebody please explain what exactly Batman would be bring into this thing. (In-universe, since out of universe he'll be bring in the big bucks and that's reason enough for the producers.)

Pritchard Studios wrote:

So, could somebody please explain what exactly Batman would be bring into this thing.

The only really important thing that Batman brings is to a duo with Superman is not being effected by kryptonite.

I would rather they waited longer for this and introduced some more heroes and have a bigger team.
I'd like to see something with Flash or Martian Manhunter.  They're cool characters.

Still, I do want to see this movie.

batman  would be useful,  if the villain shoved kryptonite in superman's face.

If they don't call it Superbat or Bat of Steel I'm gonna cry.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Legocloniac477 wrote:

I dislike your cynical approach to everything...

If the film review site I used to contribute to hadn't exploded, I would link you to over a years worth of reviews I wrote every Friday - including a Top 10 Films of 2011 list, a detailed retrospective of Terry Gilliam's filmography, and a entire month where I did nothing but review some of my favourite films ever made. You would probably be surprised to find that quite a few of my reviews are positive, and the only times I actually got really mad were when I reviewed Cars 2 (because it sucked), The Dark Knight Rises (because it was overrated), and The Artist (because it was just as good as everyone said it was).

My apologies. From now on I shall say how much I am looking forward to seeing two completely different superheroes teaming up to cash in on a ship that has already sailed. Bring on the spectacle of Superman trying to be like Batman, and Batman being a hundred times more annoying than I can ever hope to be (which, trust me, is very very annoying)

YouTube
Max, She/They

I think it's funny that many movie fans criticize the film industry for doing things just for money... yet, they still go to see them. Sequels and Prequels on the other hand... mini/rolleyes

I personally think the film would be a good idea, but, It'll be a hard thing to do. Batman and Superman ARE complete opposites. However, though Superman has the powers, (And, in the new movie, is just starting out) Batman has the brains. That's why a trio between Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman is often exploited. I mean, come on! Batman's intimidating, Superman's strong, and Wonder Woman... well, who'd NOT do what she says?

Though we all want a Justice League movie, I think this film could go two ways: It's either an appetizer, or it's the best we're gonna get outside of an animated movie. (Not to put down the power of Bruce Timm and Paul Dini) Hopefully, if this film is good, a Justice League movie would be next...

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

if they make the film,  it should be based off one of the superman/batman  comics.

Fan Service: the Movie

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

We get it Max, you're a cynical contrarian.  Everyone likes something, you hate it.  Everyone hates something, you love it.  Just as long as you don't divert the conversation, continue with your cynical ways.

News is still coming out about this and some say it's going to be a Versus film (Supes vs Bats).

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png